Tariffs on Mexico

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lunacy indeed....and getting worse.

more on same:

rump forges ahead with tariff threat on Mexican imports despite protests
source : WAPO

President Trump brushed aside apoplectic lawmakers, business groups and investors who have spoken out against his plan to impose penalties on Mexico in an attempt to stop a surge of migrants across the border.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Mexico��s foreign minister says he will meet with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Washington in bid to head off trade dispute

Marcelo Ebrard, said he'd meet Wednesday with a delegation led by Pompeo to ��resolve our differences.��

The announcement came after President Trump threatened a series of escalating tariffs unless Mexico stopped the growing flow of Central American migrants from crossing the U.S. border.

source: WAPO

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Lunacy indeed....and getting worse.
more on same:
rump forges ahead with tariff threat on Mexican imports despite protests
source : WAPO
President Trump brushed aside apoplectic lawmakers, business groups and investors who have spoken out against his plan to impose penalties on Mexico in an attempt to stop a surge of migrants across the border.

Rump. That name fits him.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
By taxing US consumers... er... I mean Mexico.
It's just like the way that the USA punishes Canada for sending them Uranium when Uranium is in extremely short supply in the USA and how the USA is punishing Canada for exporting software lumber when the USA doesn't have enough software lumber to fill their need for it ... which grows and grows a bit more every hurricane and tornado season.

Canada suffers far less than the American people do by those tariffs.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
It's just like the way that the USA punishes Canada for sending them Uranium when Uranium is in extremely short supply in the USA and how the USA is punishing Canada for exporting software lumber when the USA doesn't have enough software lumber to fill their need for it ... which grows and grows a bit more every hurricane and tornado season.
Canada suffers far less than the American people do by those tariffs.

That's what I don't get about this trade war. Trump's tariffs hurt the US consumer more than anyone else. Heck, even harley Davidson moved some business out of the country since its steel costs went up. Trudeaut's 'counter-tariffs hurt Canadian consumers more than they do anyone else.

Now imagine if I shot myself in the foot because I was angry at you. You take it as an insult and, not be be beaten, put out a revolver, shout at me how you'll get youre revenge, aim at your foot, and pull the trigger.

Offended by your action, I say 'oh yeah? Watch this!', aim at my other foot, and shoot myself again.

That is the essence of a trade war.

If Canada were half smart, we'd do this:
http://www.ceocouncil.ca/wp-content...opt-free-trade-Ciuriak-and-Xiao-May-20141.pdf

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
That's what I don't get about this trade war. Trump's tariffs hurt the US consumer more than anyone else. Heck, even harley Davidson moved some business out of the country since its steel costs went up. Trudeaut's 'counter-tariffs hurt Canadian consumers more than they do anyone else.
Now imagine if I shot myself in the foot because I was angry at you. You take it as an insult and, not be be beaten, put out a revolver, shout at me how you'll get youre revenge, aim at your foot, and pull the trigger.
Offended by your action, I say 'oh yeah? Watch this!', aim at my other foot, and shoot myself again.
That is the essence of a trade war.
If Canada were half smart, we'd do this:
http://www.ceocouncil.ca/wp-content...opt-free-trade-Ciuriak-and-Xiao-May-20141.pdf

Trump is certifiably insane.

Just sayin'.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Trump is certifiably insane. Just sayin'.

Yes, mr rape the baby, kill the baby, eat the baby...what evah you say.
(500,000 dead children were worth it)
;)
Ya freakin certifiably insane FAKENEWS nazi commie globalist Epstein Wiener.

You have already proven yourself to be a massive case of psychological projection, so speak for yourself. No sane person could be as wrong, and as often as you are, without being completely hoidie yourself.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
How does a tariff fund a wall?
Tariffs keep going up till the illegal immigrants are stopped. Best way to stop the illegals is to build a wall. Mexico is screwed till they build that wall. Art of the deal.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yes, mr rape the baby, kill the baby, eat the baby...what evah you say.
(500,000 dead children were worth it)
;)
Ya freakin certifiably insane FAKENEWS nazi commie globalist Epstein Wiener.
You have already proven yourself to be a massive case of psychological projection, so speak for yourself. No sane person could be as wrong, and as often as you are, without being completely hoidie yourself.
Holy crap, it's happening again and smoke is definitely coming out of your ears.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Tariffs keep going up till the illegal immigrants are stopped. Best way to stop the illegals is to build a wall. Mexico is screwed till they build that wall. Art of the deal.
My highly reliable sixth sense is skeptical that this will result in Mexico building a wall to remove tariffs.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Trump is certifiably insane.
Just sayin'.

Thin line between insane and genius

Maybe he is the later, and as sly as a fox too.

Mexico has to do something about this problem..

Further, you can count on 1000's of people from Africa in that caravan coming to Canada. Think on that.