Trump at 700 days plus

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Michael Cohen says he paid tech firm to rig online polls 'at the direction of' Trump
"I truly regret my blind loyalty to a man who doesn’t deserve it," Cohen said in a tweet.
Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer and fixer, confirmed on Thursday that he paid a small tech firm to rig online polls before the 2016 presidential campaign got underway "at the direction of and the sole benefit of" Trump.
The Wall Street Journal was the first to report the payment and attempted poll manipulation. The Trump Organization declined to comment to the newspaper.
"As for the @WSJ article on poll rigging, what I did was at the direction of and for the sole benefit of @realDonaldTrump @POTUS. I truly regret my blind loyalty to a man who doesn’t deserve it," Cohen said in a tweet.
Cohen paid the money to John Gauger, who runs RedFinch Solutions LLC, in early 2015, to rig online polls in Trump’s favor before the presidential campaign.
The newspaper reported that Cohen gave Gauger a blue Walmart bag containing about $13,000 in cash. Gauger also said that Cohen randomly included a boxing glove Cohen claimed at the time had been worn by a Brazilian mixed-martial arts fighter.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...ys-he-paid-tech-firm-rig-online-polls-n959746
Says the bullshitter Cohen.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
It is now reported that Mueller has discredited BuzzFeed news report that U.S. President Donald Trump instructed his former personal attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about dealings related to a Trump Tower Moscow project under consideration during the 2016 presidential election.

After the near hysterical screed CNN has broadcast over the last 24 hours portraying this as last nail in Trump's impeachment coffin.. I expected something of an apology from the network. It turns out they've been trumpeting gutter slander as real news. I saw nothing (except Smerconish w who called them out on the red flags that were all over this on his show). They have no such class. They've decided to ignore it as if it really never really happened.

More proof that CNN has now, with the NYT and Wash. Post, relinquished all pretense of objectivity and have revealed themselves as purveyors of fake news and gossip.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
'It's anyone's guess what happens next': Democrats shoot down Trump's plan to end shutdown

WASHINGTON – Apparently, it didn’t work.
President Donald Trump’s offer to extend protections for some young immigrants in exchange for border wall funding and possibly bring an end to the partial government shutdown was immediately shot down by congressional Democrats who called the proposal "inadequate" and predicted it wouldn't pass either the House or the Senate.
Even before Trump officially made his speech and put protections for young immigrants in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program on the bargaining table, Democrats denounced the offer, saying it wasn't enough to end the historic 28-day shutdown.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., called Trump's proposal "unacceptable" and said it was a "non-starter' that wouldn't pass in Congress.
She said the offer did not "represent a good faith effort to restore certainty to people’s lives," especially since the president's proposal only offered temporary solutions for DREAMers, undocumented immigrants brought to the country before their 18th birthday.
"It is unlikely that any one of these provisions alone would pass the House, and taken together, they are a non-starter," Pelosi said.
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., dismissed Trump's offer as "not a compromise but more hostage taking."

Click the link for the full article, another compromise by Trump what can possibly be the counter offer from the Dems.

No wall and not enough is not much of a counter offer

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
'It's anyone's guess what happens next': Democrats shoot down Trump's plan to end shutdown
Click the link for the full article, another compromise by Trump what can possibly be the counter offer from the Dems.
No wall and not enough is not much of a counter offer
I'd go 2 billion for border security, no wall.

But Trump has already proven himself a liar and a bad-faith negotiator, so I can understand the reluctance to deal with him at all.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Like the one around exPelosis mouth's shack that Laura Loomer and those illegals invaded the other day...and were asked to leave because walls.

Cruz has the funding bill if Trump needs a back up...charging that Mexican drug dealer the dems have paid so much money too over the years to get their dope and laundered kickbacks from sounds like a capital idea.
:)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Unfortunately, Trump doesn't negotiate in good faith. It's all about winning and losing, and tossing people under busses. Unless the Dems want to watch him pound his chest like a gorilla who just stole a barrel of bananas, there is no reason for them to give in.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen

Had to leak some to show that there was no Trump instructions

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
amazingly the Mueller investigation has turned from which hunt to reliable news source, as long as the news is pro Trump.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I would say the multiple felony convictions and guilty pleas make it less of a witch hunt.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I would say the multiple felony convictions and guilty pleas make it less of a witch hunt.
Lying to the FBI and tax issues in an investigation into Russian collusion, but where are the charges of Russian collusion? Two years and still waiting .