Gun Control is Completely Useless.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Does anyone know the stats on active shooters that raid a non-gunfree event? Do the active shooters end up dead faster? In Canada, the shooter that showed up at the parliment buildings, wasn't he taken down by someone other than the police?

And if the soldier standing guard at the war memorial had been allowed to carry ammuniton- the killer might not have got into parliament!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals whine about gun control for two reasons:

Firstly because talking about gun control is MUCH CHEAPER than criminal control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actual crime control would involve taking costly action that would deplete LIE-beral reserves of gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And crime control would expose the FAILURE of LIE-beral immigration and multi culturalism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And second- because gun control can generate new revenue streams and we all know LIE-berals NEED all the gravy they can get!!!!!!

And LIE-berals would be DELIGHTED to put more Hogs to work using that new revenue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And has anyosy noticed- gun control has NOT been effective in Britain or Australia etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reports out of Britain in years past indicate that gun control is actually responsible for an uptick in home invasions- while people are

still at home- since drug addicts desperate for cash no longer have to worry about getting a shotgun blast of bird shot up the bum

from some angry home owner -so they dont wait for home owner to head off to work now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just slip in and if confronted- wave a big knife or small pistol till home owner backs off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Over 70 firearms stolen from southern Saskatchewan gun collector

Registered and properly stored and the criminals were still able to get their hands on them h'mmmmm
So mucn for properly stored. I do not even have guns but there is a good alarm system .This I Know because before I got used to it I paid the cops a couple of times for false alarms! So there are always dummies and crooks.

Oh and geez the owner never got the chance to even shoot one of them!!

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
So mucn for properly stored. I do not even have guns but there is a good alarm system .This I Know because before I got used to it I paid the cops a couple of times for false alarms! So there are always dummies and crooks.

Spiteful Bitch Syndrome - wanting to blame the owner of properly stored firearm for the actions of a thief.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
The reverse is also true. Would you like to see the First Amendment, or the Fourth, the Fifth, or the Eighth "limited" the way you want to limit the Second?

That's what you seem to be saying.

I'm not saying anything. The cartoon is simply a commentary on how misplaced the values are that some Americans hold.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm not saying anything. The cartoon is simply a commentary on how misplaced the values are that some Americans hold.
You surely do spend a lot of time saying it.

It's just my comment that the Bill of Rights is a Rohrschach test. The left loves the Fourth, the Fifth, and the Eighth, and hate the Second and the Ninth.

The right loves the Second and the Ninth, and hates the Fourth, the Fifth, and the Eighth.

Both of 'em have a rocky, inconsistent relationship with the First.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Story's no different. Kids have different opportunities in life. It's a matter of record that non-white kids, on average, have fewer than white kids. But nobody has a guaranteed road. The key is to be as smart as you can, look for opportunities, get on them when you can find or make them, be moderate in your use of mind-altering substances, and when you calculate you've made it, if you feel so motivated, reach back and help some more kids along.

All of this is best done in an atmosphere that emphasizes individual right, freedom, and responsibility; and the government limits itself to providing basic services to all, special services to those in genuine need, and forbidding only conduct that causes direct, tangible harm to others.

I know you know this. I'm just letting you know I know it too. I understand some folk think I'm a shrieking liberal, but I believe they are confused. Recognizing a problem does not mean you automatically support a government program to improperly and inadequately address that problem. Just like denying a problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Great post.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Great post.

Is it not amusing how muddled is all LIE-beral thinking?????????????

If somebody breaks into your house and steals your fire arm that has been left sitting on a table after you cleaned it and forgot to put it away- then YOU ARE IN TROUBLE for careless storage of a firearm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if somebody breaks into your car and hot wires it and steals the car- and runs somebody over with your car- then THE THIEF is in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are willing to admit that guns put food on peoples tables and thus are a necessary evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yet LIE-berals have already told us that fossil fueled cars are an abomination and LIE-berals want to END all fossil fuel usage in CANADA!!!!!!!!

Apparently screwed up LIE-berals THINK that banning cars that many people own - will win them more votes than banning guns which only a modest portion of the population owns??????????????????

And LIE-berals think that being soft on criminals will win them more votes than their stupid hand wringing over all the stabbings and shootings in Toronto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All LIE-beral policy is spinning in circles- like nasty turds in a flushed political toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Ironically, there is a wee bit of truth in what you say. Everyone in Canada pays taxes, but the ones who can't afford to and refuse to don't have to.

========================================================================================================

Speaking of not paying- here is an article illustrating why TCHC is always short of gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating yet again that LIE-beral govt could not run a hamburger stand at a profit-not even if you give them the beef for free! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Toronto Community Housing Corporation plagued by ballooning arrears

By Sue-Ann Levy, Toronto Sun. First posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 08:00 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 08:59 PM EDT

A newly released report from Toronto Community Housing Corporation (TCHC) proves the beleaguered housing authority has both a spending and a revenue problem - largely of their own making.

The 12-page “arrears management” report on the agenda of next week’s board meeting shows the amount of rent and parking owed to the corporation (and uncollected) has doubled in five years from $6.9 million in 2012 to $12.8 million in 2016.

The number of units with arrears outstanding has increased nearly 50% during that same time period from 6,719 to 10,032.

This inability to get the mounting arrears under control occurred even as TCHC officials put new arrears collection measures into place in August of 2014, hired 26 new clerks to deal with the improved process in early 2015 and initiated extensive training of staff on the process from March to May, 2015, according to the report.

The report also shows that the point at which legal means are able to curtail the arrears - that is notices of eviction and Landlord and Tenant Board action - has climbed from $5 million outstanding at the end of 2013 to $11 million outstanding in early 2017.

Based on this trend, the report predicts the arrears are slated to balloon to $14.4-million by year’s end. That’s $14.4-million the forever cash-strapped housing authority could use to improve the quality of life for tenants.

(Its also 14.4 million they will not be able to hand out as bonuses for already overpaid Hogs at TCHC! They will just whine till the city gives them more!)

In fairness, as TCHC spokesperson Brayden Akers points out, the housing authority has done a better job of negotiating repayment agreements with vulnerable tenants since 2013.

(Oh that is SWELL- dead beat drug dealers and their addicts and the hookers who entertain them all are now `negotiating` with their landlords to decide what amount of rent they FEEL LIKE paying!)

As a result, the number of arrears subject to some form of repayment agreement has jumped from 18% to 41% between 2012 and 2016.

“By utilizing reasonable repayment agreements as a resolution tactic, TCHC is able to preserve tenancies among a growing number of vulnerable tenants,” Akers said.

However, if you look closely at the growth in absolute numbers, the difference between what is owed and what is subject to a repayment agreement in 2016- $7,603,685 is more than what was owed entirely in 2012 -$6,913,228.

(The `negotiating` tactic is NOT WORKING! The more flexible Housing authorities get about being paid- the more they are FORCED to be flexible by tenants who are growing ever more skilled at fleecing the system!)

(Things are not improved by authorities who seem to think it is a sacred duty to house people no matter what sort of mess they make-the only tool govt has for controlling rotten tenants is swift and final eviction but govt will not use that tool for fear of causing hardship amongst those who are ripping us off!)

And Akers did acknowledge that the repayment agreements represent debt the corporation must still carry during the life of each respective agreement.

(So once the tenant moves out and goes some place else-maybe to another unit within another Toronto Housing building-the debt is just forgotten? And once debt is forgotten then govt does not have to report on its losses and poor management to any higher authority? Is MTHC becoming a classic money pit?)

While the report proposes changes that should have been used already to identify outstanding arrears faster, the glaring issue - besides negligence - becomes apparent on the final page of the report.

The arrears management system is not automated! Akers confirmed that TCHC officials are still tracking outstanding tenant debts with a “combination of spreadsheets and paper forms.”

(Should we ask if the use of paper forms makes it EASIER to hide arrears and other such screw ups and this is WHY govt prefers paper over automation? Or is the notorious computer scam that tarnished City Hall a few years back still haunting city authorities to the point they wont try to automate anything?)

In fact, the report notes that “customer service and records management is supported by paper records- which are often stale”.

(Would the pile of `stale` old files being pretty much ignored, reflect the reality of how little chance there is of collecting on those debts? Just how casual has rent collection become in TCHC?))

Little wonder, as the Sun revealed in mid-2015, tenant Galal Donia lived in Toronto housing from 1994 until finally evicted at the end of 2015 without paying more than $65,000 in rent arrears.

(IN fairness, TCHC buildings are pig pens but which came first- the tenant PIGS like Donia or the Pens such as he live in- often nearly rent free?)

A report by commissioner of housing equity Cynthia Summers - obtained by the Sun during that time - attributed the situation partly to a wily tenant who knew how to play the system and the rest to ineptitude by TCHC officials who allowed the situation to get out of hand.

(And should we expect the situation to get worse now that Toronto has declared itself a “Sanctuary City”? Is TCHC rapidly filling up with smart ass clowns who know how to avoid paying and who city officials wont evict and who federal LIE-berals will not deport under any circumstances? How out of control is TCHC becoming? And why should we put another penny into this slow moving long running train wreck?)

(Mayor Jackass John Tory has said that unless somebody gives him money to make major repairs very soon, then TCHC buildings will become so rotten they will be condemned and forced to close up and cease renting units-I have to say this sounds like a VIABLE PLAN for getting TCHC under fiscal control! Let the money pit fill in with rubble from its own collapsing buildings rather than going with the current plan to simply fill the fiscal hole with tax dollars!)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

The owner lived in Small Town Saskatchewan, and was away from home for a few weeks. Depending on the distance to the nearest neighbour the alarm (if there was one) could have gone off for a couple of weeks. RCMP response times are notoriously slow and in some instances can be measured in weeks or months also.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Police ask that anyone who was in the area around Storthoaks over the past month who noticed anything out of the ordinary contact Carnduff RCMP at 306-482-4400 or Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip online at http://www.saskcrimestoppers.com with your information.
The village of Storthoaks is located about 129 kilometres east of Estevan and about 15 kilometres west of the Manitoba border.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
There have been thieves since humans walked upright. I only point out the obvious. Who's spiteful now??

Clearly the government and the police - you know, the ones that we are supposed to be able to rely on? - they did not prevent this theft from happening. I think you are the spiteful one by wanting to pass the blame to the owner who was already in compliance with your radicalized regulations.