How about them Canucks!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Canucks prevail while Flames go down in disgrace to expansion team! Sedin Bros. shine in their 18th season!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Typical forum idiot thinks use of the subjective term "disgrace" equals factual. People that have a clue understand that losing to the second best team in the league is anything but disgraceful. It's not like they lost to the Canucks

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Nucks have been poorly run for years. Like the Flames, they attempt to consistently build the team for regular season success. Their fans are content with s playoff position

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The same thing that happened with Ignatief has happened with the Sedins.... Great players, but the team equation just isn't there to take it to the next level.

The Canucks would be wise to trade them for something while they still have some kind of value

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Too late now. Should have traded the pair the year they drafted them. They weren't playoff performers and most knowledgeable hockey fans knew that they never would be...much too soft. Ownership kept them because making the playoffs was good enough for their fans

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The same thing that happened with Ignatief has happened with the Sedins.... Great players, but the team equation just isn't there to take it to the next level.

The Canucks would be wise to trade them for something while they still have some kind of value

They'd just quit and go back to Sweden!

You don't want to forget it was the Canucks who won the President's trophy two years in a row. It was just shit house bad luck that they lost the cup to Boston that year. One idiot got himself suspended for the rest of the playoff for being a goon. As Idiot boy should know it would have been difficult to predict that at the time the Sedins were drafted.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
... it would have been difficult to predict that at the time the Sedins were drafted.

It wasn't difficult at all. It was well known in hockey circles that they were soft. They were lucky to make it to the finals against Beantown. Like the Flames, who went to the cup final against Tampa, they should have realized it was a fluke. In the Nucks case, they probably did but their fans were stupid enough to believe they would be back the following year

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
They'd just quit and go back to Sweden!

That's their choice... They can always play in the Swedish leagues or get a job in the pickled herring factory I suppose.

Fact is, they came to the NHL because that's where the money is

You don't want to forget it was the Canucks who won the President's trophy two years in a row. It was just shit house bad luck that they lost the cup to Boston that year. One idiot got himself suspended for the rest of the playoff for being a goon. As Idiot boy should know it would have been difficult to predict that at the time the Sedins were drafted.

That's a great accomplishment, but they couldn't close the deal on the Cup at the end of the day

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The sisters would jump at the chance to win a cup. Just about every player says they only want play where are. It's great public relations.

Unfortunately for the sisters, any serious cup contender wouldn't want them

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's their choice... They can always play in the Swedish leagues or get a job in the pickled herring factory I suppose.

What's the average tenure? 8-10 years at the most? I don't see the Sedins as being anyone's fools and I would guess after 18 years, they'll never NEED another job for financial purposes. J.M.H.O.