We need to reform immigration

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Try again.

There are very, very few interpretations of the bible from reputable Muslim scholars which differ significantly on social values.

Not all Muslims agree on the same things. I never said they do. I said that there are fairly universally recognized laws of Islam - recognized by Muslim scholars, and we see these laws come into play in Muslim states which base their legal code on the Koran. Which is why there is no Muslim state which treats women equally, no Muslim state which treats other religions with the same respect as Islam, and why you aren't going to see gay pride parades in Cairo or Kuala Lumpur, much less Tehran or Riyadh.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
It doesn't matter what the Quran says. What matters is how people choose to interpret it. That's why some Christians are fine with homosexuality and some find it an abomination.

It's simply laughable to lump all Muslins together in terms of what they believe. Actually, laughable doesn't even begin to describe it.

Yeah, if only we had like... uhm, a poll or something, which showed that much of the Muslim world believes in certain themes, like death to apostates and blasphemers and Sharia law and stuff like that.

Wait! We do!
The World

Pakistan: New Poll Shows 78 Percent of Pakistanis Support Death Penalty for Leaving Islam | Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.)

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Yeah, if only we had like... uhm, a poll or something, which showed that much of the Muslim world believes in certain themes, like death to apostates and blasphemers and Sharia law and stuff like that.

Wait! We do!
The World

Pakistan: New Poll Shows 78 Percent of Pakistanis Support Death Penalty for Leaving Islam | Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.)

Again, though there is only one Shari'a, there exist many different interpretations.

Also, are you suggesting that the law should target groups or individuals?

Even the Qur'an teaches that the law ought to target persons, not groups. Even British common law recognizes this principle as does the civil code. So does the Gospel and the Torah. why do you suddenly propose we judge a person not by his own actions but based on his place of birth?

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
Tell me, would you accept information from a web site called "Muslims are terrorists.com?" No? Then why would you think I would accept information from one called "Muslims are not terrorists.com"?

Look, the history of Islam is the history of compulsion. Its original prophet slaughtered anyone who refused to convert. All the greatest heroes of Islam have been warriors who killed people who refused to convert. And as I said, there are no Muslim states which treat non-Muslim citizens with equality. Telling me that Islam respects freedom of religion is like telling me the KKK respects black people. I'm not buying your version of reality.

Again, though there is only one Shari'a, there exist many different interpretations.

Yeah? Which version grants equality to women and non-Muslims, and does not call for death for apostasy, homosexuality and blaspheme?

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Tell me, would you accept information from a web site called "Muslims are terrorists.com?" No? Then why would you think I would accept information from one called "Muslims are not terrorists.com"?

Look, the history of Islam is the history of compulsion. Its original prophet slaughtered anyone who refused to convert. All the greatest heroes of Islam have been warriors who killed people who refused to convert. And as I said, there are no Muslim states which treat non-Muslim citizens with equality. Telling me that Islam respects freedom of religion is like telling me the KKK respects black people. I'm not buying your version of reality.

Oh boy. I linked to it not for you to read the article but rather to refer to the Qur'anic verses cited. How can you even discuss Islam without knowing the Qur'an?

I'm just not in the mood to type up each verse for you, so I found sites on the web that had already compiled them to make my task easier and to help you. Instead, my intentions go right over your head and you think I wanted you to read the article.

Last edited:

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
You're embarrassing yourself.

Really? Because I pointed out factual things and you have no reply that should be embarrassing to me? Do tell me which of the fifty odd Muslim states are progressive and secular and respect women as well as men, and non-Muslims as well as Muslims. Is that so hard?

Oh boy. I linked to it not for you to read the article but rather to refer to the Qur'anic verses cited. How can you even discuss Islam without knowing the Qur'an?

I'm just not in the mood to type up each verse for you, so I found sites on the web that had already compiled them to make my task easier and to help you. Instead, my intentions go right over your head and you think I wanted you to read the article.
Oh, I'm supposed to read verses. Here are some koranic verses for you to read.

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:59-60) - "And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape. Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (9:73) - "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination."

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (25:52) - "Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness..."

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Sahih Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Sahih Muslim (1:33) - the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

Sahih Bukhari (11:626) - [Muhammad said:] "I decided to order a man to lead the prayer and then take a flame to burn all those, who had not left their houses for the prayer, burning them alive inside their homes."

Sahih Muslim (19:4294) - "Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war... When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withhold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them... If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them."

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Really? Because I pointed out factual things and you have no reply that should be embarrassing to me? Do tell me which of the fifty odd Muslim states are progressive and secular and respect women as well as men, and non-Muslims as well as Muslims. Is that so hard?

Oh, I'm supposed to read verses. Here are some koranic verses for you to read.

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:59-60) - "And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape. Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (9:73) - "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination."

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (25:52) - "Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness..."

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Sahih Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Sahih Muslim (1:33) - the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

Sahih Bukhari (11:626) - [Muhammad said:] "I decided to order a man to lead the prayer and then take a flame to burn all those, who had not left their houses for the prayer, burning them alive inside their homes."

Sahih Muslim (19:4294) - "Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war... When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withhold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them... If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them."

The Quran's Verses of Violence

Firstly, outside of the Qur'an, not all Muslims accept the same ahadith.

Secondly, what verse among the ones you posted condone violence. Most talk of the punishment of God, not man. And the rest talk about striving, not killing.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Firstly, outside of the Qur'an, not all Muslims accept the same ahadith.

Secondly, what verse among the ones you posted condone violence. Most talk of the punishment of God, not man. And the rest talk about striving, not killing.

Errr you no read well eh??
There is no God and no Allah, so who does all the Muslim good stuff eh??

Ie

Muslim (1:33) - the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Ie

Muslim (1:33) - the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god

That's not the whole quote.....stupid.

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
I'm not going to argue about koranic interpretations any further. You can talk all you want about how it's the religion of peace. History and the events happening daily throughout the Muslim world demonstrate otherwise. Any religion can be fanatic if that is the interpretation, and that IS often the interpretation through most of the Muslim world today, especially among those Muslim nations which we principally derive immigrants from. To expect we're going to bring in thousands of Muslims from Pakistan every year who are divorced from the extremist beliefs prevailing in Pakistan is absurd, without some pretty heavy screening. And at present there is none.

When you add those social beliefs to the poor economic success of immigrants from this region it seems only logical to me to focus are immigration recruitment efforts elsewhere.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Tell God, he's flying around your head someplace

I don't need to "tell God", but it's painfully obvious that you don't have a clue about Islam either.

First, this quote isn't from the Quran, and the part missing is.....that there is no God but Allah, and that Muhammad is His messenger.

So, Muslims don't believe that there is "no God". How about you pull your head out of your a$$, sit back, and just read for a while. You MIGHT learn something. I won't hold my breath though.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Ie

Oh, since we're quoting the good books...

"You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." Leviticus 25:44-46

Clearly Christians are pro slavery

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Our immigration policy is one of the best even the Americans cite ours as progress.
Takes nearly two years of vetting to get a pass. We are around thirty million and we
need more not less. I have seen a lot of groups come and the society move on
Hungary 1956
Vietnamese in the 70's
We have seen people come from the four corners of the earth.
Indo Canadians for example many have become my friends'
I know some who are Muslims as well.

What I can't get over is why we fight the Christians, Jews and Muslims,
All three groups claim Abraham is the father of their creed therefore this
whole thing is little more than a family feud.
See its not about immigration its about keeping groups out who are different,
I have trouble disliking people I don't' know for starters and I like exploring
differences, cause when it comes down to it no matter where we come from
we want mostly the same things in life

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Christians do not read the Bible to decide if they are fine with homosexuality or not.
The New Testament doesn't mention it once. The old Jewish law part does ... a bit ... right around the part that says you can't eat Bacon and Lobster on a cheese melt.