2016 Republican National Convention

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Considering the alternative Trump isn't that bad.

Republicans are not the only ones in panic mode. Trump has upset the entire political/bureaucratic class.He reprsents the average citizen taking their government back from the rule makers.
Yep. Just an average guy.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Winston was wrong. You can have democracy without a party system. If all politicians were independent then it would be a lot harder for corporations to co opt them all. Nunavut has such a system. Everything is done by consensus. No one can dictate like a majority government can.

If you move there you can probably find another ex-tin"ct tribe to become an honorable member of .

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The head of the Cleveland police patrolmen's union is asking Ohio Gov. John Kasich to suspend the state's open carry laws in Cuyahoga County for the Republican National Convention in the wake of the deaths of three police officers in Louisiana, according to WJW-TV.

The station reported Sunday that union president Steve Loomis said he is working with an attorney to draft a request to be sent to Kasich for consideration. Reuters reported Loomis asked the governor to declare a state of emergency, which would allow Kasich to immediately suspend the law.

Ohio's open carry laws allow anyone without a felony record to carry guns in the state, including in downtown Cleveland, but not inside the U.S. Secret Service security zone around Quicken Loans Arena, where the RNC will be held Monday through Thursday.

"I don't care what the legal precedent is, I feel strongly that leadership needs to stand up and defend these police officers," Loomis, the head of the police union, told Reuters, on Sunday.

Loomis did not respond to several requests for comment. Kasich's spokeswoman, Emmalee Kalmbach, said the governor does not have the authority to suspend state and federal laws regarding open carry.

"Law enforcement is a noble, essential calling and we all grieve that we've again seen attacks on officers," Kalbach said in a statement. "Ohio governors do not have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or state laws as suggested. The bonds between our communities and police must be reset and rebuilt--as we're doing in Ohio--so our communities and officers can both be safe. Everyone has an important role to play in that renewal."

Brian Betley, who leads the Cleveland police union representing sergeants, lieutenants and captains, told cleveland.com he agrees with Loomis' request. Betley said he would contact the state's police officer's union to see what help they can offer.

"They would declare a state of emergency if something happened, but it's all too late at that point," Betley said. "Why not do it before something happens?"

video

Cleveland police union to ask governor to suspend open carry law for RNC | cleveland.com

Unreal

Time Out
Jul 17, 2016
Considering the alternative Trump isn't that bad.

Republicans are not the only ones in panic mode. Trump has upset the entire political/bureaucratic class.He reprsents the average citizen taking their government back from the rule makers.

The average citizen?

He's a billionaire and a celebrity, what's average about that?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The average citizen?

He's a billionaire and a celebrity, what's average about that?

He is also not a member of the ruling class. That is important if the taxpayers are ever to take real control of their government.Also why both parties fear him. Because in the end there is no real difference between the two and the bureaucrats mostly remain regardless of who is in power.

Unreal

Time Out
Jul 17, 2016
He is also not a member of the ruling class. That is important if the taxpayers are ever to take real control of their government.Also why both parties fear him. Because in the end there is no real difference between the two and the bureaucrats mostly remain regardless of who is in power.

He's not a member of the ruling class? He's given dough to politicians and has had them in his pocket. To think otherwise is foolish.

Plus, if the common man thinks making fun of the disabled, thinks Mexicans are rapists, thinks it's okay to say women who are asking tough questions are menstrating, thinks the Suadis should have nukes, thinks Paterno who hid a child molester got a raw deal, thinks all all Muslims are terrorists, thinks Putin is a good guy, thinks enciting violence unites us then I guess I'm not a regular citizen.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
He's not a member of the ruling class? He's given dough to politicians and has had them in his pocket. To think otherwise is foolish.

Plus, if the common man thinks making fun of the disabled, thinks Mexicans are rapists, thinks it's okay to say women who are asking tough questions are menstrating, thinks the Suadis should have nukes, thinks Paterno who hid a child molester got a raw deal, thinks all all Muslims are terrorists, thinks Putin is a good guy, thinks enciting violence unites us then I guess I'm not a regular citizen.
So lets keep giving more and more power and control to the bureaucrats .

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Playing Paul Ryan's "Find the Minority" Game Ahead of GOP Convention

This week will be the GOP’s “Week of Whiteness” Convention, which will feature white speaker after white speaker until the final day, where they will coronate white supremacist Donald Trump as their supreme leader. In preparation, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan did his part in posting a picture of Congressional interns: a sea of white teeth and white skin. Social media backlash was swift, but Ryan still doesn’t know what all the hubbub is about. Isn’t this how America should look?

Unreal

Time Out
Jul 17, 2016
So lets keep giving more and more power and control to the bureaucrats .

I didn't say that. Bernie and Johnson are other choices that don't act like a whiny little b.tch.

I would think that conservatives who want less government would vote for Johnson instead of trump who wants to make government bigger.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I didn't say that. Bernie and Johnson are other choices that don't act like a whiny little b.tch.

I would think that conservatives who want less government would vote for Johnson instead of trump who wants to make government bigger.
A show of less government and more corporate control of the government. AKA blowing smoke up the collective a$$

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Ah, I think I've detected the flaw in your reasoning.

You're assuming they're thinking.