Donald Trump says NAFTA 'destroyed' U.S. at rally near Canadian border

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Nazis invented trade blocks and embargos?

No they didn't, Rome did, of course they were earlier facist pigs as well. They picked it up from someplace gone.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I am not a trump supporter but he is right on trade deals like the ones TPP and even NAFTA
its time we produced our own resources and took control Canadianizing the natural products
we have and selling them for more.
Its time to cut corps off at the knees as it were I am an economic nationalist and Canadians
must come first. Say no to XL and make sure we control the flow of oil anywhere from our
country. We should be helping friendly nations not those who would attempt to do us harm

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
The one thing Trump is wrong on is free trade and NAFTA.

Both countries are trading countries and both have benefited enormously from these agreements (Mexico more than the other two).

I'm surprised Trump would take this position given that he builds and benefits from these agreements.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The one thing Trump is wrong on is free trade and NAFTA.

Both countries are trading countries and both have benefited enormously from these agreements (Mexico more than the other two).

I'm surprised Trump would take this position given that he builds and benefits from these agreements.
Including Mexico in keeps Mexicans working in Mexico rather than swimming the Rio.

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
I hope NAFTA gets killed soon..

Canadians First!!!!! :canada:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_MR7tL7tWs

NAFTA was design for the Rich Multinational companies and Rich CEO's - it's time the Middle Class took their country back. Make Canada Great Again!! :canada:

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
- it's time the Middle Class took their country back. Make Canada Great Again!! :canada:

Canada was great and getting greater before we got the Libs back in, now its debt, deficit, refugees galore, Mexicans starting to line up for free vacations and refugee claims, no jobs, lots of selfies, etc etc, it's all down hill now.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
If you think Trump has a legitimate plan for this then you will be disappointed.

Oh yes, I'm not going to hold my breath on this and hope Trump would do the right thing but, there is this which is positive. As much as Mexicans did not prosper from it, he was correct........

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Well Mexico was certainly a big winner with NAFTA - if you don't count the fact that they basically extort their own people with criminally low wages in manufacturing.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
i am not a trump supporter but he is right on trade deals like the ones tpp and even nafta
its time we produced our own resources and took control canadianizing the natural products
we have and selling them for more.
Its time to cut corps off at the knees as it were i am an economic nationalist and canadians
must come first. Say no to xl and make sure we control the flow of oil anywhere from our
country. We should be helping friendly nations not those who would attempt to do us harm

amen!

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well Mexico was certainly a big winner with NAFTA - if you don't count the fact that they basically extort their own people with criminally low wages in manufacturing.

When I say Mexico or Canada was a big loser I am always referring to the citizens. Mexicans standard of living has remained as stagnant as it was when NAFTA came into effect thanks to Bill Clinton committing to the Republican drive to open up 'free trade' with China....

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
When can we expect the return of Canadian made socks and underwear? Kitchen tables and chairs, small gas engines, advanced fighter jets? Hockey sticks? Food?

You will have to ask Chrysta about that......

We at the Council of Canadians have also been asking for full consultations, an independent analysis by the Parliamentary Budget Officer and also analysis that would include impacts on the environment and human rights. It is not enough to put up 6,000 pages of legal text or get department cheerleaders to brag about it. We need to have an impact analysis from independent sources so we can weigh the pros and cons of the agreement.

In the meantime, we will be consulting you. And we will let the government hear your opinion. With Open Media and other groups, we are participating in a creating a tool that will send your comments to the Parliamentary Committee on Trade and to your MP. We will also keep your comments online so that we also can keep track of your comments.

Use the tool to send your comments, register for the committee on trade’s process and talk to your local MP: many all over the world have questions about how the deal damages our public interest, the environment, health care and our democracy. We are more numerous, and we deserve a hearing.

Chrystia Freeland's 'Public' TPP Consultations Are Anything ButÂ*|Â*Sujata Dey

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
When can we expect the return of Canadian made socks and underwear? Kitchen tables and chairs, small gas engines, advanced fighter jets? Hockey sticks? Food?
We definitely want to make our own underwear, Canadians have Balls and we need the underwear to accommodate that.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You will have to ask Chrysta about that......

We at the Council of Canadians have also been asking for full consultations, an independent analysis by the Parliamentary Budget Officer and also analysis that would include impacts on the environment and human rights. It is not enough to put up 6,000 pages of legal text or get department cheerleaders to brag about it. We need to have an impact analysis from independent sources so we can weigh the pros and cons of the agreement.

In the meantime, we will be consulting you. And we will let the government hear your opinion. With Open Media and other groups, we are participating in a creating a tool that will send your comments to the Parliamentary Committee on Trade and to your MP. We will also keep your comments online so that we also can keep track of your comments.

Use the tool to send your comments, register for the committee on trade’s process and talk to your local MP: many all over the world have questions about how the deal damages our public interest, the environment, health care and our democracy. We are more numerous, and we deserve a hearing.

Chrystia Freeland's 'Public' TPP Consultations Are Anything ButÂ*|Â*Sujata Dey

It is very good to hear that the Council of Canadians is not extinct. A billion comments will do nothing to change the brave new world we are advancing into blindly. We were always told in school that humans were unique in haveing no natural predators. Another big lie from school days. By the time you get a hearing and publish we will be already dead for decades. The trade deals are more important than any social upheavel which can be sprayed down quite easily when the cash is gone and your plastic reports every beer purchase and bowel movement all subject to taxation, slavery is making a big comeback, organs will be cheaper than ever before, we will actually farm the donators, soon gone will be the days when you had to steal livers from Gazan children. agenda 21, one world, one size fits all except the administration and its priests.
Free cannabis, take the chains off that leafy gift from God. Just that one battle won would elevate mankind in a single decade. The world of mankind faces a very big problem, again, the enemy is ignorance and we become ignorant because of our education, feed, housing, consumables, habituated to chains. This more permaent power grab has to happen earliest century 21, the agenda is quite simple, eradicate them before they eradicate us. There's to many of us and we're fukking up thier air.

We definitely want to make our own underwear, Canadians have Balls and we need the underwear to accommodate that.

Not only that, but today I celebrated am celebrating Doff the Longjohns Day, so I've been prancing about in my briefs all day, I spent a good deal of tim,e out of doors today, I dried a load of clothes outside today, it's not over yet I can wonder arround the yard right now with a glass of wine and just a shirt and it's magnificent the southwest wind is warm. I can't wait till next year when it happens again.

How's grammy Maude these days?