Last survivor of Nazi death camp Treblinka dies in Israel

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
JERUSALEM – Samuel Willenberg, the last survivor of Treblinka, the Nazi death camp where 875,000 people were systematically murdered, has died in Israel at the age of 93.

Only 67 people are known to have survived the camp, fleeing in a revolt shortly before it was destroyed.

Advertisement

Treblinka holds a notorious place in history as perhaps the most vivid example of the “Final Solution,” the Nazi plan to exterminate Europe’s Jews. Unlike at other camps, where some Jews were assigned to forced labour before being killed, nearly all Jews brought to Treblinka were immediately gassed to death.

Last survivor of Nazi death camp Treblinka dies in Israel - National | Globalnews.ca

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Unfortunately, as the eye witnesses pass away, the Holocaust deniers continue to say "where's the proof?"

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
JERUSALEM – Samuel Willenberg, the last survivor of Treblinka, the Nazi death camp where 875,000 people were systematically murdered, has died in Israel at the age of 93.

Only 67 people are known to have survived the camp, fleeing in a revolt shortly before it was destroyed.

The Nazis and their collaborators killed about 6 million Jews during the Holocaust. The death toll at Treblinka was second only to Auschwitz – a prison camp where more than a million people died in gas chambers or from starvation, disease and forced labour.

Just those 2 camps alone, almost a 3rd of the estimated deaths. Very sad, and what makes it sadder, is the fact we don't seem to have really learned from it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
There's some paper work missing here, I need some charts , last is reputed to be way out there,

I remember Trelblinka, the booze the swimming poools the women

and here we have the beginning. Making light of one of the most horrific death camps that the Nazi's were responsible for.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The story from the 'Black Plague' is that even if you told the ones picking up the corpses that you weren't dead they would just look at you and laugh as they tossed you onto the honey wagon. Then they would laugh louder and call you a liar, clear case of insult to injury it was.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The story from the 'Black Plague' is that even if you told the ones picking up the corpses that you weren't dead they would just look at you and laugh as they tossed you onto the honey wagon. Then they would laugh louder and call you a liar, clear case of insult to injury it was.

and that has what to do with the passing of one of the few survivors of one of THE worst Nazi death camps.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
As much as I dislike whats his name I'll have to agree there has always been a sort of tradition in these parts anyway that when anyone passes into the next journey there should be some sense of respect and reverence to the situation. The slaughter of six millions souls is cause to remember in silence and respect. for me anyway. Best wishes as the man becomes one with the stars.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Ignorance knows no bounds it seems. There is all kinds of banter about the final
solution. The fact is it happened like it or not. My father was a veteran of WWII and
he told me about a visit to one of those camps, I was much younger then and I do
not remember which one it is my fault for not paying attention. There is one thing
though, he was a man of honor and if he said it happened who am I to say other
wise he was there not me.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
One very unlikely witness from Canada was Rene Levesque. He was what we would now call an "embedded" journalist, 2nd. Lt., with the US Army when they liberated Buchenwald and Dachau. He saw and wrote about those camps when the gates first opened. Anyway, however you feel about Rene Levesque and his policies, there is zero chance that he would have bought into a grand conspiracy about an invented holocaust.

Last edited: