Troubling signal for Ontario Liberals: Editorial

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Troubling signal for Ontario Liberals: Editorial | Toronto Star

Despite pulling out all the stops to wrest the seat from the Progressive Conservatives, the Liberals had the worst showing in their 13-year tenure. Wynne brought in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau two days before the vote to boost Liberal support. Her government released a large swath of land, set aside 44 years ago for a new airport in Pickering, to developers for a “sustainable community” creating an estimated 35,000 jobs in the region. She deployed negative advertising, accusing the Conservatives of plotting to bring back coal, the dirtiest source of energy. She invested a huge amount of time and effort in the riding.

lulz, it's like a trifecta of pedigree failures.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
They also spammed the f*ck out of Facebook. It's funny too, you could smell the desperation. I had one post show up on my FB page from the NDP and none from the PCs. But the LPO? Every goddam day from the time the by-election was called until it ended, their idiotic post would show up on my FB page.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Troubling signal for Ontario Liberals: Editorial | Toronto Star

Despite pulling out all the stops to wrest the seat from the Progressive Conservatives, the Liberals had the worst showing in their 13-year tenure. Wynne brought in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau two days before the vote to boost Liberal support. Her government released a large swath of land, set aside 44 years ago for a new airport in Pickering, to developers for a “sustainable community” creating an estimated 35,000 jobs in the region. She deployed negative advertising, accusing the Conservatives of plotting to bring back coal, the dirtiest source of energy. She invested a huge amount of time and effort in the riding.

lulz, it's like a trifecta of pedigree failures.

Being on the outside look in, I can't truly judge if it was Trudeau submarining Mr Wynne or if it was Wynne trying to knock Justine down a few pegs.

No doubt, this will be a topic of discussion for Flossy for years to come

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Being on the outside look in, I can't truly judge if it was Trudeau submarining Mr Wynne or if it was Wynne trying to knock Justine down a few pegs.
Two anchors meeting over an abyss.

No doubt, this will be a topic of discussion for Flossy for years to come
His girlfriend Avro must be beside himself with disappointment, as is Flossy. He's acting out behind the scenes.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe we should start hanging efigees from lamp posts as "troubling signs" for Liberals.

I think that Ontario was ready for a change the last election until the Conservative leader opened his yap and lost the election in 1 minute, 30 seconds with his "Million Gazillion Jobs" boast. Ontarians would prefer, for sure, a boring but capable government of competent bean counters. These are the same voters who put the Federal Conservatives into power. Whacko, out there claims along with the faint smell of extremist Libertairian drove the fed-up Ontario voters back into the arms of a worn out Liberal government.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
They also spammed the f*ck out of Facebook. It's funny too, you could smell the desperation. I had one post show up on my FB page from the NDP and none from the PCs. But the LPO? Every goddam day from the time the by-election was called until it ended, their idiotic post would show up on my FB page.

It's likely that the strategy to bombard riding members on FB was a calculated risk. Manipulating social media is still a new field.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Not a big deal really this is the by election process. People go to the polls
and vote against the government as a message. In the general election
they vote back in the old voting pattern. I would vote for rin tin tin before I
would vote Tory

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
would vote Tory
We already knew that. That's why we laugh at you when you talk about how objective you are.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's likely that the strategy to bombard riding members on FB was a calculated risk. Manipulating social media is still a new field.
A) I don't live in that riding though. Hell I don't even live in Whitby. and B) There's a difference between getting your message out and spamming the hell out of people.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am sad there will be no airport in Pickering. Having to drive all the way across the frikin city to go to that overpriced airport-mecca in the west is annoying.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I am sad there will be no airport in Pickering. Having to drive all the way across the frikin city to go to that overpriced airport-mecca in the west is annoying.
I wonder what happens to the folks who lost their land but got to stay in their homes rent free all these years are going to do now.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
would vote Tory

With due respect, if you voted Liberal you DID vote for Rin Tin Tin!

The people elected Wynne with a majority knowing full well the Liberals had been screwing them for years! In doing so they jumped to their doom like a herd of lemmings.
If there were any justice Wynne and McGoofy before her would be behind bars or hanging from a tall oak tree for what they have done to Ontario.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
A) I don't live in that riding though. Hell I don't even live in Whitby. and B) There's a difference between getting your message out and spamming the hell out of people.

Since using social media is not an exact science, they were bound to send msgs to people that weren't in the riding. Think of it this way. You got to watch. :)