Ontario getting new rules for used cars

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You still employed?? If not send me a PM I'll help you get back to work starting around the 15th.

Truck driving job.

Yes I am employed. Work has been spotty, but I'm on a guaranteed retainer, have been since Nov 31st. I can't complain about that and wouldn't find a company in Ontario that could match what they are paying me to sit. Next week I'm heading north to do the Ice Roads.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Politicians should have taken a page out of the Norwegian Gov't's handbook.. they saved their oil profits, started a hydrogen highway, banned gasoline cars, and so on.

Above hydrogen fuel stations across Europe and the USA.. Canada sadly has a total of 8 hydrogen fuel stops.

I stated it before and purchased stock in hydrogen car and tech companies. It's the way off the future, hydrogen cars have the distance and power of conventional cars.

I know many are afraid of change, moving forward.. but change is already here and in 10 years gasoline cars will be antiques.]

I worry a bit about hydrogen as fuel. Its exhaust is water ... and Ontario does a shytty job of dealing with accumulated H2O of the frozen variety....

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yes I am employed. Work has been spotty, but I'm on a guaranteed retainer, have been since Nov 31st. I can't complain about that and wouldn't find a company in Ontario that could match what they are paying me to sit. Next week I'm heading north to do the Ice Roads.

LOL yeah, the saying where I worked was; "There is no job out there that pays me more to sit and do nothing."

Roll up on a place and get paid to sit for 3 to 5 hrs in the truck and play on the Internet waiting to be unloaded, or loaded..

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You don't have to pay a Ontario sales tax transferring a car you already own.. I just did it with an Alberta car to Ontario..

Did my Drive Clean Test Safety and transferred the car all less than $250.
YOU may know that.... Some folk don't - and Service Ontario is a contracted company who'll take bureaucracy to extremes in the name of profit. Service? That's what the bull does to the cow

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I'm being paid to sit at home, so that's not so bad. I don't have to draw E.I. which is a pittance and I'm still making what I made doing long haul in Ontario. After the ice road I'll have a bit of a bank roll and may rethink my career options. I'm thinking plumber. My son is a second year apprentice and he's making the same money as I am.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I'm being paid to sit at home, so that's not so bad. I don't have to draw E.I. which is a pittance and I'm still making what I made doing long haul in Ontario. After the ice road I'll have a bit of a bank roll and may rethink my career options. I'm thinking plumber. My son is a second year apprentice and he's making the same money as I am.

Well the job I was going to give you a lead to would average $80,000 a year. At home every night, 5 day weeks, full benefits and discount on goods purchased. If you ever change you mind.

Based out of Calgary, it's just a job.. nothing more.

p.s. day cab, no touch freight - but sounds like you have a sweet deal.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Well the job I was going to give you a lead to would average $80,000 a year. At home every night, 5 day weeks, full benefits and discount on goods purchased. If you ever change you mind.

Thanks, Boom, but I'm doing fine. I'm getting sort of worn out on trucking. Time to try something new.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Their service involves a strapon.

You ain't lying..

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Politicians should have taken a page out of the Norwegian Gov't's handbook.. they saved their oil profits, started a hydrogen highway, banned gasoline cars, and so on.

Canada sadly has a total of 8 hydrogen fuel stops.

I stated it before and purchased stock in hydrogen car and tech companies. It's the way off the future, hydrogen cars have the distance and power of conventional cars.

I know many are afraid of change, moving forward.. but change is already here and in 10 years gasoline cars will be antiques.

We have to realize that we are not Norway, we do not have either the culture or geography. Unfortunately gasoline is portable energy and can be transported and delivered to or by anyone with a container. Consider the challenges with propane vehicles and travelling in sparsely populated areas, anywhere more than 200 miles north of the US border. At least you can carry spare tanks, but I f you come across some poor soul whose run out, its not like you can loan him a bit of your reserves.

I'm not saying its a bad idea, just not practical for much more than commercial and urban applications in this country.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
That's what happens when your pedigree doesn't include good analytical, negotiating and mechanical skills.

Some of us know how make cars pay for themselves.

Sucks to be you and need the govt to hold your hand for something as simple as getting your moneys worth out of a vehicle purchase.

This is probably the dumbest thing you've ever posted on this forum.

Basically amounts to 'you're an idiot if you're not a mechanic'.

And you would actually think the 0 freedom lost to those who hold those virtues is worth punishing good, well meaning individuals by putting their lives at risk for it.

Cuz SJWs and political correctness lol

This is why no one will miss curmudgeons.

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

And you would actually think the 0 freedom lost to those who hold those virtues is worth punishing good, well meaning individuals by putting their lives at risk for it.

You are like Lord Haw Haw.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

No, you're an idiot if you buy a used a vehicle and don't, at least, have a competent mechanic take a look at it. This is common sense.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

You realize that with every day that passes you're getting closer to being a "Curmudgeon" yourself
As you will be in the view of the generation behind you....
You ain't so smart after all kid.....