In his Christmas letter Trudeau portrays Muslims as victims of hate crimes

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Ummm, read this again, and get back to me...

I read it. Difference is, I can see more than just "fluff". That's ok though. You knew that from my original answer, and instead, decided to give a brainless non reply. You've been sparring with mentalmidget far too long.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I read it. Difference is, I can see more than just "fluff". That's ok though. You knew that from my original answer, and instead, decided to give a brainless non reply. You've been sparring with mentalmidget far too long.
You might buy what he's selling, but so far, it's all fluff, talk and failure.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You might buy what he's selling, but so far, it's all fluff, talk and failure.

As Paradox has already pointed out, the only "failure" so far has been the "failure" to bring 25k Syrian refugees over by the 31st. Something Trudeau's opponents should be happy about rather than whining about. Other than that, what other "failures" have there been? Let's keep in mind that the House has only sat for about a week since the election.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That is all? Environauts have been heavily lied too. A shift from 2.0C target to 1.5C isn't harsher regulations at all.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I
How long was Trudeau an MP before he was "promoted"?

Five years. 2008 to 2013. With no prior political experience and fairly young (little 'life' experience). I'm fairly indifferent to the name, so any uncertainty I have with him or with the party doesn't stem from 'sins of the father' or whatever you want to call it. Had he always been politically active, maybe I'd have a different opinion but from everything I understand he was not. Too inexperienced to be PM after 5 years in politics.

When the PROGRESIVE Conservative party was decimated, they died. Period. An upstart, backwoods, "reform" party reinvented itself to fill the void left by the PC's. Harper made sure that there were no vestiges of the old PC party left. The Progressive Conservative Party didn't do any "reinventing", they didn't "clean house". They, basically, disappeared.

The Liberal Party has never been down like the PC's ended up.
Fair enough, the Liberals were never in as bad a position as the PCs. But they were pretty low, the voting public did not think too highly of them after the Sponsorship scandal. In my opinion it would have done far more to restore faith in them had they acknowledged this and worked at demonstrating how they were working to overcome the taint of corruption. Instead they focused on grooming Justin, sticking Ignatief in there in the interim ( I do not believe the party ever had true faith in him as a leader, they just needed someone to fill the gap. Rae did it initially if I recall correctly).

I don't have a crystal ball, Justin may eventually prove to be beneficial for the nation. However, given what I see as how it all started, I have my doubts. The Liberal party did not strike me as trying to improve themselves after failing, instead they were looking for a way back in. I'd have rather they earned their way back in.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
He really isn't ready.
No, he most certainly wasn't.

JT "We'll import 25,000 refugees"

People in the business "No you won't"

JT "Just watch me"

People in the business "lol, OK"

JT... fail.

JT "I'm a feminist"

JT at the segragated Mosque "I'm one with you Muslim dudes"

JT... fail

JT "We're going to negotiate with first nation, nation to nation"

Press "Will you be scrapping the Indian Act that makes first nations a ward of the state and completely voiding any real one on one level of discussion?"

JT "mumble mumble"

JT... fail

JT "I'm going to change the electoral system"

Press "Will you put that to a referendum?"

JT "Baffle gab and BS"

JT... fail

"Real Change and Sunny ways" be upon you.

As Paradox has already pointed out, the only "failure" so far has been the "failure" to bring 25k Syrian refugees over by the 31st. Something Trudeau's opponents should be happy about rather than whining about. Other than that, what other "failures" have there been? Let's keep in mind that the House has only sat for about a week since the election.
Middle class.

He's one with me you know.

Nice tax cut. I'm waiting for the green taxes and GST to eat it up and than some.

I'm bookmarking this post, so I can say I told you so.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm bookmarking this post, so I can say I told you so.

Did you bookmark my posts when I predicted that JT would become Liberal leader back in 2008? Did you book mark my posts when I predicted he would win the lection? Did you bookmark my posts when I predicted he would be PM for at least 2 terms? So far, I think my "predictions" are holding up a bit better than those that have opposed JT and have continued to refer to him as "fluff".

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Five years. 2008 to 2013. With no prior political experience and fairly young (little 'life' experience). I'm fairly indifferent to the name, so any uncertainty I have with him or with the party doesn't stem from 'sins of the father' or whatever you want to call it. Had he always been politically active, maybe I'd have a different opinion but from everything I understand he was not. Too inexperienced to be PM after 5 years in politics.

Actually, he has been actively involved with the Liberal Party since "Uncle" John Turner back in '88.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Did you bookmark my posts when I predicted that JT would become Liberal leader back in 2008? Did you book mark my posts when I predicted he would win the lection? Did you bookmark my posts when I predicted he would be PM for at least 2 terms? So far, I think my "predictions" are holding up a bit better than those that have opposed JT and have continued to refer to him as "fluff".
I don't think I bet against you. Nor would I bet against a second term. The cult is strong. The fluff still sweet in the mouths of the uneducated and easily swayed.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Trudeau has found a way to get EVERYONE involved in the electoral process. Whereas previous politicians have only been able to motivate those with some political savvy, JT has been able to motivate even those with no political savvy to cast their vote. He has been able to get more involvement in the electoral process. This has pissed off the "savvy" ones who, up to now, have felt a superiority BECAUSE they would "get out and vote".

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Trudeau has found a way to get EVERYONE involved in the electoral process. Whereas previous politicians have only been able to motivate those with some political savvy, JT has been able to motivate even those with no political savvy to cast their vote. He has been able to get more involvement in the electoral process. This has pissed off the "savvy" ones who, up to now, have felt a superiority BECAUSE they would "get out and vote".
I'm so glad you agree that he won because of a cult of personality.

Poor first time voters have been baptized in lies from their Messiah.
"Real Change and Sunny Ways" be upon you.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm so glad you agree that he won because of a cult of personality.

He "won" because he, and his team, were smarter than the opposition. He, and his team, were able to do what no one else was able to do. That, in itself, shows the ability he has as a leader, and as someone that can put together a team to achieve the goals and vision that was set out.