Shepherd's Pie

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Shepherd's pie (or cottage pie, call it what you will) is a good old classic British dish perfect for these freezing cold winter's evenings.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
One of the many dishes I have always detested. Haggis is up there with cabbage rolls
and a list of other stuff

oh and sauerkraut the worst but Shepard's pie is with them

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Ahh! So!

Chinese, tonight!
mmmm I love meow mein. It is better than eating a pie with sheep herder in it any day.

Difference between city zoos and country zoos is that city zoos have plaques describing habitats and biological information and the like. Country zoos have plaques with the same info but also include recipes. :D

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I wish the people here who'd mentioned some tasty kibbles would supply the recipes for those.

hint hint.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I wish the people here who'd mentioned some tasty kibbles would supply the recipes for those.

hint hint.
Tamale pie is simply like a big pot pie, but with shredded beef with green chili's , and the jalepeno chili's if you like it hot, with corn, and your style of salsa mixed in and on top with shredded cheese. Pretty simple.

Tamale pie is simply like a big pot pie, but with shredded beef with green chili's , and the jalepeno chili's if you like it hot, with corn, and your style of salsa mixed in and on top with shredded cheese. Pretty simple.
I usually would cook a good roast all day in a crock pot.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

hint hint.

Should we start with preparing the shepherd?

First, I recommend that you bag your shepherd while he (or she ... nice, juicy meat on a shepherdess!) is asleep so that the meat will be tender. Sneak up behind them and slip the bag over their head quickly followed by a sharp blow to the head with a medium weight ballpene hammer. A carpenter's claw hammer will work in a pinch.

The next step is to carefully separate the panpipes from the shepherd. Discard the panpipes. They will stick in your craw. Next, draw and clean the shepherd. CAREFUL! DON'T NICK THE GALL BLADDER! Place the guts and entrails in a shallow grave down in the cellar, beside the others.

Next, hang the shepherd in the garage for at least a week (in cool weather, preferably). It is recommended that you hide the shepherd well at this time, or you will have to fill up the cellar to the brim, again. (Perhaps some of you might like to share your recipies for milkman, paper boy and Avon lady?)

It is recommended that you carve the meat away from the shepherd and cube it before you put it in the pie. I left the face on, once and had it staring out of the top of the pie but alas, my dinner guests are not sophisticated gastronomes so, off to the cellar with them, too.

Carefully fill your well rolled and lardy pie shell. Add roots, shoots and tatties to suit your tastes.

Shepherds Pie in an uncommonly exotic feast and I recommend that it be served with fava beans on the side. It is deserving of a really good Chianti, as well.

Bon Apetite!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Mexican Lasagna or Enchilada casarole as my mom called it was just a layering of corn tortillas half cooked in oil, chili meat or ground beef seasoned with peppers and hot sauce ,,,black olives , chopped onions and cheese, another layer of corn tortillas , meat mix and cheese, and then topped with a final layer of corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, black olives,,chopped onions and cheese, and baked in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes. I call it Mexican lasagna. It ain't bad.