Turkey and Russia could easily take the world to the brink of WWIII

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
ISIS Was actually an Egyptian.

Of course, I do know this.

Isis was the first daughter of Geb, god of the Earth, and Nut, goddess of the Sky, and she was born on the fourth intercalary day. She married her brother, Osiris, and she conceived Horus with him. Isis was instrumental in the resurrection of Osiris when he was murdered by Set.

Isis was worshipped as the ideal mother and wife as well as the patroness of nature and magic. She was the friend of slaves, sinners, artisans and the downtrodden, but she also listened to the prayers of the wealthy, maidens, aristocrats and rulers.

She's still worshipped to this day by pagans.

As for the terrorist group known as ISIS, there are a number of their sympathisers on here right now.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Oh dear. Using American slang now?

Whatever would Her Maj think?

"Pwn" isn't American slang. It's international slang which originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said so-and-so "has been pwned."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"Pwn" isn't American slang. It's international slang which originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said so-and-so "has been pwned."
And where was this map designer working, Captain Pugwash?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
He didn't say Turkey beat the Allies. He said Turkey beat the Brits. And they did, on several occasions.

Um yeah...and Suzuki didn't say oil production is slavery. I guess we can look at each battle on its own but I'm sure being bested by a weather balloon would be tough for Americans to swallow

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Um yeah...and Suzuki didn't say oil production is slavery. I guess we can look at each battle on its own but I'm sure being bested by a weather balloon would be tough for Americans to swallow
Whatever you're talking about.

EagleSmack's problem with Captain Pugwash is specifically about Pugwash's continual assertions that everything good that ever happened in history was because the British, and the British alone, made it happen.

This is probably not an argument you want to get into. I know you'll never support Eagle, but signing onto Captain Pugwash's merry crew probably ain't your best move.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I'd say that Britain would have more chance of defeating the Russians than America has, considering that America got roundly defeated by a bunch of pyjama-wearing, bamboo-wielding peasant farmers in South East Asia. The British are a warrior race.

You have no chance and the Russians have been punking the Brits up and down the English Channel.

And puh-leeze... our farmers whipped the tails of the Brits twice.

However, I don't know why you are talking about fighting Russia for. I'm on Russia's side as it fights ISIS and I'm wanting the West to form a coalition WITH Russia to fight ISIS, which is what the French are seeking.

Of course you are. The abused child always tends to favor the abuser. *snicker*

My opinion of Eaglesmack is a irrelevant. Only a complete buffoon would think Turkey beat the Allies in WWI. Considering Blackie is the silliest twit on the forum, it's especially humiliating to be bested by him. I think ES might have the dubious dinstinction of being the only one.

Rent Free!

EagleSmack's problem with Captain Pugwash is specifically about Pugwash's continual assertions that everything good that ever happened in history was because the British, and the British alone, made it happen.

This is probably not an argument you want to get into. I know you'll never support Eagle, but signing onto Captain Pugwash's merry crew probably ain't your best move.

Don't bother with Cannuck. He's still smarting over the pile drive I bestowed upon him from awhile back in one of BL's foolish threads. He has yet to get over it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You have no chance and the Russians have been punking the Brits up and down the English Channel.

And now we should be building a coalition with the Russians in the war against ISIS, not fighting them.

You Americans need to remember that the Cold War and the USSR ended 25 years ago.

ISIS and the Islamists are our enemies now. Not the Russians.

And puh-leeze... our farmers whipped the tails of the Brits twice.

With French help - and even then you still lost most of the battles. You only got your independence because we didn't consider you a valuable colony.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Don't bother with Cannuck. He's still smarting over the pile drive I bestowed upon him from awhile back in one of BL's foolish threads. He has yet to get over it.
Was just thinking the same thing. You know I get along with Cannuck better'n you do. I should just leave it at that and not get between you two when you're going at it.

Think by now I'd have grown some sense.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
basically what the terrorists want , is to have Russia and Turkey and whatever other countries start to fight among themselves in order to further their cause.

Conning and manipulating the world powers to have a full out religious world war is basically their goal.

Who would think in the year 2015 humans would still be so damn stupid

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And now we should be building a coalition with the Russians in the war against ISIS, not fighting them.

You Americans need to remember that the Cold War and the USSR ended 25 years ago.

ISIS and the Islamists are our enemies now. Not the Russians.

The Russians still have your small brown water navy running up and down the channel don't they? *snicker*

British Air Force Launches Search Amid Reports of Russian Submarine Off Scottish Coast

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/...sian-submarine-off-scottish-coast/550497.html

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Was just thinking the same thing. You know I get along with Cannuck better'n you do. I should just leave it at that and not get between you two when you're going at it.

Think by now I'd have grown some sense.

No worries. He's harmless.

Who would have thought a BL thread about who is and who isn't a cowboy would have ruined Cannuck's fragile mind. His wounds still have not healed.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Russians still have your small brown water navy running up and down the channel don't they? *snicker*

British Air Force Launches Search Amid Reports of Russian Submarine Off Scottish Coast

British Air Force Launches Search Amid Reports of Russian Submarine Off Scottish Coast | News | The Moscow Times

It's a Blue Water navy.

Also, a lot of these silly stories of Russian ships off the British coast are just scaremongering nonsense, and is usually just Russian ships sailing by Britain.

The English Channel is the busiest shipping lane in the world, and all sorts of international warships pass through it probably daily.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

You don't have explain Blackie's silliness to me. It's well documented. Laughing at Eagle's idiocy is not meant as support for Blackie. I can laugh at both. In this particular case though, Eagle has garnered himself a dubious distinction