Turkey and Russia could easily take the world to the brink of WWIII

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If the jet was only in Turkish air space for a matter of seconds then it was in Turkish air space. Russia should apologize, lick its wounds and carry on. Seems to me, only hours ago you were saying the jet did not enter Turkish air space. Looks like we have another item for the long list of things you've been wrong about.
'If' is the key word, do you have some proof? Beside that the pilot was shot while in still in his parachute. That might be fine with you I don't think ISIS is going to be very thrilled about the blow-back and that would include their handlers.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The chances are, we'll find out soon enough

What we have here is a Russian jet, which was fighting ISIS, shot down by an Islamist-run dictatorship which is supporting ISIS, and it was shot down by a US-built weapon.

It just just doesn't look good at all. I'm with the Russians on this one.

Since you are completely defenseless to Russian Military power (as pathetic as it is) I can see why you would side with the person most likely to kick your azz. It is the Russian AF and Russian Navy that has been sending your few planes and fewer ships scrambling time after time.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Since you are completely defenseless to Russian Military power (as pathetic as it is) I can see why you would side with the person most likely to kick your azz. It is the Russian AF and Russian Navy that has been sending your few planes and fewer ships scrambling time after time.

I'd say that Britain would have more chance of defeating the Russians than America has, considering that America got roundly defeated by a bunch of pyjama-wearing, bamboo-wielding peasant farmers in South East Asia. The British are a warrior race.

However, I don't know why you are talking about fighting Russia for. I'm on Russia's side as it fights ISIS and I'm wanting the West to form a coalition WITH Russia to fight ISIS, which is what the French are seeking.

You Americans really need to get over your with fixation with Russia. The Cold War's been over for 25 years and the West now has a new threat by the name of Islamism. The West and Russia need to team up to fight it.

Turkey needs to be kicked out of Nato. We can't be having an Islamist-run dictatorship trying to scupper our fight against ISIS within Nato.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Are you kidding? I know you don't like EagleSmack much..:.

My opinion of Eaglesmack is a irrelevant. Only a complete buffoon would think Turkey beat the Allies in WWI. Considering Blackie is the silliest twit on the forum, it's especially humiliating to be bested by him. I think ES might have the dubious dinstinction of being the only one.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You're wrong and so are the Turks.

In the highly unlikely event that I'm wrong, then in the thread where you posted the plane entered Turkish air space for a few seconds, you would be wrong. That's the beauty about your silliness. When you make two contradictory statements, you can't help but be wrong.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
He didn't say Turkey beat the Allies. He said Turkey beat the Brits. And they did, on several occasions.

Actually, during WWI the British Empire defeated the Ottoman Empire, occupied Constantinople and saw to the empire's destruction. We then occupied large swathes of the former Ottoman Empire, which allowed us to found states like Israel and Jordan on its remnants.