Deflate Gate

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm pretty sure you heard wrong.

It was a facebook post from "Sunday Night Football on NBC". Given the amount of a-s-s kissing that team does to the Patriots I would be surprised if they were incorrect. Can't link directly to it at work as it is blocked. Saw it on my phone and just confirmed I read it correctly.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It was a facebook post from "Sunday Night Football on NBC". Given the amount of a-s-s kissing that team does to the Patriots I would be surprised if they were incorrect. Can't link directly to it at work as it is blocked. Saw it on my phone and just confirmed I read it correctly.

A post on Facebook! Oh well where do I donate as it must be true!

Dude... seriously?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Again, it was the facebook page of the SNF people. Not an individual person.

But I googled it and found a different source.

Deflategate: US football fans try to crowdfund New England Patriots' $1m fine

So there you go. Feel free to make your wallet lighter.

Nah... I think I'll pass on that.

Speaking of a pass...

Last edited:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
He's guilty as sin.. but with the economic juggernaut of the NFL, you just know that nothing is going to wash that tips the money ship.

Brady will have retired before the appeal process works its way through the courts.. then they'll back the NFL suspension. Some justice.

I can't believe this fluff begins the network news programs.. even in supposed symbolic terms.. it is so utterly trivial given the other problems of the world.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Still a liar, cheater and a crybaby.

Just means the NFL doesn't have grounds to suspend anybody for cheating ever. Should be an interesting year.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The NFL's investigation didn't even rise to the level of a bad joke. Brady was right to fight it through.

The NFL in most matters is a joke. What institution has the same person hear an appeal of the original sentence? And the whole idea of letting the home team provide the balls in the first place is laughable. They are every bit to blame as the cheater that got caught by it.

It still doesn't change that Tom Brady* is a liar and a cheat. If he actually was innocent, he wouldn't have destroyed a cellphone, etc.

But if I was a player or a coach right now, I would have no hesitation of cheating as much as you can get away with. Because the NFL has lost the ability to enforce any type of discipline. If I was Sean Payton now, I would be kicking myself for not having taken the NFL to court when I was suspended.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The NFL in most matters is a joke. What institution has the same person hear an appeal of the original sentence?
Most management structures.

And the whole idea of letting the home team provide the balls in the first place is laughable. They are every bit to blame as the cheater that got caught by it.
The home team doesn't provide the balls. Each team provides its own balls. Why don't you learn what you're talking about before you pop off?

It still doesn't change that Tom Brady* is a liar and a cheat. If he actually was innocent, he wouldn't have destroyed a cellphone, etc.

But if I was a player or a coach right now, I would have no hesitation of cheating as much as you can get away with. Because the NFL has lost the ability to enforce any type of discipline. If I was Sean Payton now, I would be kicking myself for not having taken the NFL to court when I was suspended.
If you were a player right now, you'd be dead pretty damn quick.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Brady is not vindicated. He's not innocent. He's not exonerated.
His suspension was overturned because of a technicality; a judge ignored the CBA that Brady, the Patriots and every other NFL (except Pittsburgh who were jerked at the Roethlisberger suspension for accusations of conduct that never resulted in charges, and the never ending James Harrison fines) and placed expectations on the NFL that are not in place in even the criminal legal system. Further this ruling undermines most if not all CBAs across a multitude of industries in the US. Patriot fans may be happy but that's about all that can be said... but in modern day 'Murica, the good of a city's NFL team seems to be all that matters...

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Freedom!

So INNOCENT!

I hate to disagree, but of many things that Tom Brady is, innocent of the matter is not one of them. Sure, he may have had the suspension taken away (however, it sounds like the NFL is going to appeal it), but he knew what was going on. It's not like the Patriots have never been caught cheating after all.

That being said, I think the Patriots would have won that game regardless of the PSI of the football. They actually scored more points when the footballs were at the proper pressure.

The main reason I would want him to get a suspension (I would be fine with even a single game) is just to wipe that smug look off his face. I also don't understand why they feel the need to cheat at all? Tom Brady is an excellent quarterback who didn't need to cheat to win, but the fact that he DID cheat (as one of the ones guilty of it) makes me root against that team. I'll be honest and say that I don't follow football religiously (I'm basically a hockey and baseball fan), but I do know that there is a team that I will root against. Of course, that will probably just feed them all the more.

I will also say that this whole thing went on way too long. It should have been resolved a long time ago.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The main reason I would want him to get a suspension (I would be fine with even a single game) is just to wipe that smug look off his face.

Which is pretty much the reason why this got so far... it's Tom Brady.

I also don't understand why they feel the need to cheat at all? Tom Brady is an excellent quarterback who didn't need to cheat to win, but the fact that he DID cheat (as one of the ones guilty of it) makes me root against that team.

It was an accusation of cheating from sore losers. Front office guys who are sick of getting their butts kicked by the Pats.

All this for a report that said "maybe", "probably", and "more likely than not" that he cheated but with no proof. Whereas the Vikings and Panthers are caught on TV heating the balls on the sideline and they get a letter?

Nah... it was Brady and he is the QB for one team that makes many other teams salty.