Pancakes for breakfast....or whatever

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I make a batch of breakfast muffins and put them in a large tupperware type container in the fridge - this way in case I get the munchies, I have a good supply of them to snack on -- of course, there's always plenty of ice cream in the freezer but that's another story :)

Do you have a secret for doing that stuff and keeping your weight down? I'd love to know it.

I can't eat pancakes without pouring on a half gallon of maple syrup so I try to stay away from it all.

Yeah, calories are bad enough- sugar laden calories are a hundred times worse!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I used to have that problem until I learned to add syrup into the mix - gives it great flavor
I need more than the flavor, I need a pound of melted butter and syrup dripping off my fork and chin for a binge eating frenzy. For that reason I stay away from it.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
JLM; said:
Do you have a secret for doing that stuff and keeping your weight down? I'd love to know it.

Easy - I NEVER eat wheat. Been gluten free for three years and never re-gained the 40 pounds I lost when starting that diet.

40 lbs may not sound like much for most people but for a smallish guy like me that's a lot of weight.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Easy - I NEVER eat wheat. Been gluten free for three years and never re-gained the 40 pounds I lost when starting that diet.

40 lbs may not sound like much for most people but for a smallish guy like me that's a lot of weight.

Do you eat other grains? Which ones?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I can't eat pancakes without pouring on a half gallon of maple syrup so I try to stay away from it all.

me too, but I don't stay away. I also like for the butter to be super cold so it doesn't melt so fast. I love lots of butter and maple syrup. The pancakes are simply the delivery system. lol

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pancakes/crepes rolled up with cottage cheese and cherry jam can't be beat.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Do you eat other grains? Which ones?

rice, corn, potato, and coco flour = all make for some tasty pancakes :)

had myself three pancakes this morning and my tummy felt real good thereafter

I'm glad you think so. Nalysnyky is like having pie for brekkie. You don't need pie for brekkie.

Fie - humbug!

Many moons ago I made a post on this forum about American philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson, to wit:

He courted the lovely Lidian Jackson who, despite her very wholesome character, decided to play coquette. Because of that Emerson mistakenly thought she rejected his proposal. And so he sent her a letter bidding her good bye and best wishes. When she got the letter she immediately sent him a note explaining that she made herself misunderstood and apologized for giving the wrong impression - that, on the contrary, she was very flattered by his attention and would happily accept his proposal.

Lidian was a giver - a dutiful wife who lived for her husband's happiness. As many Yankee wives did during that era, she referred to her husband as Mr Emerson and made sure that he always had strong coffee and pie for brekkie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidian_Jackson_Emerson#/media/File:Lidian2_by_Kristi_Martin.jpg

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I decided to a full breakfast or more correctly, brunch:

2 eggs over/easy (brown eggs, not white)

slice of onion

2 slices bacon

1 small country sausage

scoop of creamed herring

taters

whole grain rice bread

tomato

all pan fried together = very filling & tasty

Too bad we don't have blood sausage in St Paul. There is a specialty shop in Minneapolis that sells it but it's too far and not worth the cost or effort to get there.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I decided to a full breakfast or more correctly, brunch:

2 eggs over/easy (brown eggs, not white)

slice of onion

2 slices bacon

1 small country sausage

scoop of creamed herring

taters

whole grain rice bread

tomato

all pan fried together = very filling & tasty

Too bad we don't have blood sausage in St Paul. There is a specialty shop in Minneapolis that sells it but it's too far and not worth the cost or effort to get there.
best go have an ekg after that

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
rice, corn, potato, and coco flour = all make for some tasty pancakes :)

Buckwheat pancakes. I love buckwheat pancakes but it's getting hard to find it these days. We also like making crepes and using them to make breakfast wraps. Bacon or sausage with scrambled eggs and a light drizzle of maple syrup wrapped up in a crepe. Well, they're not really crepes. They're somewhere between a crepe and a pancake. Thin enough to roll up but thick enough to fill with actual food and still maintain its integrity.

Last edited: