told ya, can't even manage a circle jerk.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
How does the CBC know the families are struggling? Is it only families that were affected?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
How does the CBC know the families are struggling? Is it only families that were affected?

The HARPER fkn govt (using the term loosely) sets a poverty line. Anyone below it is deemed to be
"struggling". If you use a calculator and multiply the amounts received from EI, and multiply by 12, they would probably
be below the line...............just sayin. This money was supposed to be a top up, but between the EI folks and
revenue Canada, they fukked it up................SINCE 2007.

In your world I know it's "praise Harper from whom all blessings flow."

Carry on Wally.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I didn't know EI paid that well.

EI is paid out as a percentage of your income while you worked. It is reduced further by crude calculations of the employment rate in the place you live.

Hardly surprising that a computer glitch has caused problems in an underfunded government department. Government bureaucracy attempts to save money by going digital, but because computer tech moves so fast and bureaucracy moves so slow / are staffed by people who don't know how to use computers, modernizing programs are out of date pretty much before they're even implemented. Couple that with the fact that the development of computer programs is contracted out to the lowest bidder, and these companies either fold or stop supporting old technology, and no one actually knows how to fix it.

I can just imagine the horror show going on at those offices. A computer glitch from 2007?