Mittens Promises Americans Energy Independence - With Canadian Oil

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
While people are googling...google the number of dead US Merchant Marines prior to the country OFFICIALLY entering WW2

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If you do not want me here,ask for my banning,wont be the first time.

Its like you're trying to say Canada did nothing in the past.

I could care less if you stay or go. I just think your temper tantrum is amusing.

I didn't say that at all. You're the one who thought he was smart and the facts stung you a bit.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
I could care less if you stay or go. I just think your temper tantrum is amusing.

I didn't say that at all. You're the one who thought he was smart and the facts stung you a bit.
I'm saying Canada did its part in the war,in europe and the pacific,but you seem to say that no canadian were in the pacific,we were there cause the brits wanted to keep the asia part of its empire.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Outside of the Battle of Britain (and there was a volunteer US Eagle Squadron there) how many battles were the Canadians in between 1939 and December 7, 1941? lol. Look that up!

I don't think you can get an accurate picture this way since many Canadians served in the British forces, not as a Canadian unit.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
If you do not want me here,ask for my banning,wont be the first time.

Its like you're trying to say Canada did nothing in the past.

Zealous Bloviating Rants on Canada achievements don't make us out as any better.. bagging about 1050 soldier in the US/Japan war when their was millions of US soldiers fighting - well come on.

You were knocking the US while trying to make Canada look better.

Canada did give lots to the war efforts, many good men and women lost their lives during WWII.

War is ugly, at least at that scale.. just don't spread the BS on too thick while waving the flag.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I'm saying Canada did its part in the war,in europe and the pacific,but you seem to say that no canadian were in the pacific,we were there cause the brits wanted to keep the asia part of its empire.

I said that.. and was corrected.. there was 1050 Canadian soldiers among the millions of American soldiers fighting and dieing. OMG what an achievement. Let's call CBC news and tell the world.

Yeah Canada played such a vital roll, we changed the tied in the Asia Pacific war.

:roll:

Now you might admit the US did win a war on their own??

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Hmmm... can you point out where I said that?

You were knocking the US while trying to make Canada look better.

Which is exactly what he was doing. He seems to be back peddling a bit though.

Canada did give lots to the war efforts, many good men and women lost their lives during WWII.

They most certainly did.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Only three? What about Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala and Belize as well as the Caribbean nations?
I think those are what's called "Central America"

BTW about the jokes on invading Canada,i just remembered that some said that in the 1980 referendum,some claimed that if the Yes had won,that according to what they said,the USA would have invaded quebec.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Outside of the Battle of Britain (and there was a volunteer US Eagle Squadron there) how many battles were the Canadians in between 1939 and December 7, 1941? lol. Look that up!

The Canadian military fought pretty much everywhere the British military fought. We were in the Battle of the Atlantic right off the bat, as well as the Battle of Britain, and in the summer of 1940 the only fully equipped military protecting Britain from a cross Channel invasion was Canadian. Canadians were also in Hong Kong when the Japanese struck. The biggest problem in achieving recognition troops from Canada, New Zealand, Australia and other nations from the British Commonwealth and the colonies have had during the two major wars is that they are often simply lumped together as British and their individuality is ignored.

Mittens Promises Americans Energy Independence - With Canadian Oil

Doesn't the Canadian Government and the Canadian People have a say in Mitt's plans? Last time I looked Canada was an independent country, unless Mitts has some plans there we don't know about.. Canada going to become the 51st?

The Americans have long regarded Canadian oil as theirs. In fact, under the FTA the US is entitled to free access to any resource in Canada that it needs. This particular clause of the original Free Trade Agreement was one that Mulroney was careful not to publicize. Interestingly, Mexico refused to allow the US similar access to its resources when it joined NAFTA. But then the Mexicans are more than familiar with the tendency of the US to take what does not belong to it, by force if necessary.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
The Americans have long regarded Canadian oil as theirs. In fact, under the FTA the US is entitled to free access to any resource in Canada that it needs. This particular clause of the original Free Trade Agreement was one that Mulroney was careful not to publicize. Interestingly, Mexico refused to allow the US similar access to its resources when it joined NAFTA. But then the Mexicans are more than familiar with the tendency of the US to take what does not belong to it, by force if necessary.
Which i guess means that mexicans aren't stupid,sadly we can't say the same for our gov.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Only three? What about Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala and Belize as well as the Caribbean nations?
Central America.

Link? Petroleos Mexicanos is heavily funded by US and Canadian companies.