Why British Columbia is Such a Fabulous Place

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
The best memory I have of BC is when the Olympic torch ran by my place in Langley.. That was just cool.

Lots of very proud Canadians lined the street that day.. :canada:

My best memory of British Columbia, and a warm winter it was... trucking in snow.. LOL

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Home is where you make it and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've worked
in BC years ago (Logging around Salmon Arm, & Exploration about where BC &
AB & the NWT meet on a map) and it was beautiful in its own way, but the pic
that Petros posted above pulls at my heart strings. It's truely beautiful in my eyes
as a Prairie Boy!

With that in mind, for those from BC, I get where you defend BC & its beauty, as
that is home to you. For me it's open spaces with big skys, and river valleys that
open up to lakes and rivers, and the forests to the north (I've spend years in P.A.),
and the crops waving in the wind.

Someone from NFLD will defend their home in debate with all their heart when all
I see is broken rock with trees clinging to them (make'n for shyte farm land), but
that's their home and I get that they see true beauty in it.

:wav:

Well said, Ron. We are so lucky to live in a country that has such a broad and diverse landscape. Having lived in several provinces during my lifetime, I have found that often what ties us to a place is more a matter of community than any particular feature of the terrain. We should celebrate the fact that this country belongs to all of us - from the mountains to the prairies to the Barrens - there is beauty to be found everywhere. :canada:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
:wav:

Well said, Ron. We are so lucky to live in a country that has such a broad and diverse landscape. Having lived in several provinces during my lifetime, I have found that often what ties us to a place is more a matter of community than any particular feature of the terrain. We should celebrate the fact that this country belongs to all of us - from the mountains to the prairies to the Barrens - there is beauty to be found everywhere. :canada:

for sure, I agree

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
That might be the furry, black type of people doing that, too:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/red-neck/6263132334/lightbox/

Yeah, but;

1. they have a latch to small for a bear to open, and most important;

2. I took the pic because I was sitting in my rig watching this lady in the red jeep make this mess as she dived for bottles.. I have a bigger pic with the tag number of course.

btw, awesome pics you posted, real nice. thumbs up

Nice a map of Alaska and Greenland.. lol ;-)

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yeah, but;

1. they have a latch to small for a bear to open,
lol We live in an area with lots of bears and you'd be surprised to see what bears can get into and how delicate they can be while doing it. Had a black bear open the trunk of someone's car last year. Still trying to figure out how the bear did it. Outside looked like normal. Inside the trunk was torn apart. lol And no, it didn't go through the back seat.
and most important;

2. I took the pic because I was sitting in my rig watching this lady in the red jeep make this mess as she dived for bottles.. I have a bigger pic with the tag number of course.
You mean she's not one of those furry black critters I mentioned?

btw, awesome pics you posted, real nice. thumbs up
:)

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
On the tours I do to Whistler I sometime ask people to prove they aren't Bears by opening one of the Bear-proof garbage cans as shown in the photo.

About 25% can't open one no matter how hard they try-oddly it's often Kiwis who have the hardest time.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
On the tours I do to Whistler I sometime ask people to prove they aren't Bears by opening one of the Bear-proof garbage cans as shown in the photo.

About 25% can't open one no matter how hard they try-oddly it's often Kiwis who have the hardest time.

Bear proof is kind of like kid proof. To get in an adult needs to find one or the other.