Casey Anthony trial

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
This isn't a celebrity, she's actually a baby killer, and the video clip reflect the ludicrous state of the Florida court system.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
She's not the first person and won't be the last to get away with murder. This happens all the time around the world. I wish people would shut up about this case. There's nothing that can be done about this case, move on.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
She's not the first person and won't be the last to get away with murder. This happens all the time around the world. I wish people would shut up about this case. There's nothing that can be done about this case, move on.

Someone should tell Nancy Grace to shut the fudge up about this case. She has done more to harm , distort , and color the legal process than anyone I can think of. That is one vile person.

The thing is .....that there really was not enough hard evidence to convict her. That is the system... Innocent until proven guilty beyon reasonable doubt.

there was too much "doubt"....let alone reasonable.

Her life now is toast ........and there is still enough rage at her , for her to be at risk. So in that sense she is not free. It is no life looking over your shoulder , and not being able to really trust anyone. Perhaps this kind of "justice" is the best we can hope for.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Our local and equally as detestable Nancy Grace wannabes should stop their misguided crusade. The verdict is in. According to law. None of their bitching and complaining will change anything. Let them start a civil suit, as there was one against O.J. Simpson.

Until they have the guts and money to do so, SHUT UP. A jury verdict of 'Not Guilty' does not mean 'Innocent'.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Our local and equally as detestable Nancy Grace wannabes should stop their misguided crusade. The verdict is in. According to law. None of their bitching and complaining will change anything. Let them start a civil suit, as there was one against O.J. Simpson.

Until they have the guts and money to do so, SHUT UP. A jury verdict of 'Not Guilty' does not mean 'Innocent'.

Absolutely SPOT ON!! YJ.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dr. Phil Season Premiere Features Casey Anthony's Parents

Airdate: 8/16/2011
George and Cindy Anthony are breaking their silence to Dr. Phil. Casey Anthony's parents will appear on the season premiere of the Dr. Phil show on September 12th.
The tough-talking TV psychologist says he did not hold back in the interview.
"Cindy and George have suffered a horrific loss," Dr. Phil said in a statement. "And they have since endured an unprecedented public attack on their family. I looked them straight in the eye and asked some very tough questions."

And Cindy Anthony is defending her decision to speak, saying, "We are hoping that by doing this interview, we will be able to help other people who may be experiencing struggles of their own."

Meantime, is Casey Anthony becoming an author? The Los Angeles Examiner website is reporting, "Casey Anthony has inked a multi-media deal, 6 figure cash advance" to write her memoirs.

The report says Casey would work with a ghostwriter, and the book will finally reveal the identity of Caylee's father. And as part of the deal, Casey will do one major interview to promote the book.

But is this reported book deal really in the works? Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, told INSIDE EDITION, "No, it's not true."

News - Dr. Phil Season Premiere Features Casey Anthony's Parents - InsideEdition.com

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
That should do marvelous things for his ratings. And keep that case alive in the media.

......are these folks that short of topics and interview subjects???

an aside : love your emoticons. spam. very appropriate.;-)

Dr. Phil Season Premiere Features Casey Anthony's Parents

Airdate: 8/16/2011
George and Cindy Anthony are breaking their silence to Dr. Phil. Casey Anthony's parents will appear on the season premiere of the Dr. Phil show on September 12th.
The tough-talking TV psychologist says he did not hold back in the interview.
"Cindy and George have suffered a horrific loss," Dr. Phil said in a statement. "And they have since endured an unprecedented public attack on their family. I looked them straight in the eye and asked some very tough questions."

And Cindy Anthony is defending her decision to speak, saying, "We are hoping that by doing this interview, we will be able to help other people who may be experiencing struggles of their own."

Meantime, is Casey Anthony becoming an author? The Los Angeles Examiner website is reporting, "Casey Anthony has inked a multi-media deal, 6 figure cash advance" to write her memoirs.

The report says Casey would work with a ghostwriter, and the book will finally reveal the identity of Caylee's father. And as part of the deal, Casey will do one major interview to promote the book.

But is this reported book deal really in the works? Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, told INSIDE EDITION, "No, it's not true."

News - Dr. Phil Season Premiere Features Casey Anthony's Parents - InsideEdition.com

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Who wants to read a Casey Anthony book of fiction?

Kreskin, both you and I know that there are people out there who would line up to buy this book just because of the 'celebrity' status the writer has attained. It would give them cachet amongst their likewise intellectually challenged peers.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Kreskin, both you and I know that there are people out there who would line up to buy this book just because of the 'celebrity' status the writer has attained. It would give them cachet amongst their likewise intellectually challenged peers.

couple of things: what can she say in a book that most of the public is not aware of already???

Would not read or buy such a book as the funds would just go to her flamboyant lifestyle. .......that one she would most likely resume as soon as her legal obligations are fullfilled. (and when someone new comes along for the public to hate and target with threats. and take the heat off of her.....the public being most fickle at best.)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dr. Phil Gets Tough With Casey Anthony's Parents Airdate : 9/9/2011

"All I know is Caylee's not with us anymore, that much I know," said George Anthony, father of Casey Anthony.

George and Cindy Anthony are speaking out for the first time since their daughter Casey walked free, found not guilty of murdering her daughter Caylee.

Their interview airs Tuesday on Dr. Phil, and the Anthonys are definitely put on the hot seat.

Dr. Phil spent nine hours with the Anthonys, and questioned how they felt when George was targeted by Casey's lawyer.
"He took actual steps to throw his very own daughter under the bus, just to protect himself," said attorney Jose Baez durring the trial.

Dr. Phil said, "When you heard the defense in this case saying that he was involved, not in causing the child's death, but in the events that [followed], did it ever occur to you, he's hidden substantial things from [you] before."

Cindy responded, "No, not when it came to his family as far as Casey, and Caylee. George would never have put us through those six months of not knowing where Caylee was, if he knew where Caylee was, because I watched his heart break every single day."

Cindy Anthony also came under tough questioning about that 911 call she made to police when she opened the trunk of her daughter's car and smelled something horrible.

Back then she told cops it smelled like a dead body.

Now, she says she's not so sure, leading to this skeptical exchange with Dr. Phil:

"What do you now believe the smell was from?" asked Dr. Phil.

"Truthfully, to this day, I don't know, to be honest," responded Cindy.

News - Dr. Phil Gets Tough With Casey Anthony's Parents - InsideEdition.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
News World
In YouTube video, Casey Anthony makes no mention of daughter

Barbara Liston, Reuters
First posted: Thursday, January 05, 2012 02:09 PM EST | Updated: Thursday, January 05, 2012 09:05 PM EST

A YouTube video going viral on Thursday appears to show Casey Anthony speaking out about her life for the first time since she was found not guilty last summer of killing her daughter Caylee in Florida. (YouTube)

ORLANDO, FLA. - A YouTube video going viral on Thursday appears to show Casey Anthony speaking out about her life for the first time since she was found not guilty last summer of killing her daughter Caylee in Florida.

A YouTube video going viral on Thursday shows an optimistic Casey Anthony speaking out about her life for the first time since she was found not guilty last summer of killing her daughter Caylee in Florida.
“It’s just a little surreal how much things have changed since July and how many things haven’t changed,” said Anthony, 25, in the four-minute recording made in October that she described as the first installment of her video diary.

Sporting short, blond hair and dark-rimmed glasses in a rare appearance since she went into hiding after the high-profile trial that gripped the nation and outraged many because the not-guilty verdict came despite convincing evidence, she tells of adopting a dog and using a new computer to combat loneliness.

“But the good thing is that things are starting to look up and things are starting to change in a good way. I just hope they stay, things stay good and they only get better.”

Calls and email requests from Reuters to several of Anthony’s lawyers to confirm her identity on the YouTube video were not returned. But her lawyer Cheney Mason verified to the Orlando Sentinel the woman in the footage was indeed his client.

Mason told the newspaper Anthony was “maintaining some notes for her personal use and for future counseling purposes” and that she had not released the video. The attorney said its publication was “unauthorized,” “inappropriate” and under investigation.

A lawyer for Anthony’s parents, George and Cindy, said they had concerns after learning of the video diary on Thursday.

“They are concerned that the release of this video or any future videos could endanger their daughter,” lawyer Mark Lippman said in a statement. “Cindy and George hope that Casey remains safe wherever she may be.”

Anthony’s whereabouts have been kept secret by the court for her safety while she serves a one-year probation on check fraud charges.

In the video, her blond hair and glasses contrast with the long, brunette hair she wore during her six-week trial in Orlando. She is sitting in an office chair in a plain paneled room with Venetian blinds, giving no indication of her location.

Anthony never mentions her six-week trial or her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, who prosecutors said was dead for a month before Anthony told anyone the toddler was missing in 2008. She spent two years in jail before the trial.

She is appealing her convictions on four counts of lying to detectives about what happened to Caylee.

Anthony talks about the possibility of getting off probation early in time for her birthday in March and about her solitary life being enriched by the ability to speak on camera.

“This has just been such blessing in so many ways that now I have someone to talk to when I’m by myself so I’m not bothering the poor dog that I’ve adopted, that I love,” she said.

In YouTube video, Casey Anthony makes no mention of daughter | World | News | Toronto Sun

Casey Anthony Speaks out (Video Diary) - YouTube

Last edited: