Prosecuting Freedon of Speech

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Freedom of expression is a cornerstone of a functioning democracy. Freedom of expression promotes certain societal values, as noted by Professor Emerson in 1963: "Maintenance of a system of free expression is necessary (1) as assuring individual self-fulfillment, (2) as a means of attaining the truth, (3) as a method of securing participation by the members of the society in social, including political, decision-making, and (4) as maintaining the balance between stability and change in society." Our constitutional commitment to free speech is predicated on the belief that a free society cannot function with coercive legal censorship in the hands of persons supporting one ideology who are motivated to use the power of the censor to suppress opposing viewpoints.
Constitutional Law of Canada

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ignoring what? Semantics? Why wouldn't it?

What makes this a left/right issue CDNBear?

Has the CDN Govt (left or right) ever pimped her dancing as a venue of how grand Canadian arts are?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
If I may...

Freedom of speech is your right to speak freely. It falls under the broader wing of freedom of expression, which encompasses freedom of speech among other forms of expression, like art, dance, or writing about a head scout's detailed passion for the joys of man/boy love...

maybe even 'freedon' of spelling. :?P

I work for the government so I'm well aware of how it wastes our money.

Remember this waste on so-called 'art' by the national art gallery?

Voice of Fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I seem to recall a figure more like 6 million than 1.8 million. Either way, it's a gross misappropriation of funds for which some director's head ought to have rolled. I wonder what the Americans here think about this being called 'art'.

I mean, geez, give the guy some bonus points for being able to simulate straight lines... but 6 or even 1.8 million? unconscionable!

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ignoring what?
The erroneous comment you have continuously made.

Semantics?
You love arguing those when you get served.

Why wouldn't it?
Why wouldn't what?

What makes this a left/right issue CDNBear?
Asked and answered.

Has the CDN Govt (left or right) ever pimped her dancing as a venue of how grand Canadian arts are?
Don't know, don't care.

Let me know when you're done dodging having to address the erroneous implication of your comment...

We don't have freedom of speech. We have freedom of expression but be prepared to judged on the content.

Your silly attempt at side tracking, semantics and dodging is weak and boring.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why does your link to "freedom of speech lead to the freedom of expression section of the Charter. No semantics there at all.

No you didn't say why this is left or right. you gave some b u l l s h i t assumption about 'cadres' and if righties have pimped her as a representation of Canadian arts then you've ****ed yourself up the ass as far as left/right goes.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No you didn't say why this is left or right.
That's right. because I didn't make this about the left and the right.

I'm glad you figured that out.

you've all ****ed yourself up the ass.
No that's your kink.

Anyways back on track and topic...

Why does your link to "freedom of Speech lead to the Freedom of expression section of the Charter.
Because they're synonymous.

No semantics there at all.
True. Except for where you're concerned.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So that wasn't you who posted this thread and made the comments about lefties?
I made no comments about lefties.

I made a comment about the 'loony left', because they made this a right/ left issue, the minute they stated "Rightwing media".

Sorry to burst your bubble pumpkin.

So, now that that has been cleared up for the umpteenth time.

Perhaps you can admit the error in the implication your comment makes...

We don't have freedom of speech. We have freedom of expression but be prepared to judged on the content.

Which now includes...

Why does your link to "freedom of speech lead to the freedom of expression section of the Charter. No semantics there at all.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Who is the loony left if not lefties?

Are there limitations on the freedom of expression? If so it's not free, you will be judged on content and quite possibly criminally. If it's already limited you have no true free speech to lose.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Who is the loony left if not lefties?
The ones that made this a right/left issue.

Look, i know you're fragile, but if you concede to your error real quick, it will be no more painful than ripping off a bandaid.

Go on, just do it. You can muster the manhood. I have faith in you.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
you guys are so caught up in your bitchfest you're missin the good stuff: moi! :?P

look up

look waaaaaaaaaaaay up

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Are there limitations on the freedom of expression? If so it's not free, you will be judged on content and quite possibly criminally. If it's already limited you have no true free speech to lose.
Nice try pumpkin.

That isn't what you said.

You said we don't have free speech, we have freedom of expression.

Implying they are completely different.

you guys are so caught up in your bitchfest you're missin the good stuff: moi! :?P
I didn't miss you. And I'm not caught up in anything, i enjoy keeping the ethically challenged honest.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The ones that made this a right/left issue.
The ONE who made it left right was YOU! YOU posted the thread YOU made the left comments. I don't fall for the divide and conquer paradigm of left and right. It all goes through the same
b u l l s h i t filter. If the "righties" aren't happy that this women gets public funding maybe they should stop ****ing hiring her to dance for them.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The ONE who made it left right was YOU!
Wrong again pumpkin.

But I can see why you would want to continue bawling on about your imagination, instead of admitting your error.

The fragile oft can't deal with reality.

I'm reading the comments at the CBSC, on rulings regarding clause 5/6 an 7.

You were right to move on to make this about me, instead of about what you tried to. You would have been served yet again.

It was pretty smart of you to see that coming.

So anyways, back to your silly claim that we have freedom of expression, not freedom of speech, as if they aren't one in the same.

What say you?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If she has managed to keep her dance troup going for the past six years without any rightie funding she is a financial ****ing genius and should be hired by Flaherty as an advisor