A National Shame?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
BTW. It seems like your govt. is allowing one group to carry knives and banning the carrying of knives to another group. How is that free? That is discrimination. Hardly an example for the rest of the world to follow.

actually, no they're not.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You have to try AZ. I just did a road trip from Pheonix to Tombstone and back to Pheonix. I hit all the major stuff in between.
I did a week o so in Tempe in a "sister school" program for field credits. Not easy getting field credits in SK in Feb. All day in the desert and canyons then drink hard on campus at night. But that was a long time ago.

Other than that I drove through north to south enroute to Nogales and then Baja to Chihuahua to San Antonio. Amazing trip.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Our government condemns bullying in the schoolyard and does it in caucus and policy. What do they know?

Our government (i.e school system) condemns bullying as well. But allows it to continue because they don't want to deal with the bullies or their bully parents. Another thread I suppose.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh, so they are not allowing them to carry weapons. Well heck that's not so free either.

Baptized Sihks are allowed to carry a Kirpan, which is one of the basic tenets of their religion. It has not been carried as a "weapon" for a very long time. It is ceremonial only.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I did a week o so in Tempe in a "sister school" program for field credits. Not easy getting field credits in SK in Feb. All day in the desert and canyons then drink hard on campus at night. But that was a long time ago.

I was amazed that Pheonix, Tempe, Scotsdale, Chandler were simply one big city with no clear borders. It all blended in.

Other than that I drove through north to south enroute to Nogales and then Baja to Chihuahua to San Antonio. Amazing trip.

Nogales... so you went through Tombstone. You must have blinked.

I saw the 'Biosphere 2' just outside of Tuscon.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I was amazed that Pheonix, Tempe, Scotsdale, Chandler were simply one big city with no clear borders. It all blended in.

Nogales... so you went through Tombstone. You must have blinked.

I saw the 'Biosphere 2' just outside of Tuscon.
It was early evening and 112F in August passing through Tombstone. Even Mexico and Texas were cooler I'd like to go back again but in spring. Feb was still too early too see everything green.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It was early evening and 112F in August passing through Tombstone. Even Mexico and Texas were cooler I'd like to go back again but in spring. Feb was still too early too see everything green.

I went last month. I wished it was a little warmer but I can't complain as it is bitter cold here in Boston.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I'm not. We have our government going back and forth with the Supreme Court on this issue, and that's because of a lot of trade workers' activism. It's just another freedom that at least appears to be given more serious federal consideration.

Oh... BTW... you are free to check out "The Bunny Ranch" in Nevada. It's a brothel... where you can pay for sex...and it's legal... and it's in America. FREEDOM BABY! If you like that kind of freedom. They advertise, procure, etc.

It's a States Rights thing we got going on down here.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why does that Bianci's world of crap liquidaton store sell knife and sword kits that would make any ninja or Conan wannbe be proud as punch for less than $100? When any white kid can arm himself like Conan and go on drunken rampage a tiny little kirpan is bupkis and doesn't bother me.

There has been several incidents with drunk kids with swords ever since that deal came around.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
still nothin about the patriot act.

It hasn't changed my life. Not in the slightest.

Unless of course you include the longer lines at the airport and enhanced screening stuff. But that is more of a TSA thing.

My daily life is the same as it was before 9/11.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why does that Bianci's world of crap liquidaton store sell knife and sword kits that would make any ninja or Conan wannbe be proud as punch for less than $100? When any white kid can arm himself like Conan and go on drunken rampage a tiny little kirpan is bupkis and doesn't bother me.

There has been several incidents with drunk kids with swords ever since that deal came around.
CBC News - Saskatchewan - Woman charged after sword attack on mother with baby

CBC News - Saskatchewan - Sword-wielding bank bandit captured on video

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada/2010/08/28/15173566.html

I couldn't find anything locally for anyone using a kirpan.

These guys live in Ottawa. I'd want to have a pocket knife on me too.

Two charged after dozens of exotic weapons seized in Ottawa

A man and a woman face more than a dozen charges after police raided an Ottawa apartment and seized almost 50 prohibited weapons, including a Yaqua blowgun with darts, and about 100 legal weapons.

After executing a search warrant at a Lees Avenue address, police said officers seized prohibited weapons that included:

* Four Tasers.
* Six nunchaku sticks, a karate weapon.
* Six shuriken throwing stars.
* One Yaqua blowgun with darts.
* One morning star, a club with a spiked ball.
* 30 switchblades.
* Three pairs of brass knuckles.
* One sword cane.
* One kusari, a chained weapon.

They also seized around 100 legal weapons, such as long swords, broad swords, fighting knives and throwing knives, some imitation and replica guns and two sets of "house break-in instruments," police said in a news release.

Mark Rennick, 32, and Krista Thomas, 33, both of Ottawa, face 18 charges each, including possession of prohibited weapons and importing prohibited weapons. They were released under conditions that include a ban on the possession of weapons, police said.

Ottawa police said the Ontario Provincial Police weapons unit and the Canadian Border Services Agency assisted in the raid, but would not say what information prompted the search warrant.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/07/fa...erland&emc=rss

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Who knew a Yaqua blow gun and darts were illegal?

The HIll is full of monkies and sloaths.

I can see why there was concern in the upper canopy.

Joffen

Nominee Member
Jan 31, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Oh we are definately more in the toilet.

You can call it socialized medicine but it really isn't a true socialized medicine system like Canada. Poor people and people on welfare get 100% covereage. That cost is passed on to the Taxpayers and hospitals. Hospitals crank their prices up to offset what the government won't pay them.

Because if we had a true socialized medical system we wouldn't be having this.

And Obamacare isn't much better except it will MAKE those that can pay BUY insurance from existing insurance companies. There is no public option.
Thank god for no public option! Also, the individual mandate is absolutely unconstitutional. You might want to read it sometime. An extraordinary document.

Joffen

Nominee Member
Jan 31, 2011
Buffalo, NY
no election without the Monarch's consent eh....lol.... maybe on paper, but that's as far as it goes. Take a look at the King/Byng affair for a little education. Obviously you slept through your Canadian History classes when you went to school.
It's obvious that you're a jackass.