Jesus Christ: Extraterrestrial

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
No, he is the first one to say that he is offended. I am sure there are other people that are offended here, but choose not to say anything as they figure it will cause everyone to jump all over them.
Well, I have noticed that there isn't very many threads on here that someone doesn't get offended at. I don't think there are too many posters that haven't offended at least one person at one time. I think people are just a little too serious about too many things that really aren't. "You live, you die and everything in between is just entertainment."

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Well, I have noticed that there isn't very many threads on here that someone doesn't get offended at. I don't think there are too many posters that haven't offended at least one person at one time. I think people are just a little too serious about too many things that really aren't. "You live, you die and everything in between is just entertainment."

Certain things aren't worth getting offended at, but there are certain things that I can see why a person would be offended.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'll remember that the next time I support Jbeee in his rants against the killer country south of us or in my objections to deifying those that choose to make it their life mission to go over seas to kill people on my dime.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Certain things aren't worth getting offended at, but there are certain things that I can see why a person would be offended.
Ya! This thread should have been posted under Fun and Games but I don't think the OP expected this kinda silly stuff (or maybe he did, in which case, whack his pee pee!).

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'll remember that the next time I support Jbeee in his rants against the killer country south of us or in my objections to deifying those that choose to make it their life mission to go over seas to kill people on my dime.
Well you will never hear me contradict that stance.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Ya! This thread should have been posted under Fun and Games but I don't think the OP expected this kinda silly stuff (or maybe he did, in which case, whack his pee pee!).
I saw the op as absurd and knowing Beaver that is what he wanted it to come out as , so people like Gerry are going to have to lighten up. Humour has many subjects , Sex, ethnic, politics and religious. I wonder if it was a subject on islam if there would of been any feed back. If not then who's the hypocrit?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I saw the op as absurd and knowing Beaver that is what he wanted it to come out as , so people like Gerry are going to have to lighten up. Humour has many subjects , Sex, ethnic, politics and religious. I wonder if it was a subject on islam if there would of been any feed back. If not then who's the hypocrit?
Wasn't Mohamed a camel humper?

Serious people kill each other. There aught to be a law... Oh! There is.8O

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So laughing would mean surrender?
Laughter has saved my life on several occasions. It is the only defense against serious people. Plus, when I was hit by the logging truck, a friend came in the hospital every day and told me jokes. This guy actually talked in puns all the time. Well, I was supposed to be in there for 2 or 3 months but after 12 days I had some friends rescue me and take me home, that way I was able to escape having to endure his punning any more.:lol:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Laughter has saved my life on several occasions. It is the only defense against serious people. Plus, when I was hit by the logging truck, a friend came in the hospital every day and told me jokes. This guy actually talked in puns all the time. Well, I was supposed to be in there for 2 or 3 months but after 12 days I had some friends rescue me and take me home, that way I was able to escape having to endure his punning any more.:lol:
Puns? How did that go , any examples?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
just reinforces my belief that those that object the loudest about JBeee's posts on the u.s., or my posts on the u.s. or war are f*cking hypocrites.

i believe jesus was just a regular human being like a magician, whats offensive about that? I think calling him an aliens is more offensive, and calling him human is more....reasonable_ : /

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I meant no offense but I was aware offense could be taken. It's impossible to exist without causing offense to be felt by another. Children easily take offense, even old children. However if no one took offense there would be no human growth of any kind whatever so getting offended is an absolute necessity for humans. Are you offended by greed, are you offended by injustice, are you offended by ignorance, are you offended by poverty? If you're not offended by something then you might as well be dead, even Jesus was often offended.

The OP, Jesus is very likely not of this world, like the man said, so where did he come from? Where could his Kingdom be? This undemocratic place we all die to get to.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Laughter is devine, especially so if the subject is your own person.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
No, he is the first one to say that he is offended. I am sure there are other people that are offended here, but choose not to say anything as they figure it will cause everyone to jump all over them.
Yeah.
The way I see it is that if the guy actually existed, who is to say that he wasn't an ET? Or that gods aren't ETs? IMO, one postulation is as good as a guess is as good as an hypothesis because there's no proof of anything either way.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Good point. A while back I made a case for the idea that the beginning of life on Earth was a random event and was dissed for it even though I posted scientific evidence supporting my view.
Shyte happens and everyone is a hypocrite at some point.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I find it hard to read an article without letting the past expressed opinions of the poster tint my view, thus I find it hard to believe that db wasn't being mocking, thus offensive by default.

But, to pretend for a second that the op is an earnest attempt to discuss the nature of god, I don't think putting the label 'extraterrestrial' on most people's notions of god is flawed at all. Trying to say god was a little green alien, now that would be flawed. Saying he's from beyond the earth, technically correct by the teaching of the bible, and churches all across the world. It's how you view the term 'extraterrestrial' that makes it right or wrong I suppose. Semantics and nothing more.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
i believe jesus was just a regular human being like a magician, whats offensive about that? I think calling him an aliens is more offensive, and calling him human is more....reasonable_ : /
I think it'd only be more offensive if the ET was a wiorse being than a human. If the ET was better (like more peaceful, wiser, knowledgeable, etc.) than a human, then how could it be offensive?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I find it hard to read an article without letting the past expressed opinions of the poster tint my view, thus I find it hard to believe that db wasn't being mocking, thus offensive by default.

But, to pretend for a second that the op is an earnest attempt to discuss the nature of god, I don't think putting the label 'extraterrestrial' on most people's notions of god is flawed at all. Trying to say god was a little green alien, now that would be flawed. Saying he's from beyond the earth, technically correct by the teaching of the bible, and churches all across the world. It's how you view the term 'extraterrestrial' that makes it right or wrong I suppose. Semantics and nothing more.
Egg Zachary. :)