U.S. ambassador in Alberta to learn about oilsands

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
How about some pics of my jobs a week after they were reclaimed?
You upset the delicate balance of mother nature by just walking over your lawn,if you dont know that then you should educate yourself on such matters.

Pictures are crap, Kaka. You need a better grasp of evidence if you plan on convincing people of anything other than the fact that you are only hear to speak out of your rear.

I want numbers. You can start by telling me how much net CO_2 is released when the ecology is torn up in the first place. Then you can tell me how much is released when you put it back. Then you can give me actual measures of the soil nitrogen, phosphorus and calcium before, after and five years after being reclaimed.

Otherwise, you can take your pictures and show them to people who are easily fooled.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Pictures are crap, Kaka. You need a better grasp of evidence if you plan on convincing people of anything other than the fact that you are only hear to speak out of your rear.

I want numbers. You can start by telling me how much net CO_2 is released when the ecology is torn up in the first place. Then you can tell me how much is released when you put it back. Then you can give me actual measures of the soil nitrogen, phosphorus and calcium before, after and five years after being reclaimed.

Otherwise, you can take your pictures and show them to people who are easily fooled.

Obviously I had a good one.:cool:

Pictures of my work got me a base rate of allmost $1000.00 a day plus mileage as an inspector,I was offerd the job without even meeting the guy.;-)

It's called a portfolio Anna and anyone with their own corporation better have one.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Sorry Ger but I'm not here to respond to your and others flamebaiting,go troll another topic.

I'm pretty serious about the environment and if you have nothing to add thats wothwhile in the discussion then you will get ignored.

I know where kryptic stands as I've been there,most of you peeps dont have a clue what the patch is like.
I'd say what's been posted in this thread has opened a lot of eyes, so yes, I would say people DO have "a clue".
Here's a clue:

An ooops that occurred at the tarsands:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Yeh,thats a mine,theres lots around that are a lot worse on the enviroside so why arent you doing something about it?

Focus on the real bad guys Annna,unless you have a hate Alberta agenda like some.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Obviously I had a good one.:cool:

Pictures of my work got me a base rate of allmost $1000.00 a day plus mileage as an inspector,I was offerd the job without even meeting the guy.;-)

It's called a portfolio Anna and anyone with their own corporation better have one.

This is you in a nutshell, Kaka: vapour, steam, hot air. A source of BS and nothing more.

You think you know what you are talking about, but you have no answers for the tough questions.

You've got nothing. That's why. You grasp your photos close, like a child clinging to a blanket.

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
Oh, we get your "drift". Unfortunately, you don't seem able to get the bigger "drift". Ever since some twit starting digging it out and using it, it's been nothing but a disaster for the planet.

what do you think oil is new? its been on this planet for eons, its been coming out of the ground by itself longer then we knew how to use it, you do know there is vents in the ocean that puke out oil/natural gas with h2s in it all by themselves

Ocean Planet: Popular Science - Creatures of the Thermal Vents

Deep-ocean vents found to be source of oil and natural gas

yes we use a lot of it, but guess who has an easy life because of it? yeah, that's right. You and I, and the rest.

Now since your so dead set against something like that, like I said before, make something that is better, genius.

Solar is new and not very space efficient and to weak for our needs, Imagine a solar powered big truck to deliver your coffee beans? I can't, takes a **** load of power to move weight, wind power? or what? come on, solve it, be the hero.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C

Go talk to Al Gore,we allready discussed mineral soil a few pages ago,try and keep up ok?
When the disturbed ground has grown back like normal we leave the number crunching to the schooled peeps,they have the final say and sign the reclamation tickets.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
you get power from Alberta,from the dirty coal fired genesse plant and sheerness.
Sorry, you said this before and we don't get power from AB or coal-fired anything. We use a little hydro from a dam a nearby town owns and solar power.
At night when Alberta shuts down we sell BC power,when Alberta fires up in the morning they sell us their excess power.
The hypocrisy astounds me.:roll:
You are astounded alright. And wrong.

Most of BC's gas comes from Alberta though.;-)
So? That means Earth wouldn't have been better off without petroleum? "Oh, everyone does it, so that makes it ok". lmao

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I hope I'm being civil,I want to offer any info anyone wants on the oilsands or the patch.
Yet I find nothing but insults from some members.
See above posts from Anna to see what I mean.
Hard to debate someone who has this mindset,they have their mind made up allready and its hate anything Alberta or jelousy.

I asked for info. I received a tongue in cheek rebuttal. I would still like to see those soil measurements.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Sorry, you said this before and we don't get power from AB or coal-fired anything. We use a little hydro from a dam a nearby town owns and solar power.
You are astounded alright. And wrong.

So? That means Earth wouldn't have been better off without petroleum? "Oh, everyone does it, so that makes it ok". lmao

sorry but you do,i'm working for Altalink right now and all of BC shares power with Alberta,we swap back and forth,depends upon demand.

You got any more fallacies you want me to bust?:lol:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I asked for info. I received a tongue in cheek rebuttal. I would still like to see those soil measurements.
Their site specific dude,i can scan a few for you if you want,show you the horizons.
But that would be a collosal waste of minutes in my life so why dont you google them yourself?
You have been provided with enough info that we shouldnt have to babysit you anymore,do your own research.:roll:
And if you cant then bow out of the topic because i'm here to try and explain things,not fight with you.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Go talk to Al Gore,we allready discussed mineral soil a few pages ago,try and keep up ok?
When the disturbed ground has grown back like normal we leave the number crunching to the schooled peeps,they have the final say and sign the reclamation tickets.
"Disturbed ground has grown back to normal"? Apparently you paid no attention to all the info that Tonington posted in this thread a while back. It ISN'T "back to normal".

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I wasn't online 4 hours ago, but I have been trying to stick to the topic. Unfortunately I've been called a nutcase, I don't " have a clue", someone keeps telling me I hate AB, etc. apparently just because I think oil has not been good for the planet.
Well,I'm not trying to be a meany but you dont have a clue on the oilsands except what you saw on tv or the net.

I worked with most of the shell guys back in 82,the same ones who run the olsands now and they are experts.

Even the engineers,I probably know and have worked with about half of shell's engineers.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
sorry but you do,i'm working for Altalink right now and all of BC shares power with Alberta,we swap back and forth,depends upon demand.

You got any more fallacies you want me to bust?:lol:
No, we don't. We have solar panels on the roof of the house recharging batteries at night, and we have a microhydro system up and running off the creek here. We have a water license for .24 cubic feet per second. Our power consumption from the grid is nil. So tell me some more fallacy busting crap.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Their site specific dude,i can scan a few for you if you want,show you the horizons.
But that would be a collosal waste of minutes in my life so why dont you google them yourself?
You have been provided with enough info that we shouldnt have to babysit you anymore,do your own research.:roll:
And if you cant then bow out of the topic because i'm here to try and explain things,not fight with you.

Because:

a) the burden of proof is yours,
b) you claim to be an expert,
c) you are claiming to be "here to try and explain things" and to be offering info.
d) asking somebody who knows saves me headaches trying to find it.

Would I tell you to google it if you asked me about general relativity? No, I would try to explain it, with numbers, equations, plots, whatever you need. You are willing to provide nothing but pictures, which are inadequate to sustain the position you taking.

How can you possibly claim to be here to explain if you are refusing to provide information? This is the fundamental problem in this thread, as I see it. You claim to be an expert but are being completely unhelpful.

If you are unwilling to provide real evidence, you should take your own advice and bow out. It is your responsibility, not mine.

Last edited: