Need a Camp Job in Alberta

raventhi

Jul 19, 2007
I would recommend visiting a number of "Alberta" Job sites.
http://Now-Hiring.ca
http://JobsinCalgary.ca
and there are many more on the net, instead of searching "Camp Jobs" try to narrow down your search to Trucking-oil and gas jobs-mining etc

Not sure if they have camp jobs but would be a good place to start.

OilSands.InfoMine

Aug 2, 2007
Work in the OilSands/FortMcMurray

I participate with a company that posts as many FT McMurray jobs as possable. The site is www.Oilsands.InfoMine.com this site focuses on the Mining/Oil and construction aspect enjoy. We have also lauched another www.fortmcmurrayonline.com this is new and we offer lots of information on the territory shortly we will be offering a job board here as well the focus will be a little diffrent enjoy ALL!!!

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
Do you have any company names or phone numbers for the oil rig jobs????????? the right direction would help.
Thanks again for your reply.

The largest drilling company is Precision. There is also Nabors and Trinidad.

There are also big Siesmic companies that higher alot of people-Schlumberjer, Veritas, EOG

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Are you talking about camps where mean government guys lock up ethnic minorities just for being born ethnic minorities?? And the patriotic citizens surround the camp in ring-around-the-rosey and yell rah rah rah stuff ending with a haw haw haw??

Sound like anybody you know?

jthibb

Sep 24, 2007
lookin for any job with long hours and good pay. been fishing for the past 7 years so i know what hard work is all about. can and will do anything.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
They all make pretty much the same depend on your experience but union labourers get upward of 25.00/hour maybe more, the competition for any labour is intense, theres a new saying "YOU GOT A PULSE - YOU GOTTA JOB"

Devn

Apr 30, 2008
Hello. I am also looking for a camp job. As are 3 of my friends, we are looking for pretty much any kind of general labour. The problem I seem to be having is most of these companies only hire within Alberta. This is a problem because I would rather not make that big move until I know I have a job.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a camp job?
Is this the general rule that most companies only take you if you live in the area (Mostly what I am talking about is the fort mcmurray area.

My email is
Dev_j_bern@hotmail.com
if anyone could be of assistance that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RealityCh3ck

Nov 9, 2008
Drilling Rigs

I have no experience with the Oil-sands "camp" jobs but I do know a bit about the drilling rigs. Basically to get a job on a drilling rig you need a vehicle. A few tickets are required (best to get before as when you hand in an application they will ask for your tickets too), and most likely you will need to wait a week or two for placement on a rig.

I waited almost 2 months myself this year. Bunch of rigs will be going up in december (ensign drilling in particular) so shoot for then maybe. Best advice I could give someone: unless you have a date, time, and location to be on a rig you keep applying to other companies and doing interviews and tests. (standard) Starting wages $26.00 12hr x 14days (followed by 1 week off). $140 non tax living allowance a day for non camp, $50 living allowance a day "isolation pay" camp jobs.

P.S. most jobs you work will be non camp and you will need to drive from your hotel or wherever to the jobsite everyday and night.

crystalkshannon

Jan 5, 2009
Red Deer
Hey how are you doing! i noticed that you know a company that needs drivers I need a job bad i have great skills if you could get me the contact number that would be great thanks!

crystalkshannon

Jan 5, 2009
Red Deer
Hi evryone i am new to this thing but i am wantng a job in a camp if anyone has any numbers or anything that would be great or you can call me *******
I have a license and i am willing to work hard so please help!!! Thanks

Moderator's edit - phone number removed...

Crystal, welcome to Canadian Content. As Karrie mentioned below, it's extremely unsafe to post your phone number on the internet. If you'd like people to contact you via this site, please feel free to become an active member and upon reaching approximately 25 posts here, you will have private messaging privileges. You can then invite people to contact you privately if you like.

Good luck in your job hunting!
Zan,
Canadian Content Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Hi evryone i am new to this thing but i am wantng a job in a camp if anyone has any numbers or anything that would be great or you can call me ***********. I have a license and i am willing to work hard so please help!!! Thanks

**** my dear....you`re hired!!!

Moderator's Edit: Personal phone number removed from the quoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hi evryone i am new to this thing but i am wantng a job in a camp if anyone has any numbers or anything that would be great or you can call me ************. I have a license and i am willing to work hard so please help!!! Thanks

Are you insane girl? This is a pretty nice site, but don't post a pic like yours, of a 20 yr old girl, and follow it with a phone number on the net for crying out loud!! What will you do when someone calls you for a 'job interview'? :lol:

Reactions: Outta here

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Are you insane girl? This is a pretty nice site, but don't post a pic like yours, of a 20 yr old girl, and follow it with a phone number on the net for crying out loud!! What will you do when someone calls you for a 'job interview'? :lol:

My son has been working in the "patch" for over 20 years (out of Red Deer right now) and he's never seen such slim picken' as it is now. He put in a good 15 years around High Level and Zama.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
My son has been working in the "patch" for over 20 years (out of Red Deer right now) and he's never seen such slim picken' as it is now. He put in a good 15 years around High Level and Zama.

Yep, it's a bad time to try to get into the patch.