Need a Camp Job in Alberta

iantogwyllt

Oct 6, 2009
Hi everybody my first post so be gentle with me! looking for well paid work, in uk at the moment willing to travel anywhere,experience [30 years]class 1 articulated vehicle on and off roar,also excavator over 20 tons clean licence would welcome any helpful views anybody might have,thanks. Evan

sherijones

Nov 3, 2009
I am looking for work anywhere in a camp. I have a drivers liecense, used to work in an office setting and worked for child and family services. Also worked as a doctor and nursing clerk. I have good organizational skills. I would love to work in an office anywhere up north. I can start immediately. I want to work please can someone hire me??

hellzbellz

Nov 26, 2009
Hello...i am looking for a camp attendee job here in Alberta..where im from..but would love to work anywhere..i heard the horror stories and it seems like everyone wants jobs here to..need some directions on where to look, heard bc and sask are great...?..applied to PTI and Shanco and Travers...but haha dont wanna go to Fort Mac...i guess ill go where money can be made...

newfie21

Feb 21, 2010
Hey, Looking for work up away in the field of Laborer..Any websites or suggestions on how to go about finding some work up that way? Would be great!

boos

Mar 9, 2010
My hubby is looking for a driving position in Fort mac anyone with any info??? It would be greatly apprecaited...

Thanks

Downhomegirl

Mar 12, 2010
Sydney Mines
There are all kinds of jobs there just have to go to the companies and put your resume in ..some streets are Franklin Street, Fraser Ave etc...The hardest part is waiting 4 the call....Kmc , is another company...

Work

Mar 10, 2011
Breaking up with my chick and now im looking for camp work
Have been on the right of way before.want as much work as i can
Handle.pipelines oilfeild work fine .not affraid to work i. Remote
Places is fine .im 40 and healthy need asap im in manitoba
Now but can be anywhere in canada,have a family to support
Still .please can someone help find camp work asap
Thanks hope to hear from someone soon
Instead of drinking and partying i just want to work

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Any kind of construction job in Ft Mac requires a certain amount of training ie safety, etc etc.
And anyone on a constuction job where you could be expose to petroleum vapor, will mean that you have a clean shaven face, no mostach either, clean means clean! This is because you need to have a tight fit for a fresh air mask.

Having been up there I often saw young people sleeping outside in the parks, or wherever, because they could not find a place to live in. So if your going to survive up there you gotta take a lotta money with you and maybe hotel it or something till you can get yourself established. Many people will not rent to new comers or those who have no rent history.

If you know nothing about working, my suggestion is to go up there and begin by getting a job at a service store like Walmart, Timmys or any other fast food place.
Forget about making the big bucks in construction, nobody will hire you until you have proven yourself first.
By starting at the bottom you can feel you way around and slowly work yourself up into a better job if you got the right stuff.

Unless your really committed and have over come hardships and diversity before, forget going up their, you'll never survive.

troutriver

Aug 12, 2011
looking for work also in the patch I am 42, I live in Newfoundland, I have a place to stay in Grandre Paire, 3 kids to support must be worth my while to go, need good money, willing to get trained up in almost any, lost my job back home, trying to get back in the rat race again, don't have much expeirence , but do have alot of tranferrable skills to offer and reliable, hard working.

LookingforWork

Mar 1, 2012
l am looking for a camp job in northern British Columbia,or possibly northern Alberta. Positions would include cook's helper, prep., or cleaner. I have some certificates. FoodSafe, Cleaning, etc. I also have a Business Administration Diploma. I am a mature student who reliable and responsible, looking for full time and long term employment. Please email me at leslie_carter46@yahoo.ca and I will send my certificates.