What's Michael Moore been up to?

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Michael Moore Recommends Soldiers Punch the Lights Out of People Who Thank Them for Their Service

Michael Moore: Those Who Say 'I Support the Troops' Really Don't

- Moore is at least as repellent as Fat Albert Gore when it comes to hypocritically exploting the gullibility and feeble mindedness of the political left for his own personal gain with a litany of lies, half truths and distortions.

- I have no doubt whatsoever that a solid majority of US soldiers given a choice would much prefer to punch out Moore's lights than to punch out the lights of average Americans who do support the troops even though many and [perhaps most average Americans by now are weary of the ME conflicts and willing to acquiesce as Duffer and Commander In Chief Obama withdraws from Iraq and Afghanistan while failing to make a successful or even a serious attempt to consolidate the US strategic gains that were there for the taking.

- Maybe Moore is subconsciously resentful of the troops inasmuch as he knows that any nation which would be reduced to drafting a morbidly obese piece of crap like him is a nation that is facing certain defeat.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I agree with Moore in that many people who claim they support the troops really don't. They say the words, but fail to back those words up with any action that actually supports the troops.

Besides wearing a poppy on Remembrance Day, Harper doesn't support the troops either:

Disabled veterans, widows slam Harper government ahead of Remembrance Day | Canada | News | National Post

Tories spent more than $750,000 fighting veterans’ pension claim | Canada | News | National Post

If the Harper government seriously supported the troops then they would increase Canadian Forces pay and benefits and give veterans preferential access to jobs, education and health care.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The last I saw of him on TV he must be 300 lbs and getting bigger.

I would say closer to 400 lbs.

Actually, Dude's been getting smaller....

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If ever there were somebody who needed to go sit in a tipi and starve, it's Michael Moore

Well, if he's hunger striking with Spence, I wouldn't expect that either would lose an ounce... Quite the contrary really.

- reduced to drafting a morbidly obese piece of crap like him is a nation that is facing certain defeat.

The last I saw of him on TV he must be 300 lbs and getting bigger.

I would say closer to 400 lbs.

Sure are a lot of shallow, brainless, ignorant a$$holes posting on this board.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
holy crap. This thread makes me wonder how many of our members are too fat to have opinions on things.

Frankly, I've said almost this exact same thing to members of this forum in the past, RCS and grainfed if I recall correctly, when I pointed out that knowing them is exactly why I am so anti-war, and that being against a war did NOT amount to me being against the soldiers.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yup! Shoot the messenger without even reading what he had to say. He is perfectly right. All these bozo who say they support the troops do absolutely nothing but pay lip servic like a bunch of parrots. I support our troops. Bring them home so they don't get killed fighting stupid wars that have nothing to do with defending Canada and everything to do with making the military/industrial complex fat cats richer. You don't have to like Michael, but at least read what he has to say before you flame the guy.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Cliffythebiffyman said:
You don't have to like Michael, but at least read what he has to say before you flame the guy.

True enough by why is he saying what he says?

We all know war is sh*t, we all know soldiers don't start wars, we all know soldiers are humans who love and are loved, we all know that soldiers aren't politicians, we all know soldiers risk their limbs and lives to protect us and the people of the nations they are sent to defend or rebuild.

So when it comes to saying it's lip service he's up his azz because the respect is there in our hearts if not always on our lips.

So what's his point other than self-promotion?

If you want to be rotten to the Corp be rotten to the Corp but why the fluff and bullsh*t claiming people don't care enough?

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually whether or not one agrees with him he has provided a forum for discussion.
Is that not the intent of a documentary?
There was some serious positions take some I totally agreed with and other not so much.
In any case he provided thought provoking discussion and gave some the ability to
engage in their daily quota of creative insults
What more can you ask for

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Honestly I skimmed the article - as in just read the basic points - and yet what little I did read, I did have to agree with to a point. It's one thing to say "I support our troops!"; it's another to actually DO something with those words (I'll read it over again later).

If what he said at the end is true, and he's making a point of hiring ex military to work for him, then he is, in effect, supporting the troops more than a lot of other people are. That he's trying to get other business' to do the same is also supporting them.

For myself, I've family in the military and if they ever needed anything, I'd bend over backwards to help them. Same with the friends I have that are in, too. If I were given a choice about where my tax dollars was to go, a large chunk of it would be to the military (just wish we had that choice).

Yet he does make a point; am I really that supportive if I'm not doing anything right now to help, whatever I can to help? How is that "supporting the troops"?

It's great people talk the talk, but very few walk the walk and I think that was his point and a good point it is.

Honestly, if all you can do is childishly make fun of his weight instead of something intelligent to what he said, why not just give your fingers a rest and not post at all? At least you would save yourselves from looking like schoolyard girlie-groups who have to cluck, cluck over someone's look.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
holy crap. This thread makes me wonder how many of our members are too fat to have opinions on things.

I think it has far less to do with the size of his waistline and far more to do with his political leanings that earn him all the vitriol. Those with more right leaning views will always take pot shots at him the same way that those with more left leaning views will always take shots at Rush Limbaugh. And the 'shots' are never restricted to just shooting down their opinions.

I'll be honest, I have a darker and often times inappropriate sense of humour. I chuckled at the first one or two posts, and I'm hardly a size two. After that it just kinda got old.

True enough by why is he saying what he says?

Why does anyone say what they say?

We all know war is sh*t, we all know soldiers don't start wars, we all know soldiers are humans who love and are loved, we all know that soldiers aren't politicians, we all know soldiers risk their limbs and lives to protect us and the people of the nations they are sent to defend or rebuild.

So when it comes to saying it's lip service he's up his azz because the respect is there in our hearts if not always on our lips.

So what's his point other than self-promotion?

If you want to be rotten to the Corp be rotten to the Corp but why the fluff and bullsh*t claiming people don't care enough?
We all know it and yet there are still homeless vets that slip through the cracks in the system that we ignore, there are still aging vets in homes who don't get visits, etc. So nothing he said is untrue per se.

It's an opinion piece, is anyone really shocked that he offered his opinion in it?

The way I look at it is that I use the same grain of salt when watching some of his films as I do watching CBC or reading Sun News, everybody, and I do mean everybody, is putting forth their information with a slant. There are times when I view his films and acknowledge a basic truth that I agree with and there are times when I roll my eyes at his theatrics, just like I do with Ezra or any of the other drama queens (many of them right here on this forum too.)