What's Michael Moore been up to?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
No, it was just a play on "You're hate on is showing."

Sure Cliff, keep up the bold front... Funny though how when it comes to the 3 C's, you and Spade lead the pack in hate.

Go figure, eh?

My mind doesn't think so much in words as it does in imagery.

That must be the most miserable place in the world

lol.

You're making a huge leap based on dislike for the meat of his article I suspect.

Comes down to this... Context is entirely subjective.

Also, while you choose to employ the colloquial perspective on the comment, I chose to take a more literal angle... Moore is in the communications business meaning he makes his money by effectively communicating to his target demographic. I simply won't believe that his skills are so limited that he 'accidentally' offered up duplicity in the meaning.

By the way, you suspect wrong.

I thought that the base sentiment by Moore is right on, the ideologues like Spade and Cliffy will never understand that - they see only what their preconceived ideals will allow... But in my eyes, that doesn't absolve Moore of the 'permission' that he published.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well I think we've beat this dead horse sufficiently between myself and you. Thanks for the chat. :)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
True enough by why is he saying what he says?

We all know war is sh*t, we all know soldiers don't start wars, we all know soldiers are humans who love and are loved, we all know that soldiers aren't politicians, we all know soldiers risk their limbs and lives to protect us and the people of the nations they are sent to defend or rebuild.

So when it comes to saying it's lip service he's up his azz because the respect is there in our hearts if not always on our lips.

So what's his point other than self-promotion?

If you want to be rotten to the Corp be rotten to the Corp but why the fluff and bullsh*t claiming people don't care enough?
Join Facebook and have a zillion American "friends" that want to promote their flag, guns, god, and babies all saying they support their troops and you will fully and completely understand exactly what he means.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Actually, Dude's been getting smaller....

Apparently he was doing some pondering I don't know if he was blogging, or tweeting or Facebooking but he was pondering why there are such a vast number of Americans on anti-depressants and someone replied to him they need to go for a walk. He then decided HE needed to go for a walk and has been walking for a half an hour a day. It has unintentionally started a Michael Mooore walking club. They walk for no other reason than to walk. He has apparently lost a lot of weight. Go Michael. !

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Change your scenario from a first person iteration of what I'm going to do with "I suggest that all first borns be strangled"... Now, take that statement and publish it with the MSM.

A little different now, isn't it

You don't think I could take that specific phrase and work it into a speech and have it come off as funny? I'm betting I can, lol.

Bottom line for me is that the words figuratively speaking are meant to convey "Um, no, I'm actually serious". Or, in other words, that what was said shouldn't be taken literally.

If anything I would have criticized his almost constant usage of "hey look, I'm just as bad as you" because, to me, when things get overused (irrespective of what the thing is that's getting overused) it starts to feel forced and contrived. So if I were going to criticize that piece, that's what I would choose to criticize...in other words, I'm really not defending the guy. I just happen to thing criticizing that one phrase is much ado about nothing.

But then I gotta remember that you crazy frenchmen look at things in your own way 'dere eh? ;)