Occupy Wall Street Fail


petros
#1111
Some chick died at OWS Vancouver.

Occupy Vancouver death dooms protest camp - British Columbia - CBC News
 
CDNBear
#1112
That's a shame.

I think the Mayors directive is a bit of an over reaction though.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#1113
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Some chick died at OWS Vancouver.

Occupy Vancouver death dooms protest camp - British Columbia - CBC News

I love the spin by the spokesperson -- she died of a drug overdose because they are protesting lack of addition services in Vancouver. Right. Not her fault she is addicted. She probably got her injection at the safe drug injection site across the street.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

That's a shame.

I think the Mayors directive is a bit of an over reaction though.

I do get the feeling he was waiting for the 1st opportunity.
 
petros
#1114
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

She probably got her injection at the safe drug injection site across the street.

Yeah the probably do shoot up in the A&W across the street on Georgia.
 
Locutus
#1115
Meanwhile, over in England:








Everyone's terribly sweet... but what a festival of drivel!



Every crank, dingbat and fanatic in Southern England has found his or her way to the camp by the steps of St Paul’s Cathedral. Given time, every faddist in Europe will arrive.

There are already plenty of North American accents.
Whatever your cause, it has a pavilion here, especially if it is a lost cause. The poor Kurds are represented. There are lots of those infuriatingly smug, self-satisfied Guy Fawkes masks.


There’s a Buddhist shrine next to an arrow marking the direction of Mecca.
Che Guevara, that old mass murderer, has his image on display.

There’s propaganda against the ‘persecution of sex workers’. The Socialist Workers Party, those latchers on to every passing procession, have a stall that looks a little too neat and tidy for the occasion.

Bolshevik discipline doesn’t really mesh with the world of Twitter and dope.

As George Orwell once said, such things attract the people he jeered at as ‘sandal-wearers’, ‘nudists’, ‘sex-maniacs’ and ‘vegetarians with wilting beards’ .  .  . the sort who are drawn to ‘progressive’ causes ‘like bluebottles to a dead cat’.




Read more nonsense here : Occupy London: Everyone's terribly sweet... but what a festival of drivel! | Mail Online
 
MHz
#1116
What Hollowwood company doesn't have their company listed on Wall Street or owners that don't also own stocks in other companies listed on Wall Street. Once Martin Sheen has lost it all perhaps you will see him in the ranks of the protesters, even any pro-sports player makes so much that they could not rightfully join the current throng of protesters.

Which of the list below could the 1% not eliminate entirely and still remain part of the 1%?

#1 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of “very poor” rose in 300 out of the 360 largest metropolitan areas during 2010.
#2 Last year, 2.6 million more Americans descended into poverty. That was the largest increase that we have seen since the U.S. government began keeping statistics on this back in 1959.
#3 It isn’t just the ranks of the “very poor” that are rising. The number of those just considered to be “poor” is rapidly increasing as well. Back in the year 2000, 11.3% of all Americans were living in poverty. Today, 15.1% of all Americans are living in poverty.
#4 The poverty rate for children living in the United States increased to 22% in 2010.
#5 There are 314 counties in the United States where at least 30% of the children are facing food insecurity.
#6 In Washington D.C., the “child food insecurity rate” is 32.3%.
#7 More than 20 million U.S. children rely on school meal programs to keep from going hungry.
#8 One out of every six elderly Americans now lives below the federal poverty line.
#9 Today, there are over 45 million Americans on food stamps.
#10 According to the Wall Street Journal, nearly 15 percent of all Americans are now on food stamps.
#11 In 2010, 42 percent of all single mothers in the United States were on food stamps.
#12 The number of Americans on food stamps has increased 74% since 2007.
#13 We are told that the economy is recovering, but the number of Americans on food stamps has grown by another 8 percent over the past year.
#14 Right now, one out of every four American children is on food stamps.
#15 It is being projected that approximately 50 percent of all U.S. children will be on food stamps at some point in their lives before they reach the age of 18.
#16 More than 50 million Americans are now on Medicaid. Back in 1965, only one out of every 50 Americans was on Medicaid. Today, approximately one out of every 6 Americans is on Medicaid.
#17 One out of every six Americans is now enrolled in at least one government anti-poverty program.
#18 The number of Americans that are going to food pantries and soup kitchens has increased by 46% since 2006.
#19 It is estimated that up to half a million children may currently be homeless in the United States.


Even in America's best years it was still well short of being able to provide anything equal to what is listed below, a list that is gone forever as it was the very reason for NATO's 'intervention'. Aren't you proud you supported the destruction of al;l these things?



16 Things Libya Will Never See Again
Posted by Saya on October 24, 2011

There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.

There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.

Having a home considered a human right in Libya.

All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.

Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.

If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.

If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.

The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.

Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.

If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.

A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

A mother who gives birth to a child receive U.S.$5,000.

40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15.

25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.

Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.


16 Things Libya Will Never See Again | Disinformation
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#1117
But he was a very bad man, so he had to go... right?

Mhz, you should not be confusing people with facts this early in the day. They might get indigestion from their coffee.
 
MHz
#1118
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

But he was a very bad man, so he had to go... right?

Mhz, you should not be confusing people with facts this early in the day. They might get indigestion from their coffee.

Are you quoting from 'Breaking Bad'?

Before 'they' actually wake up, what were the differences between the Dictatorship in Egypt and the one in Libya?
IMO Egypt was geared to having a 1% 'Elite' and a 99% 'have nots' and there was great opposition from the 'West' for any changes to that system (the Gaza border was opened for just 1 week as an example), Libya was geared to there still being a 1% 'Elite' and a 99% of 'not elites' who were much better off as far as living conditions yet that is the system the 'West' condemned.

What is missing from the above that makes the 'West' any better than supporting what living conditions that existed in England in the Middle Ages?
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#1119
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Are you quoting from 'Breaking Bad'?

Before 'they' actually wake up, what were the differences between the Dictatorship in Egypt and the one in Libya?
IMO Egypt was geared to having a 1% 'Elite' and a 99% 'have nots' and there was great opposition from the 'West' for any changes to that system (the Gaza border was opened for just 1 week as an example), Libya was geared to there still being a 1% 'Elite' and a 99% of 'not elites' who were much better off as far as living conditions yet that is the system the 'West' condemned.

What is missing from the above that makes the 'West' any better than supporting what living conditions that existed in England in the Middle Ages?

I was being facetious.

Gaddafi pissed off the World Bankers and the oil cartels. That is the crime he committed that got him killed by mercenary "rebels". He was about to nationalize their oil and create an African currency that would be debt free, in other words free from the tyranny of the World Bank and the Fed. That is why he was a "very bad man". (that is also an expression from an old video game called Shadow Warrior)
 
MHz
#1120
The West could eliminate the first list and have the 2nd list for all it's people and still have a class that would qualify for the same life-style they now enjoy. Apparently they are not as bright as they claim to be, that is just a hard fact.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#1121
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

The West could eliminate the first list and have the 2nd list for all it's people and still have a class that would qualify for the same life-style they now enjoy. Apparently they are not as bright as they claim to be, that is just a hard fact.

Sounds like Libya is a workers paradise.
How much trouble is it to immigrate there, do you need a visa?
Are they being overrun by less affluent Africans wanting to share their bounty as with Mexicans in the American south?
So many Questions.
I really can't understand why so many Somalis want to come to North America when Libya is right around the corner.
Please MHz enlighten me.
 
Angstrom
Liberal
#1122
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Sounds like Libya is a workers paradise.
How much trouble is it to immigrate there, do you need a visa?
Are they being overrun by less affluent Africans wanting to share their bounty as with Mexicans in the American south?
So many Questions.
I really can't understand why so many Somalis want to come to North America when Libya is right around the corner.
Please MHz enlighten me.


Cause they knew Libya was going to get the F-bombed out of it for disobeying and refusing
to do as it was told by Canada Europe and the USA?

Those people that want to immigrate here have lived under the law of the strongest all there lives.
They very well know we are. Not Libya

Whats this got to do with Occupy fail anyways?

Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

The Bank of Canada Governor and new global Banking Sheriff Mark Carney:


And that's why Canada is not in the same situation then USA. We have people in charge with some grip on reality
 
MHz
#1123
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

Whats this got to do with Occupy fail anyways?

Probably pointing out that most of the world is probably unaware of just how bad the economy is in North America. They probably still have the impression that is still in the boom that followed WWII
 
Angstrom
Liberal
#1124
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Probably pointing out that most of the world is probably unaware of just how bad the economy is in North America. They probably still have the impression that is still in the boom that followed WWII

Well I buy everything made in Canada or USA if Its available. Even if it means paying 2 times more.
That's the only solution I see to beating our economic problem.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
#1125
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayzView Post

He's there to observe the lunatics, and acting undercover is a LEGAL tactic.

Epic fail Gopher.

lol no kidding. And they weren't even undercover, just plain clothes.

Epic epic fail.

 
petros
#1126
Hooray for al Qaeda!!!

Flying proudly over the birthplace of Libya's revolution, the flag of Al Qaeda | Mail Online
 
Tonington
+1
#1127
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Rex Murphy: Forget Wall Street, Occupy Hollywood
You hear it in every little encampment in every city that has a franchise in the current “Occupy” protests: The righteous tent-and-yurt people are against “greed.”
They see greed as the demonic dynamo of a rapacious capitalism (and its maidservant, “income inequality”). And what represents greed better than mega-payoffs, dazzling bonuses and stock options, for very little actual work, and sometimes even when performance is far below par? It is only to be expected that the high-flying brokers, bankers and CEOs that cluster like flies around the honey pots of Wall Street, who waltz off with payoffs that would shame a Croesus, are the occupiers’ main targets.
I suggest, however, that by limiting their wrath to the sharks and swine of Wall Street, they are, if I may say, shortchanging themselves. There are many venues and theatres of greed other than the stock market. And they are tenanted by agents of ferocity and appetite equal to any gold-lusting shill at an investment bank. Greed has many McMansions, and they are all worth the “occupying.”
more
Rex Murphy: Forget Wall Street, Occupy Hollywood | Full Comment | National Post

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Rex seems to be labouring under some false notions. It's the greed of Wall Street that has drawn the protesters, not greed itself. Does Rex actually believe that Hollywood has much of a hand in steering the economy? Wall Street as a focal point is banal and obvious, because the problem is both banal, and obvious...

So verbose. So off track. Poor form Rex.
 
petros
+1
#1128
Stick it to the Man.
 
Locutus
#1129
Personal and corporate greed and financial irresponsibility, nanny state-ism, legislative insanity followed by the 'better him than me' and 'entitlement' syndromes.




But back to the displays of assholory:


Occupy Eureka protesters accused of assault, public defecation




It seems that the Occupy Wall Street protesters in New York's Zuccotti Park are not the only ones who like defecating on the doorways of local area businesses.
The North Coast Journal reported that someone - allegedly an Occupy Eureka protester - made a similar deposit at a US Bank branch in Eureka, CA.
Citing a press release from the Eureka Police Department, the Journal reported:


At about 8:09 am (Friday), Officers responded to the 5th Street branch of US Bank for a biohazard report. A US Bank representative reported that she came to work to find an unknown subject(s) had urinated and defecated in the entry way to the bank. This is the second occurrence of this type at US Bank this week.
While taking the biohazard report, the officer was also advised that a complaint had been made to US Bank by a customer concerning being surrounded and harassed by subjects from the “Occupy” group, when they attempted to use the US Bank ATM.


more...

Occupy Eureka protesters accused of assault, public defecation - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#1130
Police are not engaging in violence in order to incite counter action by protesters?

Explain this one:

Shot by police with rubber bullet at Occupy Oakland - YouTube




Takes a genuine right wing lunatic to deny it. But we'll see ...
 
Locutus
#1131
3 Charged With Dealing Crack; Occupy Boston ‘Deteriorating’



BOSTON (CBS) – Three people arrested Thursday night inside the Occupy Boston camp have been charged with dealing crack cocaine.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Carl Stevens, who spent the night at the camp a few weeks ago, talked to a man who spends most nights at Occupy Boston. He said things have gone downhill.
“Things have changed drastically. It seems to be deteriorating,” the man told Carl. “A lot of drug use, alcohol use, people getting into fights… It’s deteriorating pretty quick.”



There’s a growing concern among police that people getting out of prison are coming here for the free food and shelter.
Mayor Menino’s sentiment reflects that concern.
“They have a message that’s not a clear message. The problem we have today is that we have different groups infiltrating the people who have the message. We have anarchists who are part of the group. We have homeless individuals who are part of the group,” Menino told WBZ NewsRadio 1030.


more


3 Charged With Dealing Crack; Occupy Boston ‘Deteriorating’ « CBS Boston







Occupy Portland: Head and Body Lice Outbreak Announced in OP Encampment! Nov 5, 2011


Occupy Portland Head and Body Lice Outbreak Announced in OP Encampment Nov 5 2011 - YouTube

 
CDNBear
+3
#1132
Hmmm, "lie down with dog, you're bound to get fleas"...
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
+2
#1133
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Police are not engaging in violence in order to incite counter action by protesters?




Takes a genuine right wing lunatic to deny it. But we'll see ...

Protesters in Oakland are using violence when police try to move them. I think using a rubber bullet is showing a lot of restraint.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#1134
Yep, nothing to better enhance the credibility of a protest than a bunch of crack heads!

Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Personal and corporate greed and financial irresponsibility, nanny state-ism, legislative insanity followed by the 'better him than me' and 'entitlement' syndromes.




But back to the displays of assholory:


Occupy Eureka protesters accused of assault, public defecation




I'm not sure that the organizers are putting out their best people!
 
Locutus
#1135
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Protesters in Oakland are using violence when police try to move them. I think using a rubber bullet is showing a lot of restraint.



If it was unwarranted, appropriate action may be taken against the officer.

However, almost all these types of videos begin after something else was done, said, thrown or maybe even commanded (repeatedly) by the police. The order to clear out now, you have to leave by 10 pm., not cross the street etc may just have been repeated by loudspeaker for 10 minutes prior to the start of what we saw. Could be one of those "I was just standing there, minding my own business, eating a tuna sandwich"...when all of a sudden...blah blah blah.

Time will tell eh.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#1136
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post



If it was unwarranted, appropriate action may be taken against the officer.

However, almost all these types of videos begin after something else was done, said, thrown or maybe even commanded (repeatedly) by the police. The order to clear out now, you have to leave by 10 pm., not cross the street etc may just have been repeated by loudspeaker for 10 minutes prior to the start of what we saw. Could be one of those "I was just standing there, minding my own business, eating a tuna sandwich"...when all of a sudden...blah blah blah.

Time will tell eh.



Smart people just don't put themselves in a position at a location unnecessarily where potential harm could come to them, whether they are minding their own business or not.

[/FONT]
 
DaSleeper
+1
#1137
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Smart people just don't put themselves in a position at a location unnecessarily where potential harm could come to them, whether they are minding their own business or not.

Tsk tsk You're assuming that all of OWS are smart people????
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#1138
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Tsk tsk You're assuming that all of OWS are smart people????

NO- But I AM assuming that they are there partly for the reason, at least, that THEY think they are!
 
Angstrom
Liberal
#1139
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Police are not engaging in violence in order to incite counter action by protesters?

Explain this one:

Shot by police with rubber bullet at Occupy Oakland - YouTube




Takes a genuine right wing lunatic to deny it. But we'll see ...

OWS = more hours for police officers = double time = faster payments of there loans(houses)........

Maybe the police do want to fuel the protest. =) This things like a gold mine, I guess i'd be tempted to milk it too.

OH! I found a nice song enjoy

http://youtu.be/xkBdDwAd2Kk
Last edited by Angstrom; Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:41 AM..
 
EagleSmack
#1140
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

OWS = more hours for police officers = double time = faster payments of there loans(houses)........

Maybe the police do want to fuel the protest. =) This things like a gold mine, I guess i'd be tempted to milk it too.

You are correct. It is costing the cities LOTS of money in Police overtime. NY City is up to $2 Million and Boston is reported to be about $1.5 Million.

I do not think it is milking. I bet they are enjoying the OT pay but there needs to be a Police presence at these OWS locations as they are attracting all classes of the 99%.

Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post



Occupy Portland: Head and Body Lice Outbreak Announced in OP Encampment! Nov 5, 2011

Well they can now experience what 100% of Civil War and WWI veterans went through.
 

Similar Threads

3
Obama’s fight with Wall Street
by Liberalman | Apr 23rd, 2010
5
Mushroom Cloud over Wall Street
by darkbeaver | Oct 21st, 2008
8
Wall Street is greedy?
by YoungJoonKim | Sep 26th, 2008
0
Wall Street Journal: Industrious Albion
by Blackleaf | Nov 7th, 2006
no new posts