Occupy Wall Street Fail

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
If only it was that easy.

Ok "where does the money come from the satisfy the save the planet crowd"? It comes from the controllers of course who can best be saved while we are busy saving a planet not in the least bit of danger .

I do not disagree, but apparently, there are those that strongly believe that a 'solution' to something must be forwarded and that solution will cost money (or as you out it: labour).

So my question boils down to this... Seeing how the sentiment is to abolish Wall Street, where do we source the capital/labour to achieve this imaginary 'solution'?

Is it to be donated by volunteers? Green Peace, David Suzuki?.. Who do we approach for this labour that no one is prepared to pay for?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I do not disagree, but apparently, there are those that strongly believe that a 'solution' to something must be forwarded and that solution will cost money (or as you out it: labour).

So my question boils down to this... Seeing how the sentiment is to abolish Wall Street, where do we source the capital/labour to achieve this imaginary 'solution'?

Is it to be donated by volunteers? Green Peace, David Suzuki?.. Who do we approach for this labour that no one is prepared to pay for?

In the case of "wall street" the labour (boots) to effect the change is already on the ground. Popular movements of this sort and scope are frightening to the ruling order. Like the Arab spring it will grow sideways and out of control of those financial elements who planned to co opt the movement they knew to be an eventuality. The most powerful things cannot be bought by money. There is no equal to the power of labour. The gift returns many times. A state of war will exist on this continent. That is a certainty. Avoiding that (in this economic climate) would be a precedent I think. No I'm not crazy. The form is thousands of years in practice, in control, at the top, the construction phase is over, the destruction phase has already begun, returns are secured either way. The third side always wins, right up until they lose.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

You don't approach them or ask for donations... you seize it from them! You make them "labour". You take the money for the prolitariate to be distributed evenly. However, you will need a committee to oversee what has been seized and to see that it is properly distributed... a "Party" if you will. Distribution of wealth will be difficult at first but eventually we will have a paradise, a worker's paradise. Until then the Party will hold the wealth and power for the common good. Anyone who speaks of unfairness will be deemed an enemy of the people and disciplined accordingly.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You don't approach them or ask for donations... you seize it from them! You make them "labour". You take the money for the prolitariate to be distributed evenly. However, you will need a committee to oversee what has been seized and to see that it is properly distributed... a "Party" if you will. Distribution of wealth will be difficult at first but eventually we will have a paradise, a worker's paradise. Until then the Party will hold the wealth and power for the common good. Anyone who speaks of unfairness will be deemed an enemy of the people and disciplined accordingly.
A rather limited view of reality or the future. Capitalism or communism - Duality: good versus evil. No allowance for grey areas allowed. If this movement is allowed to be organic in nature, it will reinvent social and economic realities. The future is inevitable. Resistance is futile. There is nothing to lose but your servitude and fear.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

This sounds a lot like representative democracy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
A rather limited view of reality or the future. Capitalism or communism - Duality: good versus evil. No allowance for grey areas allowed. If this movement is allowed to be organic in nature, it will reinvent social and economic realities. The future is inevitable. Resistance is futile. There is nothing to lose but your servitude and fear.

Yes it was a simplistic summary... but on the mark in my opinion. They basically want to take and distribute. I also left off they want to be forgiven of debt that they accumulated.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Amen. Unflexable rule of law decided by the people through democracy would be nice..

Yup. A lot of people misconstrue republics as being the opposite of democracy. It's not as you can have a democracy infused with republic control - which all that really means is that while we democratically vote members into office, we have a greater scope of control over the length of their term and those members are better held accountable.

It's partly why the republic of China works well (even though it's one of the crazy commie nations).

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Yup. A lot of people misconstrue republics as being the opposite of democracy. It's not as you can have a democracy infused with republic control - which all that really means is that while we democratically vote members into office, we have a greater scope of control over the length of their term.

Yeah, I remember when all of the Eastern European nations had the word 'Democratic' or 'Republic' in its title... Still didn't offer much in the area of "democracy" as we come to know it, but they did keep the Gulags busy though.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Yeah, I remember when all of the Eastern European nations had the word 'Democratic' or 'Republic' in its title... Still didn't offer much in the area of "democracy" as we come to know it, but they did keep the Gulags busy though.

Yes, when I throw these words around I also expect that they actually employ them in real life as well. :)

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Ahhh, I see.... Here's an old adage that you might want to take note of:

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Regrettably, humanity ain't a pretty thing much of the time.

That's why we all need to go for a walk in the desert after ingesting a heroic dose of psybocilic mushrooms. ;)

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
That's why we all need to go for a walk in the desert after ingesting a heroic dose of psybocilic mushrooms. ;)

Count me in on that... It'd be a scream to record the conversation. Just think of how many problems that could be solved whilst under the influence - at least we'd think we solved them. (There was an occasion some years ago where I was able to come up with an argument that - in my eyes - refuted the theory of relativity... All based on color schemes..)

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Count me in on that... It'd be a scream to record the conversation. Just think of how many problems that could be solved whilst under the influence - at least we'd think we solved them. (There was an occasion some years ago where I was able to come up with an argument that - in my eyes - refuted the theory of relativity... All based on color schemes..)

I'm assuming you've read the CERN news? :)

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I'm assuming you've read the CERN news? :)

I just looked up a link on that... Maybe I was ahead of my time?... Nah, I doubt it... After refuting the theory of relativity, I wrote down all the words/lyrics to the Spiderman theme song.

Interestingly enough... I can remember the words to the song, but not to my ground-breaking, color-safe theory.

Damn!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Exactly. I need a good man for VPP, can you start monday next?