Occupy Wall Street Fail


petros
+1
#691

Quote:

Knowledge is the corner stone for the development of a solid understanding of a
subject.

Maybe someday Wall Street will be a tourist destination too?

Hey look. It leans to the "right"!
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#692
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Are you gooing to buy a Tata? Yes? No? Why or why not?

$6000 in materials and labour is obscene but charging $40K for a truck is peachy keen?

$4,000 per car just for the pension contribution alone.

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

You write that like you know what it means.

C'mon TenPenny... All this flattery and attention is making me blush
 
petros
#693
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

$4,000 per car just for the pension contribution alone.

Is that the pensions lost in derivative investments?
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#694
Nope
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#695
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

It would be great if the money didn't go to build plants in China and Russia. GM sold more vehicles in China this year than they did in the US.

Now that's what I call taking responisibity.

So they should stop selling cars in China?
 
TenPenny
#696
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Is that the pensions lost in derivative investments?

No, they lost much more than that. But it's okay, because the pension plan now owns tons of GM stock. And since management is not responsible for the direction of the company, the union is truly in their own hands.
 
petros
#697
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Nope

If they didn't charge 700% mark up they wouldn't have to pay so much for the robots.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#698
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

No, they lost much more than that. But it's okay, because the pension plan now owns tons of GM stock. And since management is not responsible for the direction of the company, the union is truly in their own hands.


Ironic, ain't it.

One wonders if we're to see a long-lived honeymoon between mgmt and labour now that the union has to participate in the actual profitability of the operations.
 
petros
#699
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

No, they lost much more than that. But it's okay, because the pension plan now owns tons of GM stock. And since management is not responsible for the direction of the company, the union is truly in their own hands.

Bailed out by the employees. That means good old fashioned profit sharing?
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#700
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

If they didn't charge 700% mark up they wouldn't have to pay so much for the robots.


The markup is only 18%

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Bailed out by the employees. That means good old fashioned profit sharing?


... And risk sharing!
 
petros
#701
18%? Where can I buy a $7100 vehicle? Tata India?
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
+1
#702
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post




... And risk sharing!

GM's previous management was great at taking risks, assuming consumers would buy massive SUV's perpetually.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#703
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

18%? Where can I buy a $7100 vehicle? Tata India?


Hayseed accounting practices and operations analysis won't cut it buddy.
 
petros
#704
When is Tata going to make a 1/2t? Or should I keep my bail out free 2012 F150?

I wonder if bail out free Ford union employees invested in GM too?
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#705
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

GM's previous management was great at taking risks, assuming consumers would buy massive SUV's perpetually.

People still are buying SUV's.. But understand that the risk exposure gets bigger and bigger as the costs increase.

Petros brings up a good point on this. Why can Tata build and sell a car for $2,500 (I believe that this is the price for their cheap model) and that would not even come close to the cost of materials & installation of the interior of a Ford or GM?

North American mfgrs aren't competing directly with Tata, but the principle exists in terms of competition with Honda, Hyundia, Toyota, etc... If Petros wants "good old fashioned profit sharing", he had better be prepared to accept his share of good old fashioned risk as well as contribute a good old fashioned effort in representing fair inputs and productivity.
 
petros
#706
Why did Tata need your and my money to set up a $2500 car line?

I wonder if bail out free Ford union employees invested in GM and Fiat/Tata too?

How did Ford manage to not need bail outs Captain?
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#707
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

When is Tata going to make a 1/2t? Or should I keep my bail out free 2012 F150?

2012 Ford 1/2 ton, eh? I guess that makes you a 1%er.

Are you feeling just a little guilty that you have supported a mega corp with obscene profits? The senior execs getting million dollar bonuses?

Neofascist, elitist, corporate pig!
 
petros
#708
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

2012 Ford 1/2 ton, eh?

Yessiree. Union made and bail out free.

Oh and I don't owe a penny on it either.
 
TenPenny
#709
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Petros brings up a good point on this. Why can Tata build and sell a car for $2,500 (I believe that this is the price for their cheap model) and that would not even come close to the cost of materials & installation of the interior of a Ford or GM?
.

If you have looked at that Tata car, you would see how it's done. It's a piece of garbage that couldn't possibly meet North American safety standards. It's everything you would expect a $2,500 car to be.
 
petros
#710
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

If you have looked at that Tata car, you would see how it's done. It's a piece of garbage that couldn't possibly meet North American safety standards. It's everything you would expect a $2,500 car to be.

Didn't you know? It's cheaper to hire robots in India.
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
#711
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

People still are buying SUV's.. But understand that the risk exposure gets bigger and bigger as the costs increase.

Petros brings up a good point on this. Why can Tata build and sell a car for $2,500 (I believe that this is the price for their cheap model) and that would not even come close to the cost of materials & installation of the interior of a Ford or GM?

North American mfgrs aren't competing directly with Tata, but the principle exists in terms of competition with Honda, Hyundia, Toyota, etc... If Petros wants "good old fashioned profit sharing", he had better be prepared to accept his share of good old fashioned risk as well as contribute a good old fashioned effort in representing fair inputs and productivity.

People are still buying SUV's but generally not the 6 litre- V8 monstrosities leading into the recession.

Where can I buy a TATA in Canada?
 
petros
#712
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Where can I buy a TATA in Canada?

Tata in North America (external - login to view)
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
#713
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Tata in North America (external - login to view)

You can buy a Jaguar from them apparently but I don't see anything for their TATA line of cars in Canada.
 
Tonington
+1
#714
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

GM's previous management was great at taking risks, assuming consumers would buy massive SUV's perpetually.

Yep, they weren't risk averse...sex, nuts, and retard strong. Sell them big SUV's!

Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

You can buy a Jaguar from them apparently but I don't see anything for their TATA line of cars in Canada.

I doubt the Tata would meet our highway standards.
 
petros
#715
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

You can buy a Jaguar from them apparently but I don't see anything for their TATA line of cars in Canada.

When are the next bail outs scheduled so they can buy a ship or two to send them on over?
 
TenPenny
#716
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

When are the next bail outs scheduled so they can buy a ship or two to send them on over?

I think Tata is getting handouts for their iron ore mines in Labrador now.
 
petros
#717
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

I think Tata is getting handouts for their iron ore mines in Labrador now.

Yes they are. It's nice to know Canadian metals can be shipped clear across the globe for robots in India to make cars.

Talk about something being "on your nickel" huh?
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#718
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

You can buy a Jaguar from them apparently but I don't see anything for their TATA line of cars in Canada.

I'm not suggesting that Tata cars are suitable (safety or practically) for Canada, but the question remains, why is there such a divide in the costs?

Answer that question and you can pass it along to Petros who is questioning why the N. American mfgrs are looking to India for the ops.
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
+1
#719
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

I'm not suggesting that Tata cars are suitable (safety or practically) for Canada, but the question remains, why is there such a divide in the costs?

Answer that question and you can pass it along to Petros who is questioning why the N. American mfgrs are looking to India for the ops.

My hunch is they have far less regulations (not always a good thing, remember Union Carbide?), labour is dirt cheap and India has a booming middle class with all the Canadian jobs we shipped over there.
 
petros
#720
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

I'm not suggesting that Tata cars are suitable (safety or practically) for Canada, but the question remains, why is there such a divide in the costs?

Robots are cheaper to run in India. Didn't you know that?
 

Similar Threads

3
Obama’s fight with Wall Street
by Liberalman | Apr 23rd, 2010
5
Mushroom Cloud over Wall Street
by darkbeaver | Oct 21st, 2008
8
Wall Street is greedy?
by YoungJoonKim | Sep 26th, 2008
0
Wall Street Journal: Industrious Albion
by Blackleaf | Nov 7th, 2006
no new posts