Occupy Wall Street Fail


captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#631
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

To blame it on laziness is an even bigger stretch.

Prove it

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

No, I'm blaming the parents for letting the kids stay around doing nothing. A parent's job is to raise their kids, not let them sit around and then whine about how the kids sit around.


Yeah, sure... All of that comment in the face of the whinny rants of the Occupiers.

Spare me please.
 
TenPenny
#632
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Spare me please.


Spare you from responsibility? Why would we do that? Just because you don't understand the concept? That's rather a silly point of view.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#633
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Spare you from responsibility?

No... Spare me from being forced to assume responsibility for you.
 
TenPenny
+1
#634
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

No... Spare me from being forced to assume responsibility for you.

Is that you, dad? I thought you were dead, we burned you, and dumped your ashes in the river.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
#635
Yes... It's your dad.. Now stop being such a ***** and grow up will ya?
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#636
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

No, I'm blaming the parents for letting the kids stay around doing nothing. A parent's job is to raise their kids, not let them sit around and then whine about how the kids sit around.

If the kids are lazy, it's because they were raised to be that way. If the parents are being taken advantage of, it's because they allow it.
It's called responsibility; try it some time.

You are being a little simplistic and possibly naive. I've known families where the siblings run the gamut from industrious to bone lazy, so there is more at play here than parental influence.
 
TenPenny
#637
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

You are being a little simplistic and possibly naive. I've known families where the siblings run the gamut from industrious to bone lazy, so there is more at play here than parental influence.

I didn't say there wasn't more to it. However, if the parents allow the kids to sit around the house at 25 years old, you have to blame the parents at least partly. The parents allow it to happen, at age 18, they don't have to allow the kids to stay in the house.
 
EagleSmack
#638
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Look at me! Look what I can do!

Canadian Protester In Custody After Climbing Giant Sculpture



NEW YORK, N.Y. - A 24-year-old man from Toronto was taken into police custody Saturday after scaling a massive sculpture at the site of the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations in New York.
New York police were called to Manhattan's Zuccotti Park after the man was spotted on a landing about halfway up a bright red, 70-foot abstract sculpture called Joie de Vivre.
The man told police he wouldn't come down until New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg resigned and all police officers left the park.



video of the drama queen:


Occupy Wall Street: Canadian Protester In Custody After Climbing Giant Sculpture (external - login to view)


Get your own protest!
 
Locutus
+2
#639
They want $lice of the occu-pie


Even in Zuccotti Park, greed is good.
Occupy Wall Street’s Finance Committee has nearly $500,000 in the bank, and donations continue to pour in -- but its reluctance to share the wealth with other protesters is fraying tempers.

Some drummers -- incensed they got no money to replace or safeguard their drums after a midnight vandal destroyed their instruments Wednesday -- are threatening to splinter off.
“F--k Finance. I hope Mayor Bloomberg (external - login to view)gets an injunction and demands to see the movement’s books. We need to know how much money we really have and where it’s going,” said a frustrated Bryan Smith, 45, who joined OWS in Lower Manhattan nearly three weeks ago from Los Angeles, where he works in TV production.

Smith is a member of the Comfort Working Group -- one of about 30 small collectives that have sprung up within OWS. The Comfort group is charged with finding out what basic necessities campers need, like thermal underwear, and then raising money by soliciting donations on the street.
“The other day, I took in $2,000. I kept $650 for my group, and gave the rest to Finance. Then I went to them with a request -- so many people need things, and they should not be going without basic comfort items -- and I was told to fill out paperwork. Paperwork! Are they the government now?” Smith fumed, even as he cajoled the passing crowd for more cash.

Read more: Tensions grow at Occupy Wall Street as money and power struggles fester behind-the-scenes - NYPOST.com (external - login to view)
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#640

Meltdown pt 2-4 The Secret History of the Global Financial Collapse 2010 - YouTube

 
petros
#641
Is Wall Street still too big to fail?

Apparently everything on Wall Street seems to turn to ****. It's the world's colon.
 
Locutus
+1
#642
So here's the NYT reporter that is participating in OWS planning meetings.

'Reporter'?


She appears at 1:30 of the vid.

» New Video Reveals: New York Times Reporter Natasha Lennard Is #OccupyWallStreet Activist, Supporter - Big Government
 
DaSleeper
+1
#643
Who would have thought a New York Times reporter would do that....they are not left wing...no they are not
 
petros
#644
How many "wings" does it take for this to fly?




With just one wing even slightly bigger than the other it will fly in circles.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#645
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

So here's the NYT reporter that is participating in OWS planning meetings.

'Reporter'?


She appears at 1:30 of the vid.

» New Video Reveals: New York Times Reporter Natasha Lennard Is #OccupyWallStreet Activist, Supporter - Big Government


You can bet that she'll be pissing and moaning about her pending dismissal - you know, her right to be employed and how she's entitled to abuse that position to achieve her own ends.

Ironically, it seems that she'll now truly be one of the 99%
 
petros
#646
What is the difference between a reporter and a journalist?
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#647
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

You can bet that she'll be pissing and moaning about her pending dismissal - you know, her right to be employed and how she's entitled to abuse that position to achieve her own ends.

Ironically, it seems that she'll now truly be one of the 99%

What is it like to be one of the 1%? Do you feel above it all? Do you occupy a position of superiority?
 
petros
#648
He's in the 99 just like the rest of us.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#649
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

He's in the 99 just like the rest of us.

Wouldn't that make all the detractors of Occupy Wall Street self loathing?
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#650
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

What is the difference between a reporter and a journalist?


Journalist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)
 
petros
+1
#651
Yup but don't tell them that. Reality headaches are a bitch.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
#652
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

What is it like to be one of the 1%? Do you feel above it all? Do you occupy a position of superiority?


Is that how you feel Cliffy? Maligned and discounted?.. A couple of things here:

I do what I do, and achieve the goals I set for my own ends... And while you're welcome to speculate all you like, I don't give a rat's *** if it hurts your feelings or not or reminds you of missed opportunities or milestones never achieved... In the end, you commentary is simply a transference of your misgivings onto someone else - time to grow up Cliffy and accept responsibility for yourself, your actions and the decisions that you've made.
 
petros
#653
Quote:

accept responsibility for yourself, your actions and the decisions that you've
made.

and that's why Cliffy didn't need a bail out and worked through his misgivings and triumphed all by his lonesome?
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
#654
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Is that how you feel Cliffy? Maligned and discounted?.. A couple of things here:

I do what I do, and achieve the goals I set for my own ends... And while you're welcome to speculate all you like, I don't give a rat's *** if it hurts your feelings or not or reminds you of missed opportunities or milestones never achieved... In the end, you commentary is simply a transference of your misgivings onto someone else - time to grow up Cliffy and accept responsibility for yourself, your actions and the decisions that you've made.

While some rich people are real bastards like those who swindle unsuspecting victims out of their life savings and actively seek out their victims, I think most protestors are misguided by their own frustration. A lot of rich people benefit by the deliberate stupidity of the lower and middle income groups. No one forces a person to borrow money at 28% and higher. That is not to say that I don't think these "Payday" loan sharks shouldn't be shut down. They definitely should or at least severely curtailed. No one forces people to rush out to buy the junk advertised on T.V. at inflated prices. One thing I've learned in my life is I have to look after my money, no one else is going to, even the banks. The banks are only a good tool as long as the depositer takes charge.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#655
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

and that's why Cliffy didn't need a bail out and worked through his misgivings and triumphed all by his lonesome?


When were you bailed-out?.. Was that on the farming end or the drilling end.. Both?
 
petros
#656
When did I become Cliffy? Is this some sort of weird Star Trek episode?

Names names of those on Wall St that took responsibility for their misgivings and errors and triumphed over their shortcomings independently.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
#657
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

While some rich people are real bastards like those who swindle unsuspecting victims out of their life savings and actively seek out their victims

There are lots of poor people and middle income people that are real bastards and won't bat an eye in caving-in your skull with a tire iron or busting up your knees with a bat to get whatever cash is in your wallet... Going into work to earn a few bucks is pretty hard when you can't walk.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I think most protestors are misguided by their own frustration.

These protesters don't even know what they're upset about.... Really JLM; they're upset because someone is making more money than them?

They're upset at 'corporate greed' when damn near everyone of them are running around with smart phones, designer clothes, iPods and $200 birkenstocks.... They are collectively the poster children for everything they do not support!

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

A lot of rich people benefit by the deliberate stupidity of the lower and middle income groups.

So do a lot of poor people and so do a lot of middle income people.


Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

One thing I've learned in my life is I have to look after my money, no one else is going to, even the banks. The banks are only a good tool as long as the depositer takes charge.

And herein lies the problem JLM.... You have learned this lesson and taken the necessary steps to protect yourself.... But you can take heart in that there are all kinds of folks that didn't take those steps - made specific decisions to defer or outright ignore their personal responsibilities - and you'll be on the hook through your taxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

When did I become Cliffy? Is this some sort of weird Star Trek episode?


So, the answer is bailed-out on the drilling side and the agri side.

Gotcha
Last edited by captain morgan; Oct 24th, 2011 at 09:32 AM..
 
TenPenny
+2
#658
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post


And herein lies the problem JLM.... You have learned this lesson and taken the necessary steps to protect yourself.... But you can take heart in that there are all kinds of folks that didn't take those steps - made specific decisions to defer or outright ignore their personal responsibilities - and you'll be on the hook through your taxes.

I agree; it burns my *** that my taxes have gone to support GM and the banks and investment firms, who don't understand the concept of managing money, and pay their executives million dollar bonuses to drive the company into bankruptcy.

It's a shame that those people don't have to live up to their personal responsibilities.
 
petros
#659
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post


So, the answer is bailed-out on the drilling side and the agri side.

Gotcha

Neither.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#660
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

I agree; it burns my *** that my taxes have gone to support GM and the banks and investment firms, who don't understand the concept of managing money, and pay their executives million dollar bonuses to drive the company into bankruptcy.

It's a shame that those people don't have to live up to their personal responsibilities.

I'd have no problem if you let GM go titters.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Neither.

Except through the CWB though, right?
 

Similar Threads

3
Obama’s fight with Wall Street
by Liberalman | Apr 23rd, 2010
5
Mushroom Cloud over Wall Street
by darkbeaver | Oct 21st, 2008
8
Wall Street is greedy?
by YoungJoonKim | Sep 26th, 2008
0
Wall Street Journal: Industrious Albion
by Blackleaf | Nov 7th, 2006
no new posts