Occupy Wall Street Fail

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Now these *******s are pestering private businesses.

Classy.

You are really quite clueless on this matter, not a huge surprise really.

Former Financial Regulator William Black Occupy Wall Street A Counter to White-Collar Fraud - YouTube

Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Fired Occupy LA antisemitic Teacher quotJews run out of 109 Countries We Need To Run Them Out Tooquot - YouTube

So Colpy, are these Jews anti-semitic?

The group said on its Facebook page, "There is no more important time than right now to be present, really present, in the streets of the United States to decry the injustice of those who are suffering under crushing debt, foreclosure, lack of healthcare; to decry the injustice that the one percent who brought the economy down are still in their offices 'earning' bonuses while the other ninety-nine percent of us are trying to figure out how to make it to the end of the month."

PressTV - Jews celebrate Sukkot at 'Occupy Los Angeles' protest (VIDEO)

EagleSmack
+3

Now these *******s are pestering private businesses.

Classy.

What do you expect from them. They are greedy and they want what other people have earned.

Just like one of the Occupiers said...

"F*** bosses... I don't want to work for anyone."

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

What do you expect from them. They are greedy and they want what other people have earned.

Just like one of the Occupiers said...

"F*** bosses... I don't want to work for anyone."

I expect these spastics to do whatever the unions, 'activists' and other backers say they do. Jedi Mindtricks. It's a social trollathon man.

But even these dolts will awake soon enough from being manipulated. Unless they're Hale Bopper's.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of independent thought. Repeat after me...

Well, expect for the toe-sniffer up here in Toronto.

mentalfloss
+1
Occupy Wall Street: The Right Focus

Pro: A Growing Disparity

Economic inequality has been growing steadily for three decades. According to the most definitive data, assembled by economists Emmanuel Saez and Thomas Piketty, the top 1 percent received 10 percent of all U.S. income in 1979. By 2007, just before the Great Recession, that share had risen to 23 percent.

What most Americans don’t know, however, is that before the late 1970s, inequality had been falling for five decades. The Golden Age of capitalism—the 30 years from the end of World War II through the mid-1970s, when gross domestic product, wages, and incomes grew faster than at any comparable period in American history—was marked not by financial excesses and widening inequality, but by equalizing growth and broadly shared prosperity.

Of course, not every Occupy Wall Street protester has reviewed the hard data. But the thread running through the range of grievances voiced at occupations around the country is anger over high and rising inequality.

Few measures would help the long-term health of the economy more than reducing the economic and political clout of Wall Street.

The financial sector exists to connect savers with investors and to do so at the lowest feasible cost and risk. In a sensible world, we would view the financial sector as nothing more than a transactions cost to be minimized along the way to producing the goods and services that the economy is really about.

For all the counter-culture on display, Occupy Wall Street is pushing us exactly in this sensible direction.

Con: An Unrealistic Goal

Here’s the difference between opposing the outsize gains reaped by financial-industry companies and demanding an end to “unequal income distribution.” The former is justified anger at a specific abuse of taxpayers by politically connected financiers. The latter is a fool’s errand.

No society has come close to making wealth distribution equal. The great egalitarian experiments of the 20th century proved this, as attentive readers have known since the 1957 publication of Yugoslav dissident Milovan Đilas’ The New Class: An Analysis of the Communist System, which revealed shocking disparities in quality of life in the “workers’ paradises” of Eastern Europe. China gave the world a horrific double-shot of rural poverty and (relative) urban wealth; it is only since the country joined global trading markets that it has seen provincial poverty decline.

At the same time, income inequality in China has grown, as it does in every rising economy. Growing wealth disparities are in fact a sign that overall prosperity is increasing in a competitive marketplace. The economist Gary Becker recently described how this works: “It would be hard to motivate the vast majority of individuals to exert much effort, including creative effort, if everyone had the same earnings, status, prestige, and other types of rewards. Fewer individuals would engage in the hard work involved in finishing high school and going on to college if they did not expect their additional education to bring higher incomes, better health, more prestige, and better opportunities to marry.”

Creating general equality of opportunity is among the greatest U.S. achievements. But creating equality of outcomes has caused misery everywhere it has been tried.

Occupy Wall Street: The Right Focus - BusinessWeek

EagleSmack

I expect these spastics to do whatever the unions, 'activists' and other backers say they do. Jedi Mindtricks. It's a social trollathon man.

But even these dolts will awake soon enough from being manipulated. Unless they're Hale Bopper's.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of independent thought. Repeat after me...

Yeah that repeat after me is pretty funny. Talk about indoctrination.

It is tough to organize stupid.

Quote:

Well, expect for the toe-sniffer up here in Toronto.

I saw that. )

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Occupy Wall Street: The Right Focus

Occupy Wall Street: The Right Focus - BusinessWeek

I was listening to a talk show (NPR) last night and I only caught a potion of it. The guy was IMO and was unbiased. He was saying that the real problem is that corporations are sitting on their capital because they are unsure of the markets and stability. No question there is so much money under control of let's say the 1%. They just don't want to throw it away.

Occupiers just want them to give up that capital or take it from them.

mentalfloss
You listen to NPR?

What's wrong with you?

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
+2
The head of the TD Bank offers his advice to protesters:
http://www.thestar.com/business/comp...-bank-ceo-says

"Q: Do you have any advice for the Occupy Toronto protestors?

A: My main advice is stick to your guns. When people say, ‘You don’t have a solution,’ say, ‘Of course we don’t. If there was a solution, don’t you think people would be doing it?’ To ask the people who occupy Wall Street or Bay Street to have a full answer is absurd. They’re doing their job which is to say, ‘If you think this [system] is working for everyone, it’s not.’

Now they have to figure out how not to get captured by special interest and keep the pressure on. We need people to talk about these problems and how we’re going to solve them.
"

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Canada must tackle tough issues, bank CEO says - thestar.com

A: My main advice is stick to your guns. When people say, ‘You don’t have a solution,’ say, ‘Of course we don’t. If there was a solution, don’t you think people would be doing it?’ To ask the people who occupy Wall Street or Bay Street to have a full answer is absurd. They’re doing their job which is to say, ‘If you think this [system] is working for everyone, it’s not.’

Now they have to figure out how not to get captured by special interest and keep the pressure on. We need people to talk about these problems and how we’re going to solve them.
"

They may stand a little better chance up here but it's more than grim down south. Unfortunate too.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Canada must tackle tough issues, bank CEO says - thestar.com

"

The protest dollar. Excellent, excellent market.

Bill Hicks on Marketing - YouTube

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

You listen to NPR?

What's wrong with you?

Laughing here. Yes I do listen to NPR quite a bit. Perhaps just to say

"F********** youuuuuuuu"

...to the radio.

Locutus
St Paul's Cathedral announces closure due to 'Occupy' protesters

It seemed a gesture of Christian tolerance when a clergyman at St Paul’s Cathedral told police to allow anti-capitalist protesters camped outside to continue their demonstration.

But the alliance appeared to be faltering yesterday as St Paul’s closed for the first time since the Blitz, claiming it had no choice because of the dangers posed by the growing numbers on its doorstep.

With 250 people living in the London churchyard, the “unprecedented” decision, which will cost the church £23,000 a day, was announced by the dean, the Rt Rev Graeme Knowles.

Although he supported the protesters’ right to be heard, he said, he now asked that they leave.

The decision was met with criticism from both sides. One American tourist, who had planned to go to evensong, said: “I guess you reap what you sow. They should have nipped this in the bud.”

Protesters described the decision as a “shame” and voted to ignore the plea.

St Paul's Cathedral announces closure due to 'Occupy' protesters - Telegraph

Classy bunch.

CDNBear
+3

Classy bunch.

They're entitled to their entitlements.

EagleSmack
+4

St Paul's Cathedral announces closure due to 'Occupy' protesters

It seemed a gesture of Christian tolerance when a clergyman at St Paul’s Cathedral told police to allow anti-capitalist protesters camped outside to continue their demonstration.

But the alliance appeared to be faltering yesterday as St Paul’s closed for the first time since the Blitz, claiming it had no choice because of the dangers posed by the growing numbers on its doorstep.

With 250 people living in the London churchyard, the “unprecedented” decision, which will cost the church £23,000 a day, was announced by the dean, the Rt Rev Graeme Knowles.

Although he supported the protesters’ right to be heard, he said, he now asked that they leave.

The decision was met with criticism from both sides. One American tourist, who had planned to go to evensong, said: “I guess you reap what you sow. They should have nipped this in the bud.”

Protesters described the decision as a “shame” and voted to ignore the plea.

St Paul's Cathedral announces closure due to 'Occupy' protesters - Telegraph

Classy bunch.

Sad. They asked them to go but the protestors are refusing.

Reminds me of the story of a man giving a little boy an orange. The boy rips the orange from the man's hand. The boy's mother is shocked and says...

"Johnny! What do you say to the nice man?!"

The boy hands the orange back to the man and says...

"Peel it!"

That's what these people are like.

MHz

It is tough to organize stupid.

Not really, take a look at the threads you are on, this one is a prime example(and many others that are on the same ones). Iceland takes the lead and actually sends some crooked bankers to jail and refuses to pay off the loans (via the taxpayers), the US tackles the same crimes by giving the bankers more money (via the taxpayers) so they can receive even bigger paychecks and the Prez actually gives them amnesty from any sort of criminal prosecution.

Even a cartoon is miles over all your heads lol

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvScS9Ratureyoutube

Last edited by MHz; Oct 21st, 2011 at 08:39 PM..

EagleSmack
I should have added it is to reason with stupid as well.

... lol
Last edited by EagleSmack; Oct 21st, 2011 at 09:35 PM..

Ariadne
Well worth the read ... pretty obvious that some bored rich kids, confused about the issue, are hanging around the city centre while everyone tolerates them. Hopefully they'll get cold, need a change of clothes, want a decent meal and decide to go home soon.

Corbella: Occupy Calgary 'meeting' one of the funniest things I've witnessed in months

MHz

....to to reason .....
... lol

Have another one or ten, lol

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Or...

You mean the one that started when Saddam went into Kuwait to stop the sland drilling into his oilfiels?

... stay away from Mhz blue pills.

Ain't irony a bitch.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by cdnbearView Post

or...

... Stay away from mhz blue pills.

Ain't irony a bitch.

lmao.

You mean the one that started when Saddam went into Kuwait to stop the sland drilling into his oilfiels?

You were saying?

=

Last edited by EagleSmack; Oct 21st, 2011 at 09:43 PM..

MHz
I didn't see you post in the electric car thread, shouldn't you be promoting the loan to the ones in Finland be tripled or better yet 100 fold, no doubt GM's will be before it is all said and done. I would say asleep at the wheel but steering wheels only come in the imported flavor from now on. With no jobs to go to you can start walking and watch the bankers cruise by in their brand new armor plated limos. Careful you don't get in front of one as it will be made in China and the brakes don't work when it is a human in the way.
Last edited by MHz; Oct 21st, 2011 at 09:52 PM..

EagleSmack
+1

I didn't see you post in the electric gar thread,.

The "Electric Gar" thread?

I guess you can't teach stupid either.

I would say asleep at the wheel but steering wheels only come in the imported flavor from no on.

Well from "no on" I'll pay more attention!

MHz
Sorry I was laughing too hard to really care all that much. Fixed it is so the ones one IQ point under you won't get confused.

CDNBear
+1

Sorry I was laughing too hard to really care all that much. Fixed it is so the ones one IQ point under you won't get confused.

Speaking of...

EagleSmack

Fixed it is so the ones one IQ point under you won't get confused.

Are you going to fix this one too?

Face it... you look foolish now.

CDNBear
+1

Now?

Sorry bru, I couldn't resist.

MHz

Are you going to fix this one too?

Getting up at 4 makes me a tad tired about this time of the day. Bye

CDNBear
+2

Getting up at 4 makes me a tad tired about this time of the day. Bye

I was up at 3, PWND you at least 4 times, and laid a real big one on Cannuck to boot!

Must be those meds you're on.

Locutus
+3

Locutus
+1
Look at me! Look what I can do!

Canadian Protester In Custody After Climbing Giant Sculpture

NEW YORK, N.Y. - A 24-year-old man from Toronto was taken into police custody Saturday after scaling a massive sculpture at the site of the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations in New York.
New York police were called to Manhattan's Zuccotti Park after the man was spotted on a landing about halfway up a bright red, 70-foot abstract sculpture called Joie de Vivre.
The man told police he wouldn't come down until New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg resigned and all police officers left the park.

video of the drama queen:

Occupy Wall Street: Canadian Protester In Custody After Climbing Giant Sculpture