Occupy Wall Street Fail

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

"Biting the pillow" means taking up the *** without lube.

Without lube...says who? I think we should start a thread for this.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

You may have mistaken me for a Wall Street investor. I have some RRSP Mutual Funds. I chose the ones I did based upon their past performance at the time of investment.

Where do you think your bank invested to make money for your RRSP?

darkbeaver
Republican
Rrsp.........................really really stupid plan?

Rigged retiree squshing plan?

Locutus
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

That is a very TALL order Floss. Some of it I liked, in particular many execs still getting huge bonuses while receiving bail out money.

But being "illegally foreclosed" on? If you cannot pay your mortgage then you cannot afford to live in a house like that.

Putting a huge debt on post graduates for education which is their right? Since when is a college education a right? Going to college is a choice. There are plenty of options after high school. The trades, mechanics, the military, etc. It is the students who chose to go to college and to the college of their choosing. Wall St didn't force them to take out massive loans. Why should these loans simply be forgiven? Will I get retro forgiveness on mine?

Perhaps banks should only give student loans to only those with the means to pay? How do you think that would work out? Can you imagine the S***Storm that would create? What would be the point of loaning money if you're not going to get it back?

There are more views of the Lotion Man video alone than people who watch Olbermann.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

There are more views of the Lotion Man video alone than people who watch Olbermann.

Oh I can't stand Olberman. If it was just another one of his commentarys I would not have watched it. However he was reading a message from the Occupy Wall St folks so I wanted to hear it.

Sadly it is filled with so many demands and falsehoods that they would need a Revolution to get any of it done.

Tonington

How many times have you watched it?

darkbeaver
Republican

Oh I can't stand Olberman. If it was just another one of his commentarys I would not have watched it. However he was reading a message from the Occupy Wall St folks so I wanted to hear it.

Sadly it is filled with so many demands and falsehoods that they would need a Revolution to get any of it done.

Revolution! Don't I remember you telling me how impossible that would be in the USA? Don't we have a thousand dollar bet? I'll take five hundred now cuz it's half way there already. Oh it'll probably be the bankers that fire the first drum of bullets into the crowd. There's nothing like martial law to keep your *** out of prison for bank fraud.

Locutus
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

How many times have you watched it?

I linked to it in Mark's various Equinox promo sites.

Maybe he'll write the Lotion Chronicles next. Ka-ching.

CDNBear
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

I know this is a Locutus thread, but let's bring the quality control up a notch.

OooK...

Errr...

Um, ya...

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

... So, your point in posting the article was........?

He thought he was going to example some philanthropic rich dude that could relate.

Then got schooled on loopholes and tax credits.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Well name one thing you have done to prevent such incidents in the future?

The same thing I did in the past, rollover the annual interest in to a sheltered package and reinvest the principle.

It pays to have a Mother that's a banker.

I think if we're to look at this pragmatically, we start with the taxes on the rich and corps and go from there.

As has been said before. Have at it. Just don't be punitive about it.

So long as China can ship crap here at a fraction of the cost. Corporations will migrate to keep their bottom line.

Quote:

If you want a stronger cut, then we begin to make assessments on what constitutes a fair profit.

Why do you bristle against social engineering, but promote corporate engineering?

Aren't they both repugnant?

Quote:

You have to look at it on a macroscopic level.

The economy requires consumers to sustain itself. If consumers are gone and resources go to waste, then the economy goes to s hit. So, at some point, any sustainable society needs a redistribution of wealth or it ends up as muck for all of us.

And you think punitive taxation and regulation will help?

Keith Olbermann Reads A Statement Released By Wall Street Protesters Thank you FixedNewsChannelto - YouTube

Ya, as soon as he talks about illegal foreclosures, based on nutter talk, he lost me. Pity that, because some of the rest of that was pretty sharp.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Rrsp.........................really really stupid plan?

Rigged retiree squshing plan?

Says the guy living off a trust fund.

Must be nice to suckle off the teat of someone else's labours. While you trash the very process that gave you that cushy life.
Last edited by CDNBear; Oct 19th, 2011 at 04:55 PM..

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Revolution! Don't I remember you telling me how impossible that would be in the USA? Don't we have a thousand dollar bet?

I don't think it was me but I will GLADLY take that bet now!

If you could comprehend, what I said was that the only way they could have these demands met is if they had a revolution. And that DB just ain't happening.

Quote:

I'll take five hundred now cuz it's half way there already.

A half Revolution?! You call this rabble fit to lead a revolution? The rank and file are misfits! These kids couldn't lead a latrine detail never mind a revolution. They couldn't pour p*ss out of a boot with the directions written on the bottom.

Quote:

Oh it'll probably be the bankers that fire the first drum of bullets into the crowd. There's nothing like martial law to keep your *** out of prison for bank fraud.

Now THAT is a bet I remember! You saying that Bush will declare Martial Law before the 2008 Presidential Election and be Dictator for Life.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
@ CdnBear

RE: Post #549

Kudos on so many levels!

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

@ CdnBear

RE: Post #549

Kudos on so many levels!

Thanks, I just call'em like I see'em.

Locutus
+1
So much fail.

October 19, 2011
The worst thing about Occupy Wall Street is that it's ruining a good cause: hating Wall Street. Just when opposing Wall Street was gaining momentum, these brain-dead zombies are forcing us to choose between thieving bankers and them.

If the Flea Party were really concerned about the greedy "Wall Street 1 Percent," shifting money around to make themselves richer and everyone else poorer, their No. 1 target should be George Soros.

Of course, we don't know exactly how much money Soros has, since he keeps all his money in offshore bank accounts protected by Sen. Chuck Schumer (Democrat).

We do know that Soros has been convicted of insider trading. And we know that his general modus operandi is to run around the world panicking sovereign nations, so he can pocket the difference when their currencies collapse.

But the Occupy Wall Street protesters love Soros! It's Fox News they hate.

Last week, the great minds of the OWS movement, bored with playing bocce ball and getting stoned, decided to protest at the homes of Wall Street's robber barons. They then proceeded to walk right past George Soros' apartment building in order to protest at the homes of Rupert Murdoch and David Koch.

THEY'RE NOT WALL STREET!

You may not like Koch and Murdoch's products -- fertilizer and media -- but neither one has anything to do with Wall Street. Unlike money manipulators such as John Corzine (Democrat), Robert Rubin (Democrat) and George Soros (Democrat and Obama's biggest supporter), Koch and Murdoch make money from corporations that actually produce something.

They take risks, make things and get menaced by the government. Wall Street schemers take no risks, produce nothing and get bailed out by the government.

Even assuming, for purposes of argument, that Koch and Murdoch are as evil as these morons seems to think, the protesters call their demonstration "Occupy Wall Street," not "Occupy Businesses Whose Products We Disapprove Of."

more at the source:

Ann Coulter - October 19, 2011 - 'OCCUPY WALL STREET' [HEARTS] WALL STREET

Retired_Can_Soldier
+2

And so there should be, Lotion Man aka Darkbeaver is only half the dick Olbermann is..

Locutus
+1
Protest mob is enjoying rich diet

They may sleep in the park, but they eat like kings.
Hundreds of grimy protesters laying siege to Wall Street and stuffed into the now-smelly Zuccotti Park dine each night on gourmet meals prepared by a former hotel chef using only the finest organic ingredients.

“We’re running a five-star restaurant down there,’’ crowed Eric Smith, 38, the ex-le Chef de Tournant at the Sheraton in Midtown, who works out of a soup kitchen in East New York, Brooklyn, churning out the meals for more than 1,000 protesters every day.
“The other day, we made some wonderful salmon cakes with dill sauce and some quinoa salad and a wonderful tomato salad with fennel and red onion,’’ he said.
“We use organic, grass-fed meats, and the other day, we made a wonderful fried rice and root vegetables and all kinds of soup.”
So last night, for example, while your family of four may have been forced to resort to Hamburger Helper, thanks to Smith’s culinary magic, hordes of Occupy Wall Street protesters instead feasted on organic chicken, spaghetti Bolognese, roasted beet and sheep’s milk-cheese salad and wild heirloom potatoes.

Read more: Protesters dine in style - NYPOST.com

Another Festivus miracle!

s_lone
+1

They may sleep in the park, but they eat like kings.
Hundreds of grimy protesters laying siege to Wall Street and stuffed into the now-smelly Zuccotti Park dine each night on gourmet meals prepared by a former hotel chef using only the finest organic ingredients.

“We’re running a five-star restaurant down there,’’ crowed Eric Smith, 38, the ex-le Chef de Tournant at the Sheraton in Midtown, who works out of a soup kitchen in East New York, Brooklyn, churning out the meals for more than 1,000 protesters every day.
“The other day, we made some wonderful salmon cakes with dill sauce and some quinoa salad and a wonderful tomato salad with fennel and red onion,’’ he said.
“We use organic, grass-fed meats, and the other day, we made a wonderful fried rice and root vegetables and all kinds of soup.”
So last night, for example, while your family of four may have been forced to resort to Hamburger Helper, thanks to Smith’s culinary magic, hordes of Occupy Wall Street protesters instead feasted on organic chicken, spaghetti Bolognese, roasted beet and sheep’s milk-cheese salad and wild heirloom potatoes.

Read more: Protesters dine in style - NYPOST.com

People getting organized to eat healthy food...

How shocking!!!

mentalfloss
Wall Street Has Worst Quarter Since Crisis in Banking, Trading

Oct. 20 (Bloomberg) -- The biggest Wall Street firms posted their worst quarter in both trading and investment banking since the depths of the financial crisis as they face questions about the future of their business.

JPMorgan Chase & Co., Bank of America Corp., Citigroup Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley posted $13.5 billion in trading revenue minus accounting gains for the third quarter, down 35 percent from a year earlier. Investment- banking revenue plunged 41 percent from the second quarter to $4.47 billion.

Bank of America posted a roughly 90 percent drop in fixed- income trading revenue and Goldman Sachs had its lowest debt underwriting quarter since 2003. Corporations put off capital raises and investors sold riskier assets on concern that the U.S. economy was slowing and Europe’s debt crisis would spread.

“The micro has caught up with the macro, and the strains of the financial system have hit these companies,” Charles Peabody, an analyst at Portales Partners LLC in New York, said yesterday on Bloomberg Television’s “Inside Track.” “The question is, does that continue going forward?”

The five banks’ combined trading revenue so far this year, excluding debt valuation adjustments, or DVA, is down 16 percent from the same period last year. DVA are accounting gains taken when the value of a firm’s own debt declines, and losses taken when it rises.

The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index dropped 14 percent during the period, the worst decline since the fourth quarter of 2008. The Chicago Board Options Exchange Volatility Index, or VIX, which measures the cost of buying insurance against drops in the S&P 500, surged 160 percent to its highest quarterly reading since the first three months of 2009..

Wall Street Has Worst Quarter Since Crisis in Banking, Trading - Businessweek

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+3
Best way to disperse the rabble would be to start taxing them for the realestate they are squatting on.

EagleSmack

Salmon Cakes with Dill Sauce!? Are they kidding?

Break out the organic caviar!

Locutus

Salmon Cakes with Dill Sauce!? Are they kidding?

Break out the organic caviar!

Fabulous.

EagleSmack

Fabulous.

"The edible fare is simply exquiste... just like our servants used to prepare before I went off to university."

Colpy
Conservative
+2

Fired Occupy LA antisemitic Teacher quotJews run out of 109 Countries We Need To Run Them Out Tooquot - YouTube

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2

"The edible fare is simply exquiste... just like our servants used to prepare before I went off to university."

Occupy Wall Street: "Come down for the food.. Stay for the ambiance"

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Fired Occupy LA antisemitic Teacher quotJews run out of 109 Countries We Need To Run Them Out Tooquot - YouTube

The Nazi Party agrees!

American Nazi Party Endorses Occupy Wall Street‘s ’Courage,‘ Tells Members to Support Protests and Fight ’Judeo-Capitalist Banksters’ | TheBlaze.com

Cliffy
Free Thinker
It is nice to be cynical when something you believe in is falling apart. But fall apart it must and will. Don't hold on to you shyte too tightly. Your ******* might explode.

Wall Street: Follow the Money

Locutus
Now these *******s are pestering private businesses.

Classy.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvrDOEnFb526I

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

Classy.

Why not pester them? The OWS crowd doesn't care if you're a big corporation or not; the fact that someone is earning money - money that the OWS folks obviously can't generate - means that they are 'owed'.

It looks like the business in the YouTube vidoe is a local coffee shop, I suppose that their gourmet kitchen only serves high-end food and not coffee.... It makes perfect sense that they would want a decent cup of java after their caviar and truffles.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
It is too bad you guys don't get what is going on here.

The Doors - The End 1967 - YouTube

The old world order is self destructing. All you see is chaos, but order always comes out of chaos.

TenPenny

Classy.

I guess you just missed the whole point.

But then again, 75% of the protestors have missed it, too, so you're not alone.

'private businesses'

What did you think 'wall street' is?

Locutus

I wanna job - YouTube