why steven harper will make a good prime minister

Do you think Steven Harper will win the next election?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: why steven harper wil

Reverend Blair said:
Just to wonder back towards the topic...I think the editorial cartoonists and comedians would love to see Harper become Prime Minister. I mean, Martin is pretty good subject matter, but he's got to be a let down after Chretien. Harper has the hair thing and the eyeliner thing and that robotic speech pattern. They have to be drooling at the prospect.
:lol: :lol:

I bet they are. Getting their sketches done as we "speak". :wink:

good comic material is hard to find. :wink:

(can you just imagine what they would do with the Bush/Harper duo?? :wink:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: why steven harper will make a good prime minister

Nascar_James said:
the caracal kid said:
yeah, lets have "bread and circuses" now, and pay later (which in GW's case is after he leaves office).

I am sure the american populace will be remembering him fondly as they pay off the enormous debt he leaves you with. Or perhaps you will cherish being owned by China?

Well, this is an exceptional mandate. We have the added cost of the war against terror to deal with. Not to worry however, the President will not raise taxes and will instead focus on rewarding industries (taxwise) that perform well. Companies that pay less (or no) taxes will have more to invest and add to their workforce. We still have a lower unemployment rate versus Canada.

With the help of the US Federal Reserve (adjusting the interest rates), proper investment and a continued good economy we should be able to work on reducing the debt.

I gotta say, Nascar James, we part company on this one.

You can't have guns AND butter.

What ever happened to the old society that responded to a speech promising only "blood, sweat and tears"?

I know that was the U.K., but were people so different, so much more able to deal with adversity a mere two generations ago?