why steven harper will make a good prime minister

Do you think Steven Harper will win the next election?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
And the second half of the Eastern Propaganda machine chimes in. lol When you stop dancing like a puppet on the string of anti-western democracy philosophy, check Harper out.

What anti-western democracy? You mean the one that gives places with more people more seats? That's called representation by population. Harper has been quite clear on not wanting a system of straight proportional representation, where the parties just submitted lists. He has not supported a mixed system. He has not promoted a system that gives smaller provinces seats from the under-represented parties in a mixed system.

Basically, Harper wants the status quo but he wants to use it to impose Calgary's will on the rest of Canada. That's not democracy.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Yeah I know, horrors of horrors, he goes to church, he's bright, is straight and has had only one wife. Oh well!!

Holy CRAP...........That qualifies him for trash collector and not much else. ( My trash collector has the same qualifications and is smart enough to know he shouldn't run for PM....) You can do better than that when you extoll his "virtues"...

those aren't qualifications for leadership. They are not even someone's CV. There are criminals with better qualifications.....

sheesh.

( watch the proverbial shit hit the fan over this one.. :wink:

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: why steven harper will make a good prime minister

the caracal kid said:
its worse than that Ocean,

Harper not only "idolizes" an idiot, but his inability to lead a moth to a flame means all he will do is follow Bush the way rats followed the pied piper (and take canada there with him).

Let's just see who Harper idolizes. This "idiot" as you refer to him was democratically elected by the US population with two 4 year mandates. He won a great majority of the 50 states. He's an individual who doesn't flip-flop, stands by his convictions and doesn't back away from a fight. Someone who has successfully protected the US population from future 9/11 attacks.

So what is wrong with Harper trying to better his position by following the President's lead?

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
as much as i would go dig up the economic issues surrounding bush, i will give you this site for a start:
http://www.bushwatch.com/

now lets see:
no further attacks - well, it is not that bush has stopped a planned attack but that no attack has been launched. this is a very big difference.
yes, he stands by his decisions, which is good only so long as there is a reasonable argument for one's position.
did he win or steal his mandate? what he did win was on due to "presentation over substance" which was greatly enhanced by what he was running against, and an appeal to the christian right (a group may i mention that is not too pleased with him for backing away from promises he made to them to get their votes - so much for never flip-flopping).

Patsplace

Dec 26, 2005
Nascar, you should know better than to say something good about the US President, don't cha' know that it's not politically correct. Why you should praise some dirtbag like Saddam or Mohamir.
Shame on you.

(I can hear those pink lattes slamming down on counter tops everywhere) lol

Pat

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: why steven harper wil

no1important said:
That idiot stole Florida in the first go around and Ohio last year, he is a crooked moron.

Kind of hard to steal Ohio, no1. Given that the President received 62,040,003 votes versus Kerry's 59,027,335. That is a difference of over 3 million votes.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: why steven harper wil

no further attacks - well, it is not that bush has stopped a planned attack but that no attack has been launched. this is a very big difference

I agree, like really how often was America attacked on own soil, not often. The van bomb at world trade centre and of course 9/11 and the one in Oklahoma was a home grown american terroris. Its not like it happens often anyways.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Patsplace said:
Nascar, you should know better than to say something good about the US President, don't cha' know that it's not politically correct. Why you should praise some dirtbag like Saddam or Mohamir.
Shame on you.

(I can hear those pink lattes slamming down on counter tops everywhere) lol

Pat

saying something "good"about the US president is not the issue. ( he dresses well, and loves dogs.) Saying something TRUTHFUL is. Anyone can put on blinders/rose colored glasses and see things the way they want to see them.

Don't understand how anyone can credit bush for no further attacks on the US........when the US has been attacked constantly in Iraq and in other places....

Mighty selfish to be concerned only for the US mainland. It is also deluding oneself. There don't have to be ANY more attacks on US proper now. The one that was achieved has done a better job than the terrorists could have dreamed for.

and yet so many don't get it.... as in the dynamics of this whole situation.

Why would they attack the US when bush is giving them wars and aggression in other areas of the world to gravitate to. But in some self centred minds.........the only place that matters is the US proper. Anything else is somewhere out there and does not affect the self absorbed americans.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Nascar_James said:
no1important said:
That idiot stole Florida in the first go around and Ohio last year, he is a crooked moron.

Kind of hard to steal Ohio, no1. Given that the President received 62,040,003 votes versus Kerry's 59,027,335. That is a difference of over 3 million votes.

Another reason for Harper to follow in the President's lead ... In the 2004 election, the highest voter turnout since 1968, the President received more popular votes than any previous presidential candidate. This was the first time since 1988 that a President received a popular majority.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Nascar_James said:
Nascar_James said:
no1important said:

Another reason for Harper to follow in the President's lead ... In the 2004 election, the highest voter turnout since 1968, the President received more popular votes than any previous presidential candidate. This was the first time since 1988 that a President received a popular majority.

forget it. You want harper,,,you can have him. The last thing we need is to play follow the moron here. Sheesh.

Of course 2004 was a hi voter turnout.... most wanted bush out of office.......but he managed to fanangle his way in by squeaking through /and most likely illegally. The problem is ,with the degree of control he has , the secrecy in place......no one can prove it. So one is caught between the proverbial rock and hard place. Tyrants do that.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
yeah, lets have "bread and circuses" now, and pay later (which in GW's case is after he leaves office).

I am sure the american populace will be remembering him fondly as they pay off the enormous debt he leaves you with. Or perhaps you will cherish being owned by China?

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
[moderator mode]

Patsplace,

I've noticed you insulting people in this thread in what appears to be an attempt to stir up trouble rather than to further the discussion in some fruitful direction. Please make an effort to state your case without resorting to personal insults and inflammatory comments.

[/moderator mode]

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

the caracal kid said:
yeah, lets have "bread and circuses" now, and pay later (which in GW's case is after he leaves office).

I am sure the american populace will be remembering him fondly as they pay off the enormous debt he leaves you with. Or perhaps you will cherish being owned by China?

good points.... as he spends like there is no tomorrow. Something that Harper does too. These chaps are not "conservative".... in a true sense of the word.

but ya see, it is about that Insant gratification thingie that amerika (and to a large degree CA too) is all about. I want now......and live on credit. The value system has gone out of whack......when WANTS are more important than basic NEEDS...

as the national debt grows and stands now.....China must almost "own" the US. Quite a legacy to pass on to future generations.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

the caracal kid said:

Well, this is an exceptional mandate. We have the added cost of the war against terror to deal with. Not to worry however, the President will not raise taxes and will instead focus on rewarding industries (taxwise) that perform well. Companies that pay less (or no) taxes will have more to invest and add to their workforce. We still have a lower unemployment rate versus Canada.

With the help of the US Federal Reserve (adjusting the interest rates), proper investment and a continued good economy we should be able to work on reducing the debt.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

the caracal kid said:
"not poverty and need, but excess and greed reduce life to a merely material level".

spot on !! :thumbleft:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Nascar_James said:
the caracal kid said:

Well, this is an exceptional mandate. We have the added cost of the war against terror to deal with. Not to worry however, the President will not raise taxes and will instead focus on rewarding industries (taxwise) that perform well. Companies that pay less (or no) taxes will have more to invest and add to their workforce. We still have a lower unemployment rate versus Canada.

With the help of the US Federal Reserve (adjusting the interest rates), proper investment and a continued good economy we should be able to work on reducing the debt.

gotta hand it to ya...NJ. Your blind loyalty , adoration of your Pharoah leader is .um.remarkable.

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)

Nascar_James said:
the caracal kid said:

1. There is no "mandate".

2. The government needs to pay its debts, and can only do so with money that it takes in. That money overwhelmingly comes from taxes. Maintaining tax cuts and giving even more tax breaks to industry will not put more money in the government's coffers to pay that debt.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: why steven harper wil

Just to wonder back towards the topic...I think the editorial cartoonists and comedians would love to see Harper become Prime Minister. I mean, Martin is pretty good subject matter, but he's got to be a let down after Chretien. Harper has the hair thing and the eyeliner thing and that robotic speech pattern. They have to be drooling at the prospect.