Where does Canada stand?./Who Stands 4 Canada

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
...... It seems to me that Canada is filled with a bunch of citizens that are more concerned with their country of origin then the country that they are in.

What? You can't have both? Why should people give up their heritage and family history just because they moved to another country?

My family and background is Irish first, but I was born and raised in Nova Scotia, Canada.... Much of the history and background here in the Maritimes is still celtic.... our history and our background.... not just Scotts and Irish, but every other race, creed, etc.... all their backgrounds make up what Canada is, and what Canadians are..... who I am, who you are.....

My family background and history is Irish, but my life and all my personal experiences are Canadian, and both work hand in hand.

Tell me.... if I give up my Irish heritage, wtf am I supposed to do? What kind of identity do I have to adopt? Is there a generic Canadian Identity? Am I supposed to be a White, Christian Lumber Jack who pours maple syrup over my Canadian Back Bacon, who lives in an igloo and rides a moose to work?

Our history, our backgrounds, our beliefs, our heritage..... all of these, and all of us make up what Canada is.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Hmm... can't say that applies to me. But I've noticed that Canadians are very much concerned about the US candidates and their politics... I'm one of them. Canada seems so insignificant out there on the stage compared to the big USA. If someone coughs in Washington, we'll hear it up here for sure, we are that fine-tuned.;-)

We're insignificant compared to the US, because we don't plop ourselves on the global radar as the biggest idiots holding Nukes and invading other nations for political agendas.... it's important to everybody in the world who the next US leader will be, because if it's going to be more of the same, then who knows who's going to be next on their war path.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Too much verbal pollution ..can't breath!

American politics is more exciting .They have super powers! .....How will the leaders get along with the The Alaskan Vice president(she reminds me of wonder Women..I find myself strangely attracted to her...oh sorry ah hummm hmm) anyway,,,...Mr.McCain has Alaska on his map.I don't see Canada on it.

What are Canada's plans for the North ?..I think it is fairly obvious what the U.S.A's plans are ?
Will we just give the north away or become an American state .Perhaps we can rent our land out to both russia and the USA so they can battle it out here ?...

Because Elizabeth is a women may not be a good arguement to get into the leadership debate or votes..Perhaps to represent women and minorities would have been a safer position....Think politically correct Mrs. May don't let your instinctual emotions get the best of you ...Maybe its better she's not in the leadership debate..Takes years to gain votes and but one election to lose them...Gotta step it up..Good platform (don't get caught up in the verbal polution .Keep your feet on the platform!)...Let The Greens Speak!!!

Jack what are you gonna do about big oil ands gas businesses come in here and abuse our land .Are they cleaning up their acts ? If so , Who are they? ..B.P., Esso ...Gm?..Can high polluters be convinced to go cleaner or can the NDP convince cleaner businesses to move here ? It would be a healthy plan to move forward on...
What are the alternatives?...

Hey can't diesel engines be converted to burn Vegtable oil...Perhaps while Harper is cutting diesel taxs 4 big poluters, maybe Jack and Elizabeth could look into the alternatives.......How did diesel get so expensive in the first place?..Don't businesses already get cheap diesel .Didn't they get a chance to lock in when prices were cheaper..Wish The rest of us coulda..Tax cuts for diesel burners gets everyone nowhere!!...(Selling drugs is probably a better choice for those who can't get into the gas and oil businesses eh !.......)

Hold in there Dion your doin fine...Still kinda wonderin though what the liberals will do if they get elected to govern...They seem to be good at throwing verbal pollution back and forth , but can you back it with a plan for Canada. Can you act on it?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
American politics is more exciting .They have super powers! .....How will the leaders get along with the The Alaskan Vice president(she reminds me of wonder Women..I find myself strangely attracted to her...oh sorry ah hummm hmm) anyway,,,...Mr.McCain has Alaska on his map.I don't see Canada on it.

What are Canada's plans for the North ?..I think it is fairly obvious what the U.S.A's plans are ?
Will we just give the north away or become an American state .Perhaps we can rent our land out to both russia and the USA so they can battle it out here ?...

Because Elizabeth is a women may not be a good arguement to get into the leadership debate or votes..Perhaps to represent women and minorities would have been a safer position....Think politically correct Mrs. May don't let your instinctual emotions get the best of you ...Maybe its better she's not in the leadership debate..Takes years to gain votes and but one election to lose them...Gotta step it up..Good platform (don't get caught up in the verbal polution .Keep your feet on the platform!)...Let The Greens Speak!!!

Jack what are you gonna do about big oil ands gas businesses come in here and abuse our land .Are they cleaning up their acts ? If so , Who are they? ..B.P., Esso ...Gm?..Can high polluters be convinced to go cleaner or can the NDP convince cleaner businesses to move here ? It would be a healthy plan to move forward on...
What are the alternatives?...

Hey can't diesel engines be converted to burn Vegtable oil...Perhaps while Harper is cutting diesel taxs 4 big poluters, maybe Jack and Elizabeth could look into the alternatives.......How did diesel get so expensive in the first place?..Don't businesses already get cheap diesel .Didn't they get a chance to lock in when prices were cheaper..Wish The rest of us coulda..Tax cuts for diesel burners gets everyone nowhere!!...(Selling drugs is probably a better choice for those who can't get into the gas and oil businesses eh !.......)

Hold in there Dion your doin fine...Still kinda wonderin though what the liberals will do if they get elected to govern...They seem to be good at throwing verbal pollution back and forth , but can you back it with a plan for Canada. Can you act on it?

Greenfish, we have many geezers here who cannot see small print and don't know how to make it bigger. Many diesel engines could be converted to burn conservatives directly they have a very high oil content, Stockswell Daze is eighty-five % grease at least.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Lol .Yeah thanx DarkBeaver, I'll take your observations under consideration.Time is short and cut and pasting isn't an exact science(lol)....Not like atom smashing....."I played Sabbath backwards at 78 speed....... and I saw god man!"...Crazy world eh!...

Sorry just ignore the last comment if you want ....Let the words become Chaotic dark energy, and be eaten by the ominous bowels of a man made BLACK HOLE!!!!....AHHH !! ..Sorry again...Thought I was on the Science news sight!

Over and out there from here

Greenfish66

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Um, the NDP were checking out the Tar Ponds in relation to the level of pollution it produces, and how much more it can produce in the future..... they wern't looking at it as some business opportunity, as the business is already there.
The NDP want to shut the tar sands down. up would go oil prices...

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wow....I see the NDP is looking for the Alberta vote. Saskatchewan's side of the
tar sands isn't even off the ground yet, and this would kill it before it even go going.
Yep...the NDP have zero seats in Saskatchewan, so this isn't too much of a write
off for them either. Kind of like the Liberals approach to these two Prairie provinces.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
The NDP want to shut the tar sands down. up would go oil prices...

I don't remember hearing anything about shutting them down. I heard about tougher regulations and implimentation of technology to reduce their pollution, but nothing about direct shut down.... that would lose a lot of jobs, and that won't get votes..... everybody knows that. :p

Then again, perhaps I missed something.

But then again, if they did shut them down, then all those who left the Maritimes to work there would probably have to come back here.... he he....

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
On to the beginning of tommorow

Congradulations Greens !.Right on ! Great decision for all parties.It is a historic day in Canadian politics....I could almost get emotional Ok ..I am Happy The greens r in..lol~~. Elizebeth, take a deep breath.....exhale ...inhale ...exhale....Go with what you know..You'll do just fine...Use that good ol' Green party catch phrase..You know , the " It ain't easy been' Green" quote ..I always liked that one...oh ..and My Personal favorite.."Go Green or Grey ..U choose the the Future!(I just made that one Up(kinda) .Feel free to use it if you want Greens.. lol)...Be yourself Mrs.May ..You'll do great!!

Sorry NDP but you know what the problem with unions are...Their great when they work, but can be very discriminating when the whole system crashs down on ONE person!... Unions cause more paper work and yet another middle man...Good 4 some bad 4 others...Other than that Jack.You could stand to gain at the leaders debate...!

Conservatives- Is it Time yet to release the " Farley Mowatt"?....
Temp workers are under payed and take quite a bit of abuse ..What will the parties do to ensure equal treatment?..Maybe they could form a Union??...I know a guy with a house bigger than a small town ..He's never home..Works abroad alot ...5 out of 8 of his own workers Can't find an affordable place to live! (don't even think about it .Security like fort knox...NO SQUATING!)...But The BIG GUY don't care .Granted ...He doesn't know....Won't even givem a drink of water .....of coarse it isn't in his responsibilities..why should it be any concern of his?

Anyway

...Unions don't work because companies have found ways around their little booklet...There is money for workers somewhere out there..Just have fun trying to get the big guy to admit it and to give you any !...Their real tight wads ...

Humble Liberals remain fairly silent today ....PR problems...In my opinion!

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Unclepercy, ask Mike Modana (American born hockey player for the Dallas Stars) which sports fan in North America is the most loyal, rabid and knowledgeable. On the radio two months ago he said the Canadian hockey fan is equivalent to US football, baseball and basketball fans combined. Canadians can make a lot of noise. 99% of sports events in the US would die to have the atmosphere of a Montreal Canadiens playoff home game.

Well, my best friend used to babysit Mike Modano, and so did her sister when they lived in Sask. It's not about noise. It's about a unification of spirit. Modano is extremely happy to play for us/we have treated him right. He speaks with a Texas accent.

Have you seen the power of your country? Have you see those tanks rolling down the streets of Atlanta? Have you seen the Waldorf Astoria and 10 more square blocks lined with the New York City Police? Have you seen the National Guard lock down an entire city of 6 million people overnight? Have you seen bombers buzzing the sky, and they are not performing tricks? I didn't do anything wrong. I happened to be there, but I felt the power.

I'm just a housewife. And I have seen all of these things by chance. Just think what I could have seen if I'd tried.

Uncle

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Well, my best friend used to babysit Mike Modano, and so did her sister when they lived in Sask. It's not about noise. It's about a unification of spirit. Modano is extremely happy to play for us/we have treated him right. He speaks with a Texas accent.

Our unification is not the same as your type of unification, but it is unification none the less.

Have you seen the power of your country?

I know the power of our country and I know what our country and we as citizens are capable of..... I don't see any reason why we need to show it off to everybody else though..... nobody ever sees the quiet one coming ;-)

Have you see those tanks rolling down the streets of Atlanta?

Nope, because Atlanta isn't in Canada. You already asked this, and many, including myself have already answered you with similar examples. We usually don't feel a need to take all our war machines down our streets to get people used to them roaming around their otherwise civil neighborhoods. We have air shows, war games, celebrations, Rememberance Day and many other examples of us showing what we are capable of.

But the majority of our acknowlegdements of our military is usually not about how powerful or how great we are.... it's about the sacrafices the men behind those machines and in front of those machines have made to keep our country as it is.

A machine is just a form of technology, it's the people who make the difference.... always.

Have you seen the Waldorf Astoria and 10 more square blocks lined with the New York City Police?

I'm sure there was plenty of crimes going on in the background while they were doing nothing :p

But let me ask you this in response.... have you ever heard of the Highway of Heroes?

Let me ask you another thing: You talk about how patriotic and unified your nation is..... if so, then how come nobody is ever shown any images of flagged caskets coming home of your sons and daughters who sacraficed so much, and they're simply labeled in your media as just another number?

Is it because once you guys start seeing faces and names to the numbers that you guys might start to lose your unity on the cause?

That's what I heard from your officials...... so you can't simply have it both ways.

Have you seen the National Guard lock down an entire city of 6 million people overnight?

And you're proud of that? Well so long as you're proud of your martial law who am I to argue?

Have you seen bombers buzzing the sky, and they are not performing tricks? I didn't do anything wrong. I happened to be there, but I felt the power.

I've seen enough military aircraft already in my somewhat young life that wern't doing "Tricks" and were actually doing their jobs.... what, you think there's some countries out there who just use their military for clowning around?

I'm just a housewife. And I have seen all of these things by chance. Just think what I could have seen if I'd tried.

Uncle

And I'm just an average Canadian who works in front of a computer all day, who sees our military aircraft flying by the windows just about everyday, who sees the ships heading off to Afghanistan in the harbour right behind where I am sitting...... all of what you say isn't anything special.... and the majority of what you listed sounds more like invoking fear in the power of your nation over you..... oppression if you ask me.

The people shouldn't be afraid of their government.... the government should be afraid of their people.... that's how democracies last, and that's how they work.

Certainly not by forced martial law on a city of 6 million people..... that tells me there's something wrong, not something right.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Our unification is not the same as your type of unification, but it is unification none the less.

B-b-b-b-b-b-ubba, ya think the UNITED States of America might have a familiar adjective in the front of it? Show me your unification. Not games.

If your brother went to jail, would your family stand united?
If your co-worker died, would your company stand as one?
If your daughter got pregnant out of wedlock, would your family stand unified?
If Canada did something stupid - like side with the USA - would you stand united?
You live on a bush and don't get it.

I know the power of our country and I know what our country and we as citizens are capable of..... I don't see any reason why we need to show it off to everybody else though..... nobody ever sees the quiet one coming ;-)

So you feel Canada's power is so puny that in order to be effective, you would have to sneak up on someone? I respect Canada, but war games are silly. Reminds me of wrestlin', Butterbean.

Nope, because Atlanta isn't in Canada. You already asked this, and many, including myself have already answered you with similar examples. We usually don't feel a need to take all our war machines down our streets to get people used to them roaming around their otherwise civil neighborhoods. We have air shows, war games, celebrations, Rememberance Day and many other examples of us showing what we are capable of.

WAR GAMES? :lol::lol::lol: Do you play that on PS3?

But the majority of our acknowlegdements of our military is usually not about how powerful or how great we are.... it's about the sacrafices the men behind those machines and in front of those machines have made to keep our country as it is.

A machine is just a form of technology, it's the people who make the difference.... always.

Oh, yes, of course, I agree - Canada alone has sacrificed SO SO much, made such a super-human contribution to world of medicine, poverty, suffering, finance, history, literature, and etc. squared.

I'm sure there was plenty of crimes going on in the background while they were doing nothing :p

Do you have any idea why Atlanta was locked down? And can't you extrapolate to an equally sized city in Canada? Now think, Prax. I really like you. I want you go get this one right. You fancy that you are so knowledgeable about all things. We weren't "showing off" - there was a real emergecy at hand.

But let me ask you this in response.... have you ever heard of the Highway of Heroes?

No, but if you ask me to look it up and feel it's important, I will do it.

Let me ask you another thing: You talk about how patriotic and unified your nation is..... if so, then how come nobody is ever shown any images of flagged caskets coming home of your sons and daughters who sacraficed so much, and they're simply labeled in your media as just another number?

Is it because once you guys start seeing faces and names to the numbers that you guys might start to lose your unity on the cause?

BBBBBBaby BBBBBBoy,
You just handle things in a totally different way. My grandmother used to say, "Send me my flowers when I'm alive." That what we do. We have a huge team at DFW who meets every incoming flight of military personnel with gifts, food, hugs, praise, and flowers. The returning soldiers are lauded.

That's what I heard from your officials...... so you can't simply have it both ways.

And you're proud of that? Well so long as you're proud of your martial law who am I to argue?

A person or even a country who feels as if they have no power is suffering from learned helplessness. BTW, they are probably wrong. But one way to inch upwards and feel better is to keep putting someone (like your southern neighbor) down. If you are young, as you say, that explains it.

I've seen enough military aircraft already in my somewhat young life that wern't doing "Tricks" and were actually doing their jobs.... what, you think there's some countries out there who just use their military for clowning around?

Apparently Canada does this with their "games."

And I'm just an average Canadian who works in front of a computer all day, who sees our military aircraft flying by the windows just about everyday, who sees the ships heading off to Afghanistan in the harbour right behind where I am sitting...... all of what you say isn't anything special.... and the majority of what you listed sounds more like invoking fear in the power of your nation over you..... oppression if you ask me.

The people shouldn't be afraid of their government.... the government should be afraid of their people.... that's how democracies last, and that's how they work.

Certainly not by forced martial law on a city of 6 million people..... that tells me there's something wrong, not something right.

Did you get it? Did you figure it out? I even remember when Dallas was locked down, and if you are young, you weren't alive then. But I think you can come up with the explanation for that. What about Atlanta?

Uncle Percy

Reactions: EagleSmack

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
We are better peacekeepers than agressors

...We made a mistake sending our troops to Afganistan as an aggressor in a false war with a false face.Looking for someone who really is no threat to anyone.....Canada has always been a peacekeeper...We should be rebuilding afganistan....We should be making new roads and infastructure.Helping 2 pave the way forward for afganistans future( perhaps we would stop loosing troops in road side bombs)....We had no choice but to help our allies .The US was Attacked by Terrorists...!!!!..Someone attacks a friend or family member...You stand with them...Unfortunately the Bush administration did the right thing the wrong way...We need alternatives to oil and gas....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need a government that cares for its people and holds Canada high!....I wonder what each party member likes about Canada>>>What , in their opinion, is the best thing about Canada...Mine is of coarse that we have hockey!...We are a highly advanced country with alot of top notch technology to offer the world.Science is exciting in Canada(go figure).We have a great standard of living(always could be better)...Great Health care for all..FREEDOM to walk down the street without fear, and generally everyone accepts everyone else for who they are...However , Governments and big business do need to treat its people a little better..Forget their own interests for once and help someoone besides themselves...Look at the bigger picture minus $$$$$$$$$ all the time...the money will come with the happy people!.....Canada repects others and are always their to help wher we can! ...We may be small in population but we're big on heart and soul...Oh yeah and land!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what I am getting tired of though...Those Gambling adds the conservatives keep running.....shows where they make their money eh!.....Do we really need so many Casino's..Espeacially in ontario..Roughly one evry half hour...All casino's do is ripp seniors and dreamers off ....It is just shows what the government really seems to care about...$$$$$...This is a big problem in Canda but everytime you try to discuss it or try to open the door to debate more vegas type rules or recomend privatizing the business ..The olg slams the door ...CONFIDENTIAL...The olg should be more open on what it does with the money....!...We don't need a casino on every block but we do need competition in tourist areas...Good for a vacation and for fun but Come on Don't you think we've gone overboard on the gambling????....BIG MONEY GRAB...GIVE IT BACK!..Going through 60$ n 10 min.. is robbery!...The pop is even watered down...That's what the government seems to think of its people...But of coarse " The people are to tolerant to say or do anything!

ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY....

Sorry if my message is a little scattered today Im a little under the weather...It most be all the death in the microcosm trying to hibernate in my nose!...Wonder what would happen if we try to smashm all in the particle accelerator?? lol...AH...AHHHHH..CHEW!!! lol...Man AstroPhysics is so Amazing.. It is right up there with astrobiology ...I love theorectical science and The quest for a unified theory...Relativity , quantum , complexity , chaos ,tied all together with string theory......INCREDIBLE STUFF...Another plus for CANADA!....

We have alot to offer the world.JOur leaders ust have to Show it more!8O;-)

Later.....

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
R better peacekeepers / scientists than aggressors

...We made a mistake sending our troops to Afganistan as an aggressor in a false war with a false face.Looking for someone who really is no threat to anyone.....Canada has always been a peacekeeper...We should be rebuilding afganistan....We should be making new roads and infastructure.Helping 2 pave the way forward for afganistans future( perhaps we would stop loosing troops in road side bombs)....We had no choice but to help our allies .The US was Attacked by Terrorists...!!!!..Someone attacks a friend or family member...You stand with them...Unfortunately the Bush administration did the right thing the wrong way...We need alternatives to oil and gas....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need a government that cares for its people and holds Canada high!....I wonder what each party member likes about Canada>>>What , in their opinion, is the best thing about Canada...Mine is of coarse that we have hockey!...We are a highly advanced country with alot of top notch technology to offer the world.Science is exciting in Canada(go figure).We have a great standard of living(always could be better)...Great Health care for all..FREEDOM to walk down the street without fear, and generally everyone accepts everyone else for who they are...However , Governments and big business do need to treat its people a little better..Forget their own interests for once and help someoone besides themselves...Look at the bigger picture minus $$$$$$$$$ all the time...the money will come with the happy people!.....Canada repects others and are always their to help wher we can! ...We may be small in population but we're big on heart and soul...Oh yeah and land!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what I am getting tired of though...Those Gambling adds the conservatives keep running.....shows where they make their money eh!.....Do we really need so many Casino's..Espeacially in ontario..Roughly one evry half hour...All casino's do is ripp seniors and dreamers off ....It is just shows what the government really seems to care about...$$$$$...This is a big problem in Canda but everytime you try to discuss it or try to open the door to debate more vegas type rules or recomend privatizing the business ..The olg slams the door ...CONFIDENTIAL...The olg should be more open on what it does with the money....!...We don't need a casino on every block but we do need competition in tourist areas...Good for a vacation and for fun but Come on Don't you think we've gone overboard on the gambling????....BIG MONEY GRAB...GIVE IT BACK!..Going through 60$ n 10 min.. is robbery!...The pop is even watered down...That's what the government seems to think of its people...But of coarse " The people are to tolerant to say or do anything!

ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY....

Sorry if my message is a little scattered today Im a little under the weather...It most be all the death in the microcosm trying to hibernate in my nose!...Wonder what would happen if we try to smashm all in the particle accelerator?? lol...AH...AHHHHH..CHEW!!! lol...Man AstroPhysics is so Amazing.. It is right up there with astrobiology ...I love theorectical science and The quest for a unified theory...Relativity , quantum , complexity , chaos ,tied all together with string theory......INCREDIBLE STUFF...Another plus for CANADA!....

We have alot to offer the world.JOur leaders ust have to Show it more!8O;-)

Later.....

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
B-b-b-b-b-b-ubba, ya think the UNITED States of America might have a familiar adjective in the front of it? Show me your unification. Not games.

Try invading us again and see what happens when it comes to our inification. All the examples you have provided, I have provided similar examples. We have aircraft flying overhead all the time, all over the place.... I don't see a relation to this to unification

If your brother went to jail, would your family stand united?

Depends on what he did. Would your family stand united with your father if he molested and raped you, your siblings and/or cousins? If you do, then there's something screwed up.

Standing by someone when they clearly did something wrong, is just another form of acceptence that it is ok that they did what they did.

If your co-worker died, would your company stand as one?

A co-worker did died in fact.... I replaced them, so I kinda know very well this situation, and I don't see how the company could be anymore united then it currently is. And besides, how would a co-worker's death break up a company to begin with?

If your daughter got pregnant out of wedlock, would your family stand unified?

If I had a daughter, yes I would, and so would my extended family.... my sister just had triplets and is not married.... we're all still as united as we always were.... what's your point?

If Canada did something stupid - like side with the USA - would you stand united?

I would still stand united with my country, but that doesn't mean I and many others wouldn't force our country to change its ways, or allow it to continue doing stupid things like the US...... Canadians don't stand united because of the government, we stand united for our country and it's people. The government is just a position to do what we want.... or should be.

You live on a bush and don't get it.

I get what I need to get..... your examples are flawed and have no point.

If you want me to get something, then spit it the hell out.

So you feel Canada's power is so puny that in order to be effective, you would have to sneak up on someone? I respect Canada, but war games are silly. Reminds me of wrestlin', Butterbean.

We are strong in the fact that we don't have to bully other nations around the world to get what we want at their expense..... and as everybody knows, bullies are truly weak in the inside, but put on a good face to cover it up.

But hey, if you think turning your nation into one big police state like Nazi Germany, who am I to argue? Just don't bring your crap up here.

WAR GAMES?
Do you play that on PS3?

What the hell do you call parading your tanks and troops all around your homes and cities? Is it to show off or is it to oppress your people? If it's to show off, then it's no different then a War Game.

And if you don't know wtf War Games are, then you're more clueless then I originally thought. Get some education..... oh wait, I forgot, there isn't any education in the US..... that causes people to start thinking for themselves.... how silly of me.

Oh, yes, of course, I agree - Canada alone has sacrificed SO SO much, made such a super-human contribution to world of medicine, poverty, suffering, finance, history, literature, and etc. squared.

Actually, we did.... look it up. Many medical advances have come from Canada through the decades. Your above coment spews nothing but ignorance to what we have done..... which I wouldn't expect nothing more from someone in the US.

Do you have any idea why Atlanta was locked down?

To share some of that ignorance you thrown out there.... no, I don't.... because I don't care.

And can't you extrapolate to an equally sized city in Canada? Now think, Prax. I really like you. I want you go get this one right. You fancy that you are so knowledgeable about all things. We weren't "showing off" - there was a real emergecy at hand.

Looked around... there is no information in regards to Atlanta being completely locked down, put under martial law, or any military involvement within Atlanta that I see.... either it's all hush hush, or you're exaggerating.

By all means, educate me.

No, but if you ask me to look it up and feel it's important, I will do it.

Well when you want to talk about our national unity, or lack there of, that would be a good start for an example among many others.

BBBBBBaby BBBBBBoy,
You just handle things in a totally different way. My grandmother used to say, "Send me my flowers when I'm alive." That what we do. We have a huge team at DFW who meets every incoming flight of military personnel with gifts, food, hugs, praise, and flowers. The returning soldiers are lauded.

Perhaps they are..... but does your entire nation know when each and everyone of your soldiers are killed in the line of duty, their names, what they were doing, their family, their contributions, what their fellow soldiers thought of them?

Not that I have seen. Everything I have seen when it comes to informing the general public in the US, is that they don't release the names and faces each and everytime a soldier dies, because "It lowers national moral and support for the war."

As I have said previously, we do things differently then what you guys do..... you just said as well that you guys do things differently..... so since we all do things differently, where is the proof or examples of one nation being less unified over the other in this respect?

Oh, and don't even bother to refer to me as some baby boy.... it just further expresses your ignorance.

A person or even a country who feels as if they have no power is suffering from learned helplessness. BTW, they are probably wrong. But one way to inch upwards and feel better is to keep putting someone (like your southern neighbor) down. If you are young, as you say, that explains it.

Don't worry, I've seen, experienced and heard from many people twice my age, who are three times more ignorant then I..... age has nothing to do with it and is a petty excuse to attempt to win an argument.

And we don't put down the US to make ourselves feel better..... we put down the US so that perhaps they might see their obvious mistakes and perhaps change their ways or better themselves to what they used to be.

I have admitted countless times in the past that I even thought the US was a pretty good country.... but since 2001, it has all gone downhill.... and it's not just Canadians saying this, it's accross the planet in many other nations.

And if nobody says anything about the wrong-doings, then those doing the wrong-doings will think they arn't doing anything wrong, that it is accepted, and will continue to do it..... The rest of the world sees what is wrong..... yet the people in the US (For the most part) don't see anything wrong in what you are doing to millions accross the planet..... and since US citizens are not "Uniting" against these errors.... your government thinks it is accepted and continues to do these things.

Maybe you guys do think you're not doing anything wrong..... but rather then just listening to your own media and your own government, perhaps it would be wise to listen to others in the world on what's going on...... who makes more sense, what sounds more logical.... make an independant and sound conclusion and act on what you believe in.... not what is simply fed to you.

Ask the people who are directly affected by your actions and listen to what they think.... not everybody is against you, but if you continue to think everybody is, then eventually, everybody will be.

Apparently Canada does this with their "games."

Seriously, stop talking like an idiot and provide some substance to your comments.

War Games are exercises between various military forces, usually including forces from allied nations to practice military tactics each uses without live ammunition to determine who's tactics are better, what flaws are in certain tactics, and where one needs to improve..... they are not just to show off military capabilities, but also to improve apon them. Just because they are called War Games, doesn't mean they are simply Games.

And yet you ignored my comments of what I see everyday with our military actually doing their jobs, such as patrolling the harbour, ships sending more troops overseas, etc. If you think those are simply "Games" then you don't have a clue and shouldn't be debating the subject until you get educated in what you're talking about.

Did you get it? Did you figure it out? I even remember when Dallas was locked down, and if you are young, you weren't alive then. But I think you can come up with the explanation for that. What about Atlanta?

No I didn't get it, because you are not clearly explaining yourself.... all you're doing is spouting examples of military oppression and somehow trying to express those examples as some form of unification and power.

I have not found anything in regards to Atlanta being completely locked down, let alone Dallas.

All I see are lockdowns of schools and surrounding areas from mass shootings, etc.... but nothing in regards to an entire city being locked down or placed under martial law.... and certainly nothing in regards to 6 million people being locked down.

But by all means, correct me.

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
A Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On!

GAMBLING OR GAMING ?
...The "GAMERS" (...They don't like being called Gamblers!...It's GAMING!) deserve to know.!
Some say it's used for infrastructure.Yet roads are in the worst condition ever.Infrastructure Is a leading issue in municipalities...OLG Seems to live in a culture of Secrecy and security...Alarms of abuse continuously reverberate like the sirens of a rare jackpot . Yet never seem to be debated...Sure people deserve entertainment, but do we really need a casino on every block?....It reaks of greed!..Isn't it cheating and a little sneaky if your not telling the people the rules or where their money's going?...Governments need to get out of the GAMBLING business ..Spark competition..!!!...Casino's and GAMING are a large part of our Growing Canadian culture...Its only fair that the PLAYERS know the risk , the odds, and the returns!!....
FUNNY FOODS
The Canadian food system is fine and is constantly improving itself...As soon as the listeria scare hit ..Affected companies went into their already stingent emergency processes ...All industry have such procedures in place...It's just good business!...The fruit of your own labour always tastes better....The farmers markets bake the best pies though.(mmmmm.mmmmm Strawberry/rubarb pie.)
....AH ..But some politicians and drug pushing doctors in the health and medical departments,,,, Im not so sure of!...
A SAD STORY( reader discretion is advised..) ...

I had 2 close friends in coma's. Both, when not expected to live, were diagnosed, with the "BUG" going around ..Doctors claimed this MAY have contributed to Worsen my friends Condition(He was Expected to die!)....Both friends came out of their coma's.. ...One of my friends completely pulled through and is suprisingly back to herself.Call it a miracle..! She is a very strong person..Her diagnoses was changed back to the original diagnoses..Overdose on prescribed medication(my friend also has M.S.and is a totally compedent single mother to boot..Incredible women! ..I admire her tremendously....
My other Friend, Rob, unfortunatley stayed in a semicoma state..The flu going around ultimatley to blame( so doctors say)...I say it was because he was a Hero and tryed to save a girl from being beatn in a bar by her drunk biligerent Boy friend !...Another guy jumped on Rob from behInd ....Unexpectedly ...knocked his head on the concrete ...He was celebrating his birthday.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a thoughtful man!..That's what I would like his medical record to say!.....Sorry...I didn't want to depress anyone, but if there is too much politicking in the health and medical system .It has to be surfaced and fixed!!...My 2 friends suffered these coma's almost 10yrs apart from each other...In both cases their diagnoses caught "THE BUG" going around....When my One friend pulled through, her diagnosis was immediately changed back 2 ..."(prescribed) drug overdose !" My other friend remains forever with "THE FLU"!
We all like to look professional but IS THEIR TOO MUCH POLITICAL CORRECTEDNESS IN THE HEALTH AND MEDICAL COMMUNITEE?..or maybe it just me...Maybe a little of both?

THE OIL COMPANIES GAS AND DASH
I have a few Questions for anyone who cares to answer.....When People are forced to drive and fuel their cars, with no real alternative options...Is it OK 4 That person to pull a "Gas and dash" if they come back and pay later?...Can gas retailers raise their Gas prices to compensate 4 The THEFT?....Then why do oil companies get away with it!.....STEALING IS STEALING and is punishable buy law!
.......Only problem is ....Oil companies have good Lawyers....

If you take something apart make sure you know how to fix it!
I am aware that I am poking a lot of holes in Canada as a whole, but election time is the only time you MIGHT get the politicians to PROMISE to make it even better !....I love Canada ...The best place to live in the world...But some would seem to want to break it down ,to sell it in pieces, for their own pie !...Who are "they". is the question to be answered ?...It's fine to take something apart to improve it ..if you know how to put the pieces back together again!
We always need options/ alternatives..through competition or where ever we can get it..Helps people fullfill their dreams..Their goals..!..People have been demanding new green energies for yrs now..With no choice but to endure the rising price of fuel .Simply because they have NO REAL CHOICES!...I am glad to hear the auto makers have finally began to act....The people scream for choices .,Big Businesses govern to control this..The government just thinks their hearing funny voices...The GREEDY bankers bank on it!....Who will stand up for Canada.,to change this?Who Stands 4 Canada?

Microsoft ..Welcome to Canada...We've been expecting you..Glad your here..Make yourself at home in our homes.
Fallen soldiers can rest in peacekeeping!
--------- your son died for our friends and allies ..In great honour of CANADA and the afgani people.(I think....Can't speak 4 afganistan)
So What would be considered to be a successfull mission? Afganistan is a money/death pit ...We need to change our world position back to peacekeeper...Start to HELP rebuild the afgan's infrastructure along with other necessities!...
It is never in vain to be a soldier who stands strong 4 Canada! .....We all share your loss !
Have a great weekend eh!
Over and out there, from here
B.Greenfish66

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Ding, dong. Houston calling.

Your last reply was so pitiful, I was very dissapointed in you, Prax. You simply don't have what it takes upstairs. Are you sure you went to college? Meanwhile, we have a hurricane and disaster relief going on, and some folks from Houston have come by.

If I ever see you again, it will be in the Wire Cage.

Uncle