What the Hell is Going on in London?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
People can only be shat on, beaten, kept down and poor, for so long. Sooner or later the feces will hit the air conditioning, as it has in London.

Just sayin.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
People can only be shat on, beaten, kept down and poor, for so long. Sooner or later the feces will hit the air conditioning, as it has in London.

Just sayin.

Shh.. it was just a bunch of crazy people who dunnit. Like da Vancouver Canucks fans.

3 major cities that followed the initial revolt including Brixton.
Major buildings torched to the ground

Just like da Vancouver Canucks fans.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Shh.. it was just a bunch of crazy people who dunnit. Like da Vancouver Canucks fans.

3 different cities
Major buildings torched to the ground

Just like da Vancouver Canucks fans.

One of the world's most democratic, progressive, multicultural societies, a cradle-to-grave social safety net........

Why????

Rebellion? With CAUSE???

No. That looks like Syria, or Libya, or even Egypt................

and there is no cause.

This is madness, criminality, and unreasoning violence..............the rantings of the spoiled child of English society when the candy ration gets cut back.

It needs to be put down, quickly and harshly.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
One of the world's most democratic, progressive, multicultural societies, a cradle-to-grave social safety net........

Why????

Rebellion? With CAUSE???

No. That looks like Syria, or Libya, or even Egypt................

and there is no cause.

This is madness, criminality, and unreasoning violence..............the rantings of the spoiled child of English society when the candy ration gets cut back.

It needs to be put down, quickly and harshly.
Various opinions have been expressed in the press and elsewhere of potential contributory factors and excuses for the unrest; these include the following:

• Fatal shooting of a suspect by the police
  • Local tensions with police[16]
  • High unemployment and cuts in public services[32][33][34][35][36]

2011 London riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
For decades in Britain, black and Asian gang culture has been allowed to develop and triumph in the school system. Teachers and social workers are either too physically frightened or too politically correct to intervene, and an increasingly ineffectual police force is tied by “anti-racism” policies to stop the horror. The racism of lowered expectations has led fatuous, liberal, white people to argue that gang culture is somehow part of the black and brown experience, with most of the victims of course being other black and brown people.

They have rejected education and authority, and survive on cheap lager, all-night partying, and the influence of awful, reality television, and tabloid sensationalism. The wealthy play in the mud of all this, and give us entertainment that instead of trying to take us higher, pushes us even lower. Assumptions decline, standards drop, the former dignity of the working class evaporates in a miasma of imported slang, state dependency, single-parenthood, and binge-drinking. The riots were inevitable.
UK Riots « Coren

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Now you are looking for your OPINIONS in wikipedia???

Sad, really.

If you're going to criticize an opinion simply for being an opinion, don't consider a rebuttle from Coren, lol.

My my.. conservatives and their glasshouses these days.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
If you're going to criticize an opinion, don't quote Coren, lol.

My my.. conservatives and their glasshouses these days.

Absolutely. Coren IS opinion, one that happens to mesh with my own (or close enough), and is expressed extremely well.

Wikileaks is Op Ed now????

Gee Willikers, I AM behind the times!!!

If I were to take your piece as serious I would conclude:

The police have no right to enforce the law or defend themselves.

and...

The Welfare State must continue to give more and more and more and more until the entire economic structure collapses in a heap.

Or else.

As I keep saying, and you keep refusing to deal with:

Great Britain is one of the most democratic, progressive, multicultural societies on earth.

WTF do you want??????

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Absolutely. Coren IS opinion, one that happens to mesh with my own (or close enough), and is expressed extremely well.

That's great for Coren.

You've conceded the point that you can't condemn an opinion, simply on the basis that it's an opinion. And then expect me not to have a big hearty gut laugh when you respond with an opinion.

Now that the painstakingly obvious had to be said, feel free to unpackage Coren's claim and we can go through the details.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The sugar in the candy has been replaced with artificial sweetners. Homer once said : "first you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women!"

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
The land of the “thank you” and “please”on the turmoil

If I say this is from God, the materialist will not agree of course, and I don’t mind they don’t agree.

It may be from God according to their transgression on the people of Libya with their fighting planes and missiles (together with the NATO).