What do you fear the most?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I stick to what I've said before. I fear pain, plain and simple. Right now, heartache most of all.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That doesn't sound too good. Did someone break your heart? I've been there...

Life is just pulling me in too many directions I guess, to boil it down to its simplest. I can't be everywhere I want to be, be everything I want to be, for the people that matter to me.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A conservative majority under Harper
More breaks for the wealthy, big business, more american dominance in our policy, our resources, our direction, more hate, more lies, more disrespect for our system, our environment, more fear mongering, more disrespect for non partisan views with unfettered censure. I have relatives who have served and died in both world wars, they died because they believed in our Country, freedom of choice, of voice and vote. It`s the Canadian government, not the Harper government.

I'm not sure I understand "more breaks for the wealthy" under Harper. We are far from wealthy (I have a modest company pension) and my wife has virtually no income, but since Harper brought in the income splitting for seniors we've benefitted to the tune of about $2000 a year, so I'd suggest middle and lower income people are getting breaks. :smile:

Life is just pulling me in too many directions I guess, to boil it down to its simplest. I can't be everywhere I want to be, be everything I want to be, for the people that matter to me.

Hey Karrie- don't sweat it..............if I can do one or two small things a day to be helpful to someone, I say F... it good enough. :smile:

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

I hear ya. I only have one person that relies on me and I still find there isn't enough hours in the day. And I'm unemployed right now!

Of course I could alwayz step away from the forum for awhile..... nah!

AyameTaylor

Nominee Member
Oct 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What do I fear the most....

Natural disasters,(I.E. Tornadoes- Storms in general get the heart going 1000x a minute especially if they're of the thunder variety . Tsunami's etc etc.)
Needles.

That's about it. I have a whole slew that i wouldn't like to have happen..... but

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I fear the girls in the town of pincher creek.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
If you have not experienced the feelings of a fear of fear itself, you will never understand such a fear. What that comes down to is full blown agoraphobia. Used to be known as fear of the market place. It has nothing to do with that. It's a fear of the feelings your body experiences during a full blown panic attack. Because - there is no explanation for those feelings that surface out of the blue and envelop your whole existance for a few moments anywhere from once to several times in a day, making life hell. If someone or something scares you, you settle down, relax and life goes on. No one knows why some of us experience panic attacks that have zero explanations for oneself. You then become terrified of the feelings of fear.

J_Hay

Electoral Member
Mar 21, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Honestly.... Spider's.

When I was a kid, I lived in a little house in North York.
We had one of those dungeon-esque basements and we never really went down there.
My uncle got me to go down and grab him his old toolkit, so I oblidged him and went down..

It started when my foot broke through a rotted floorboard and smashed like 3-4 nests....they were all over my leg man, like thousands of the little bastards, I leaned on the wall to try and get some of them off, my hand went through the wall, breaking more nests and it just got worse from there....waving my hands around ended up nailing the ones i the ceiling... I wouldn't speak for like a week...

That sh*t was scary o_O

J_Hay

Electoral Member
Mar 21, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Uh huh... at any rate.

Has anyone here experienced true terror?
What would be "True terror" from your point of view then?
I would imagine it to be something along the lines of being a soldier under heavy shelling,hearing the whistling, not knowing whether or not or even when, he was going to die..

That would be true terror in my books, among a few other things.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What would be "True terror" from your point of view then?
I would imagine it to be something along the lines of being a soldier under heavy shelling,hearing the whistling, not knowing whether or not or even when, he was going to die..

That would be true terror in my books, among a few other things.

The same thing as a matter of fact.