What do you drive?

Frappuccino Dibs

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2005
Strictly speaking, no. There isn't any public roads in the UK where any fast car can really be used.

If we're willing to take the hit on tyre wear, fuel and the risk obviously, we can take cars on race tracks to stretch their legs.

Our speed limits are higher than yours though and as that car is faster than most on the road it's easy to feel like your going much faster than every body else.

That car has about a 2.6 litre engine and about 190bhp with a top speed limited to around 150mph. Not bad for 'off the forecourt' specs.

Why do American/Canadian cars seem to require huge capacity engines - 8 litres etc? It dosn't improve performance so why?

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
That Mazda is pretty feckin sweet. Sadly, Uncle Murphy will get involved and as soon as you are truly in love with it...... BAM some little kid on a three wheeler will scratch up the side like you wouldn't believe. Of course, it will be your own kid so you'll really get to punish him.

Now don't be too jealous here guys, but I have a 1995 grand am with 200k on it. Runs like total shit and it even smells bad. I'd post a picture, but who the hell would want to look at it..

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Why do American/Canadian cars seem to require huge capacity engines - 8 litres etc? It dosn't improve performance so why?

A complete lack of advertising imagination combined with lazy engineers. We've been sold bigger is better forever. Car makers tend to use off the shelf parts when building a new model. It's way easier to produce low-end torque with size rather than innovation. As a result, we still put huge engines in things.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
*sighs* I have a 1992 Ford Tempo which is about ready to die on me and my parents are going to be getting rid of it and i'll be car less

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
I ride a Suzuki DL650 V-Strom to work daily. We also have a 2005 Hyundai Tucson and a 1998 Pontiac Transport. I've always had a bike but it's nice being able to ride it year round and not have to put it away for winter.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I've got an 05 Corolla and an 06 Yaris. I miss not having something to haul away junk with but with the cost of gas these days I can live without it.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Re: RE: What do you drive?

Kreskin said:
I've got an 05 Corolla and an 06 Yaris. I miss not having something to haul away junk with but with the cost of gas these days I can live without it.
Isn't it a 07 instead of 06 Yaris? I ask because from what I know the Yaris came out last month unless i'm way far behind on alot of things XD

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Re: RE: What do you drive?

Riyko said:
Kreskin said:
Isn't it a 07 instead of 06 Yaris? I ask because from what I know the Yaris came out last month unless i'm way far behind on alot of things XD

The 06 came out in Canada but the 07 was the first in the US.

SlayerJake

May 7, 2006
Montréal

Mazda MX-6 1995. I love my car.

quinton

Electoral Member
Jan 20, 2006
I drive a Giant Boulder and when I want performance I drive my sporty vehicle - the Norco Charger.

Both of them get about 100 kilometers on a days worth of food and drink.

They also have zero-emissions.