What are Canada's biggest problems?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I concur....we have to curtail the greedy public sector unions.....

Right - we rally need to get after those greedy firefighters, police officers, teachers, and nurses. It makes my blood boil to see those rich bloodsuckers driving around in their hotted up 2006 model cars and shopping in upscale stores like Walmart and Zellers. If we could only cut their exorbitant salaries down to size we could pay so much more to really deserving folks like corporate executives and professional athletes.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I concur....we have to curtail the greedy public sector unions.....
The Greed starts with our Banks.
They are the one's that purposely inflate cost of living every year from 2% to 7%.
Union's are only trying to keep up with De-evaluation of the currency.

Did you know houses in most Canadian city's have been inflating around 5-7% a year?
That means they have been doubling in price almost every 10 year's since we started printing money.

This system works fine at first when your houses cost only 25 000. But now we are at the point that, to keep Printing like we have, 10 years from today a house in my region will cost 700 000$ and in 20 years 1.4 million. And in 30 years 2.8 million. It no longer will work.

In other word our money is worthless. But we owe the bank interest on all of it like it was worth something.

If you think people trying to keep up with inflation is greed then your part of the less intelligent of us.

If you Calculate how many chicken eggs you could buy with 25 000$, 50 years ago, ruffly the price of a house back then in my region.
And calculate how many egg's you can buy with 300 000$ today , the cost of the same house now. I bet in both situation you could buy
around 10 000 dozen Eggs.

In other words. Cost of living is not going up. De-evaluation of are currency is what's happening. Its just a big complicated rip off that normal dumb people can't figure out so they can keep ripping you off with it.

Greedy Banker making billions from us off a worthless currency is our biggest problem.

Union fighting and getting raises equal to inflation in a big way is what's keeping this country alive.
If people can't buy car's, TV's, appliances pet's, furniture etc... Then we get massive layoffs. And more layoffs equals less buying power and that equals to more layoffs etc...
The more money everyone make's, the better everyone are.
90% of Canadians are retarded though so I don't expect many people on here to understand any of this.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Did you know houses in most Canadian city's have been inflating around 5-7% a year?
That means they have been doubling in price almost every 10 year's since we started printing money.

That's about right, when I was 10, houses cost about $5000, when I was 30 houses cost about $17,000, when I was 40 they were close to $50,000, when I was 55 they were around $120,000 and now at age 68 they are typically over $300,000.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
If you bought a house 70 years ago with 5000$ worth of silver or gold.
That same amount of gold or silver could buy you that same house
Worth 300 000$ today .

A 50$ bill is actually only worth around 1$ worth of real assets today compared to say 50 years ago when 50$ was worth close to what it's supposed to be worth.

The more we move away from 1$ being worth 1$ of real assets, the worst things will get for the middle class.

People working for less and taking pay cuts + not getting raises to stay equal to yearly inflation are the ones that will collapse this economy. As soon as they get to the point they can only afford the bare necessities it starts a snowball effect of layoffs.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
If you bought a house 70 years ago with 5000$ worth of silver or gold.
That same amount of gold or silver could buy you that same house
Worth 300 000$ today .

Baloney.

In 1954 my parents bought a house for $14,000. We just sold it for $100,000
According to your claim, we should have gotten about $600,000.

Think again

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Baloney.

Think again
Depends where you are. You must be a really depressed area to only get 100 thou for any house. Even in our little middle of nowhere town, shacks are going for 250 thou.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Baloney.

Think again

That certainly isn't true in British Columbia, my grandmother bought a house in Victoria in 1957 for under $8000, I'd defy you to find a house in Victoria today for under $400,000.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Depends where you are. You must be a really depressed area to only get 100 thou for any house. Even in our little middle of nowhere town, shacks are going for 250 thou.

He's part of the 90% i think Cliffy

Baloney.

Think again

Ha ! you got ripped off
Anyways. 7% inflation = double prices every 10 years
Some years it only inflats 2% so give and take a little.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Baloney.

Think again
In 1969, my parents bought a 150-acre farm for $15,000 (fifteen thousand dollars) I have no idea what they sold it for in 1995, but it's listed now for $900,000 (nine hundred thousand dollars) - and it's marginal ranchland nowhere near any lake with little aggregate potential and no mineral rights on the edge of the Canadian Shield.
Gotta love real estate....

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
In 1969, my parents bought a 150-acre farm for $15,000 (fifteen thousand dollars) I have no idea what they sold it for in 1995, but it's listed now for $900,000 (nine hundred thousand dollars) - and it's marginal ranchland nowhere near any lake with little aggregate potential and no mineral rights on the edge of the Canadian Shield.

That's our country's biggest problem.
Greed

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
No wonder Colpy is so mad all the time, his family are some of the worst businesspeople on earth and their cherished "fair market system" totally screws them over. That explains a lot
I bought 5 copies of Action Comics #1 and when I took them to the store last week the guy told me they were worth two dollars a piece- don't tell me there's money in comics, arse-hat!!

No wonder you come off so damn angry, old man

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Remember the good old days when we wandered into the pub, where round tables were covered with filthy red terrytowel table clothes, and we ordered a "table" ... so the entire table was filled with classes that cost two bits a piece?

Rednecks must be one of the biggest problems, because that problem was cleared up by charging $8 for the same glass and no one orders a table of beer anymore.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yep, I wonder what false estate is!

Remember the good old days when we wandered into the pub, where round tables were covered with filthy red terrytowel table clothes, and we ordered a "table" ... so the entire table was filled with classes that cost two bits a piece?

Rednecks must be one of the biggest problems, because that problem was cleared up by charging $8 for the same glass and no one orders a table of beer anymore.

You must be damn near as old as I am................ I can remember 20 cents a glass.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

And that's the whole point, I'm trying to get at.
When people could afford to order that much beer
that was creating jobs.

The more our money De-evaluates and the less money everyone makes
the worst our economy will get.

After rent electricity gas and food I have 0$ left and that's not a good sign.
And this is all due to our Banking system,

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
The first $8 beer were the fancy imports. It didn't take long for people to realize that if people will pay $8 for an import, they'll pay $8 for a fancy local beer ... then they realized if people will pay $8 for a local beer with a fancy name, they'll pay $8 for any old beer .... now we can't get a beer for less than $8. I don't think the banks had anything to do with it ... at least I'm not seeing the connection.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The first $8 beer were the fancy imports. It didn't take long for people to realize that if people will pay $8 for an import, they'll pay $8 for a fancy local beer ... then they realized if people will pay $8 for a local beer with a fancy name, they'll pay $8 for any old beer .... now we can't get a beer for less than $8. I don't think the banks had anything to do with it ... at least I'm not seeing the connection.

Is that $8 for a 12 oz. bottle or a 10 oz. glass? It's steep here but not that steep. I gave up on it when draught went to $1.50 a glass, it's probably $3 here now and $4 for a bottle.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

That's how there scam can keep operating. Its very complicated, so that normal every day people like you and me don't understand.

But what your talking about is Greed and I think that's Canada's biggest problem. It all starts with the bankers and runs all the way down to people. Don't be mistaken though. The bankers are at the top of the pyramid.

Specially the one who print our money.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
1. Environment
2. Unemployment
3. Crime
4. Healthcare
5. Immigration
6. Homelessness
7. Illegal Drugs
8. Other concerns

Biggest problem
Always was and is the.........Attitude !

Change your attitude and you might be able to eliminate the above concerns.

Do you think the criminals will quit if I change my attitude? I'm not holding my breath!