WE really need to get rid of this guy

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Its victory day for the french and western separatists. WE is gone for good. No money or work experience was ever given to students and something that changed lives for the better can no longer see itself operating in Canada.

What a service to nation - and Trudeau would only beat them worse now.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Its victory day for the french and western separatists. WE is gone for good. No money or work experience was ever given to students and something that changed lives for the better can no longer see itself operating in Canada.
Are you just trolling (?) or is this really the way you perceive this latest liberal scandal? WE got too close to Justin & the Liberal Stank, and the filth and corruption had them crash and burn....& you are blaming this on Quebec & Western Canada? Seriously?

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

I wouldn't worry. WE isn't actually gone, they just pruned one of many branches. There's still WE International, ME to WE, WE365 GP, WE Holdings, ME to WE Trips......

It may however affect the number of campaign style Trudeau commercials and endorsements that come out in the future. I suspect that symbiotic relationship may be affected.

And if you're worried about taxpayers being bought with their own money, wouldn't worry too much about that either. I suspect Skippy has plans to give away many more hundreds of billions we don't actually have to buy his majority. Debt to GDP?? We don't have to worry about that any more....that was Morneau's silly constraint. Now that PM banana-stuffer has dumped the dead weight, the credit card spending taps can be opened up like never before. I'm sure there's many voters out there like yourself that still believe budgets balance themselves and money/debt isn't actually real... and are only too happy to vote for the guy promising a 7 day weekend.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Are you just trolling (?) or is this really the way you perceive this latest liberal scandal? WE got too close to Justin & the Liberal Stank, and the filth and corruption had them crash and burn....& you are blaming this on Quebec & Western Canada? Seriously?

The answer to your question is that he's not trolling, he's just that stupid

WE is pulling out of canada, is that to avoid testifying?

We can leave and avoid testifying but their many real estate assets in Toronto can't and will be open targets for the CRA and others

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I see on the news that WE is bailing on Canada.......I guess their use for Justin and family is over.

Good riddance to them. No more liberal indoctrination campaign-style rallies paid for by Canadian taxpayers. No more indoctrination camps ill-disguised as third-world charity jaunts and paid for by students to the tune of $5000 a pop. No more saccharine speeches and pompous spouting of the social justice bible by two arrogant brothers busy lining their own pockets at the expense of students, taxpayers, sponsors and numerous school boards. The lies have been revealed. The deceptions exposed.

Well done lads.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Notice how trudie has completely thrown WE under the bus on this deal?

Kielburger brothers are fleeing the country to avoid prosecution that they know they will be charged and found guilty of, but their assets can't... At least it's nice to know that these 2 crooked brothers will never travel back to Canukistan and sully the air with their toxicity

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Cant wait for the throne speech.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
What is the whole story?

Freeland, Vance and several federal officials barred from official dealings with ex-ambassador

Canada's ethics commissioner has ordered nine senior officials — including two Liberal cabinet ministers and the chief of the defence staff — to have no official dealings with Palantir executive David MacNaughton for one year after his office found the former ambassador and Liberal adviser broke the Conflict of Interest Act.

Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion said MacNaughton, who was named president of Palantir Technologies Canada more than a year ago, communicated with or arranged multiple meetings with several public office holders for the purpose of offering pro bono assistance on Palantir's behalf.

While the offers did not result in any contracts being awarded to Palantir, the former ambassador to the U.S. "has acknowledged, with the benefit of hindsight, that these communications and meetings, to the extent they could have furthered the interests of Palantir, were contrary to [the act]," Dion wrote in his findings.

The act prohibits former public office holders from "acting in such a manner as to take improper advantage of their previous public office."

Palantir Technologies is a controversial data mining software developer used by intelligence agencies, banks and some of the biggest companies in the world.

The nine officials include:

Chrystia Freeland, current deputy prime minister (and minister of intergovernmental affairs when MacNaughton's communications with government officials took place)
Gen. Jonathan Vance, chief of defence staff
Navdeep Bains, minister of innovation, science and industry
Rick Theis, director of policy and cabinet affairs, Prime Minister's Office
Ryan Dunn, chief of staff to Bains
Leslie Church, chief of staff to the minister of public services and procurement
Jody Thomas, deputy minister, Department of National Defence
Bill Matthews, deputy minister, public services and procurement
Simon Kennedy, deputy minister, innovation, science and economic development

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
WE is pulling out of canada, is that to avoid testifying?
'WE Charity' is pulling out'a Canada.

What about 'WE Charity Foundation' or 'Me to WE Asset Holdings' or 'WE365 Holdings' or 'ME to WE Trips' or 'WE365 GP' or 'WE Foundation' or 'ME to WE Shop' or 'WEllbeing Foundation' or 'ME to WE Consumables' or '2569144 Ontario' or 'ME to WE' or one of its other many tentacles that aren't as easy to come up with in a quick Google search?

http://ca-news-forum.com/2020/08/05...charity-was-paid-40000-by-trudeau-government/

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
What is the whole story?

Freeland, Vance and several federal officials barred from official dealings with ex-ambassador

"Here we see a senior Trudeau Liberal nailed for breaking conflict of interest laws, while working for a dark and controversial surveillance giant," said Angus in a statement on Wednesday.

"Trudeau's former U.S. ambassador should have known better, but it seems that Mr. MacNaughton didn't think the rules applied to him as he used his former status to pitch his new employers. Hasn't anyone in Trudeau's team read the law?"

Not a lack of knowledge but a lack of morals. They well know the law but believe they are above it and act accordingly thus the now numerous ethics commissions investigating liberal malfeasance.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
"Here we see a senior Trudeau Liberal nailed for breaking conflict of interest laws, while working for a dark and controversial surveillance giant," said Angus in a statement on Wednesday.
"Trudeau's former U.S. ambassador should have known better, but it seems that Mr. MacNaughton didn't think the rules applied to him as he used his former status to pitch his new employers. Hasn't anyone in Trudeau's team read the law?"
Not a lack of knowledge but a lack of morals. They well know the law but believe they are above it and act accordingly thus the now numerous ethics commissions investigating liberal malfeasance.
They are Liberals. The law doesn't apply to them.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
To quote a famous past Liberal P.M. . “ Just watch me “ .

You mean another little dictator, this one from Shawinigan who faked an appendicitis attack to get out of school

The 18th and second-youngest child of a working-class family, Chrétien made a name for himself early on as an outspoken Liberal in the overwhelmingly conservative Union Nationale climate of1940s and ’50s Quebec. Meanwhile, at the live-in Roman Catholic seminary colleges where he was getting his education, he was a notorious troublemaker. At one college, he hid a passkey, allowing him and his friends to come and go after hours or to purloin fine cigars from the priests’ lounge. The following excerpt, however, illustrates another facet of the young Chrétien: an exceptional degree of determination—or stubbornness. Martin recounts how the 15-year-old future prime minister went so far as to undergo unnecessary surgery to escape from a particularly claustrophobic college, at Joliette, an hour’s train ride from his home.

source:https://archive.macleans.ca/article/1995/10/23/the-making-of-a-leader

Although my first source was the hotel owner when I visited the paper mill in Shawinigan as a representative of the paper mill in my home town

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So...we're only a few days away from the expected Trudeau (I'd say Liberal, but it's really Trudeau) Throne Speech after the Prorogation that in 2015 he promised that he'd never do, in order to hide for a handful of weeks from the several committees investigating His & other Liberals Shenanigans & scandals, etc... with the Lib's in a minority position but behaving like a Monarchy.

Great LINK:

Among the many items that stimulate curiosity about how public officials think, there was a small story out of Toronto concerning the city’s plans for a post-COVID green economy. It is a story that is also pertinent to the federal government’s overall goal of leveraging the COVID-induced meltdown of the Canadian economy to pursue, with all the flamboyance that the cause can stimulate, its treasured ideal of fighting apocalyptic global warming. The nub of the story is that Toronto’s ambulances are, thanks to federal funding, going to be outfitted with solar panels. More Here: http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-the-folly-of-green-economics

Now, to make things interesting, currently both Erin O'Toole & Yves-Francois Blanchet are out with the Covid...Both men will now be unable to attend next week’s throne speech, with Blanchet required to isolate until at least Sept. 26 and O’Toole until at least Oct.1.
More here: http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/cp-newsalert-bloc-leader-blanchet-tests-positive-for-covid-19

The country awaits a throne speech next week that should enlighten us about the balance in the collective mind of the government between the COVID-19 pandemic and the desire for transformational green economics. It appears that former finance minister Bill Morneau was eased out because of his disquietude with the extent of deficit financing and particularly with the lack of any disconcertion among his colleagues over exploiting unnaturally low interest rates to go on in a state of fiscal profligacy through the COVID era, and beyond. The new finance minister, Chrystia Freeland, is the principal subject of a good deal of media speculation and mind-reading about this, and her book, “Plutocrats” (2012), is enjoying a brisk reading among the parliamentary media. She appears to be less an advocate of economic growth than of what she considers to be a more equitable distribution of the wealth of the country. I have no standing to be more precise but it seems a safe assumption that if there are not irresistible countervailing forces, fiscal policy will to some extent reflect that perspective. More here: http://nationalpost.com/opinion/conrad-black-freeland-prepares-to-take-us-down-a-self-defeating-path