Vanni and Rev meet up

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
If your out this way, by all means let us know, Manda. We'll introduce you to the Winnipeg tradition of drinking a lot. It's pretty much the same as the tradition of drinking a lot elsewhere, actually.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Re: RE: Vanni and Rev meet up

Reverend Blair said:
If your out this way, by all means let us know, Manda. We'll introduce you to the Winnipeg tradition of drinking a lot. It's pretty much the same as the tradition of drinking a lot elsewhere, actually.

I'll definately have to compare it with the maritime tradition of drinking a lot...and see how funny people talk when drunk out there. the Newfoundlanders that have moved here are absolutely hilarious!!!

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Re: RE: Vanni and Rev meet up

Reverend Blair said:
I am getting old, Zen. We went to the Pemby. I hadn't been there since we went to see Jim's band. You remember that, Zen? I think he was still your manager then. Oddly, the place hasn't really changed.

I remember Jim had a band...I vaguely remember Gordo singing Monkee tunes.... Something about a fire and then a stripper with puppet show....Then arguing with someone trying to sell us Coke in CK's...I'm not sure if they are connected.Maybe we should ask Gonda... :?: :idea:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
They are connected in that they all included massive beer drinking.

Gordo was singing Monkey tunes because I kept insisting that the Monkeys were less commercial than the Beatles. (No, I don't believe that, but this guy talks incessantly about the Beatles so I had to say it.)

The fire could have been any one of a thousand incidents, but you're likely thinking of when I lit my face on fire.

The stripper with the puppet show was at the Polo Park Inn. That's when we took JD, I think. I don't think he'd ever seen a naked woman before.

The guy trying to sell us coke (his name was Larry, btw) was the night that Mrs. Rev and I jumped out the window of the boat when we discovered that you'd booked us on a disco cruise. That's the same night I drove into you with that old yellow and red truck I had.