Vanni and Rev meet up

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well I did stay there once ocean, I hate places where some poor bastard has to stand out front in a dumb suit and you pretend your somebody :p
This calls for a plan!!! we cannot just have any run of the mill meet up, its got to memorable! after all we are the wotthehell gang, ehm...no thats another gang, no we are the ya ya sisterhood of canadian content :p
Rev and vanni, their meet up was, well kinda boring :sleepy1: I shall start a thread in our lotusland thread, lets post suggestions and than we can decide. 8)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
peapod said:
Well I did stay there once ocean, I hate places where some poor bastard has to stand out front in a dumb suit and you pretend your somebody :p
This calls for a plan!!! we cannot just have any run of the mill meet up, its got to memorable! after all we are the wotthehell gang, ehm...no thats another gang, no we are the ya ya sisterhood of canadian content :p
Rev and vanni, their meet up was, well kinda boring :sleepy1: I shall start a thread in our lotusland thread, lets post suggestions and than we can decide. 8)

Sounds like a plan... :thumbleft:

( I like the Pan Pacific for a post theatre nightcap. Nice way to end an evening;-)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I like the Pan Pacific for a post theatre nightcap. Nice way to end an evening;-)

Oh boy ocean :p I am gonna have some fun with you :lol: :lol: just kiddin...maybe :wink:

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Thats it 8O No taking somebody out back of the bar nothing 8O No drunken bar brawl 8O No neocon atttack dogs nothing :p :p No brawling on Portage and Main 8O And you guys two call yourself guys :p

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
mrmom2 said:
Thats it 8O No taking somebody out back of the bar nothing 8O No drunken bar brawl 8O No neocon atttack dogs nothing :p :p No brawling on Portage and Main 8O And you guys two call yourself guys :p

rather tame, wasn't it???? :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Okay! a few questions for you boys!!!

1. how did you reconize each other??? was vanni wearing a funny hat???
2. did you hug or shake hands???
3. What did you talk about???
4. How many beers did you drink?
5. Did you have anything to eat??
6. How many times did you either one of you go to the bathroom??
7. How many girls did you oggle??
8. What did you say about the us guys at the board??
9. What time did you go home??

I will think of more later... :p

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
In answer to peapod's insidiously nosy queries:

1. No, Vanni did not wear a funny hat. I'd seen a picture of the Rev on Vive, and so I had an idea of what to look for. As it turns out, he looks very little like his picture on Vive, but that did not deter me one bit...I approached from his flank while he was making inquiries to the waitress as to the flavours of beer...that was all the confirmation I needed, and I stepped up to introduce myself.

He turned to me and said "You wouldn't happen to be Vanni Fucci would you?"

Now, I must admit that I thought about replying with something like "What are you some kind of queer?", but I didn't want to start out the evening with a punch in the chops...the good Reverend is a fair bit bigger than he looks in his picture on Vive...

2. No, we didn't hug...we shook hands, like real men...I was a little astonished to find that his wife shook my hand like a real man too... 8O

3. We talked about you peapod...the whole night...

4. I think we had somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10 drinks each...of course the good Reverend savours his ale, and so I might have been one or two up on him by the end of the night...I think the Reverend Mrs. had one or two...

5. Nothing to eat for any of us...

6. I think I went twice...and I went first, because I drink faster than he does...and that first time I wandered off in the general direction that I presumed it to be...looking in this doorway, and peering in that...finally there it was with a big lit up sign "MEN" right in the middle of the back wall...as I was coming back I thought to myself that they must really think I'm a dumbass, missing a big sign like that...

Then after a time, it was the Rev's turn to go, so he asked me where it was..."Back there." I says, and pointed in the general direction...and so off he goes, weaving this way and that, looking, peering...finally stopping to ask the waitress for directions...

Me and his Mrs. thought that was pretty funny... :p

The rest of our pit stops were far less eventful...well except that I missed last call...:(

7. The bar where we met was not exactly a meat market, and the Reverend Mrs. was one of three women in the building with our waitress being one, and the bartender another...er...at least I think the bartender was a women...:?

There wasn't even a mirror in the bathroom for me to ogle myself... :roll:

8. We said that you guys are nosy, and ask too damn many questions... :p

9. We went home after they closed the bar behind us...

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
tHanks Vanni. Now , we wait for the Rev's VERSION.. :wink:

(and find out if they really were at the same place at the same time.... :wink:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
There wasn't even a mirror in the bathroom for me to ogle myself... Rolling Eyes

Hrmph! Don't go back to that bar....ever again! Yikes!
How are you to know if your hair is sitting down properly and that you don't have boogies hanging out of your nose?
I'd have complained to the management. Or checked out the other washroom at the very least.

Great rendition, Vanni. very very informative. There is much that we can do with this information.....i'm sure.....mahahahahahahaha!

just kidding.....we'd at least need some hair and skin samples to do anything at all effective.

edgerunner

Electoral Member
Sep 28, 2004
Seattle
Yo, yo , yo, Rev,
Please do not drink any beers for me. Someone else we both know and love is already doing that quite well, thank-you.
Why on this green Earth do you all hang out in that forsaken frozen tundra up there, anyways? Barf is not supposed to come out stiff. I am all ashiver just thinking of Pem._____ Avenue. So, did you like each other's faces when you met? What other kinds of things are in common with yous besides brew?
We all need more details than bus-barfing activities, please.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
My version...

1. No, he should've though. I should've too. Funny hats are cool. I never thought of it.

2. We shook hands. If one or both of us would have been wearing a funny hat, I might have kissed him.

3. The thermodynamic equations involved in not answering questions.

4. 10 or 12, I guess...plus some before I got there. I also had the foresight to bring one to drink on the way home.

5. Nope. Beer is very nutritious.

6. Every single time I needed to take a leak.

7. I gave Mrs. Rev a look or two, but I don't think she noticed.

8. After the discussion about greying pubic hair we didn't mention you at all.

9. When they quit serving booze. Since this is Winnipeg, there's not even any point in ordering a million beer at last call. They won't let you drink them anyway.

Random notes:

Vanni does drink faster than I do. That's likely not healthy. Also, a lot of people wouldn't have thought it possible.

If he would have asked me if I was some kind of queer, I would've said, "Why, whaddya have in mind?"

Men should not need a mirror in the bathroom.

Vanni had to ride in the back of Mrs. Rev's car. I believe he mentioned earlier that he missed his house. That's likely because he couldn't see past the feckin' garbage.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Reverend Blair said:
Vanni does drink faster than I do. That's likely not healthy. Also, a lot of people wouldn't have thought it possible.

8O 8O 8O 8O :twisted: You must be gettin' old there Rev.I've seen the waitress shoot you the..." Damn it I just brought him one look before. I wish he'd slow down cause I really need a cigarette" :p ...look before. Which bar on Pembina ?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I am getting old, Zen. We went to the Pemby. I hadn't been there since we went to see Jim's band. You remember that, Zen? I think he was still your manager then. Oddly, the place hasn't really changed.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
peapod said:
Well hopefully you will be heading west mandy pandy :p We will have a monster bash when yur covered wagon arrives.... :wink:

....As long as it does not involve wagon burning 8O ....eeep!

If this goal does become reality, we;ll probably stop in Winnipeg to say hi to Rev and Vanni on the way, it'll be a can content roadtrip...With Kids! :lol: