Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

It's Obama's fault.. 8O

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Re: Major riots in Vancouver after Canuck loss!

What kinda of moron cops abdandon cruisers in the middle of riots?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

What kinda of moron cops abdandon cruisers in the middle of riots?

Who said they were abandoned in the middle of the riot? Could they not have been merely parked prior to the riot while they just kept a presence on foot? :smile:

Elder

Electoral Member
Jan 15, 2011
New Westminster, BC, CA

There is a ready solution: ban the Canucks permanently from the playoffs. End of story. The oafish Vancouver sports fans have proven twice that they cannot be trusted to conduct themselves as respectful adults.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

There is a ready solution: ban the Canucks permanently from the playoffs. End of story. The oafish Vancouver sports fans have proven twice that they cannot be trusted to conduct themselves as respectful adults.

I don't think you have to worry about that, they've blown their chances for another 20 years.

Two other points: the people rioting weren't Canucks fans, they were run of the mill idiots who wanted a riot.
The other solution is to not have 50,000 people drinking for 8 hours and watching tv together downtown.

Elder

Electoral Member
Jan 15, 2011
New Westminster, BC, CA

I don't think you have to worry about that, they've blown their chances for another 20 years.

Two other points: the people rioting weren't Canucks fans, they were run of the mill idiots who wanted a riot.
The other solution is to not have 50,000 people drinking for 8 hours and watching tv together downtown.

Were you in downtown Vancouver? Many fans were involved. Mob mentality does not spare anyone. Once that energy takes hold good people do bad things.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

This is a forum for Canadians. What are you doing showing an American flag in here and having an opinion?

LMAO... What a noob. You're in for a rude awakening.

You mean to tell me you don't know the difference between an American flag and the UK flag?

Elder

Electoral Member
Jan 15, 2011
New Westminster, BC, CA

LMAO... What a noob. You're in for a rude awakening.

You mean to tell me you don't know the difference between an American flag and the UK flag?

This is ended. The flag bears a startling resemblance to the early US ones.

Last edited:

Elder

Electoral Member
Jan 15, 2011
New Westminster, BC, CA

since america is the bastard son of UK it is all the same to me.

TenPenny

I sincerely apologize to you for being so uncharacteristically offensive.

There is no excuse for rudeness but I have diabetes, forgot to eat and blood sugars took a dive. This has been remedied and I retract the unfortunate comments made to you.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
In my opinion it was a Police responsibility to keep the city safe, the Ploce failed in carrying out their responsibilities.

No, the police were in a no win situation. With a leftarded mayor and council they were not permitted to clamp down hard right at the start of trouble or shoot the bastards that created the mess.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

A whole generation ago the same exact thing happened in Vancouver. I was there. I watch a girl nearly lose her head and then was hosed down with tear gas by asshole PIGS while in line to go for a drink with my gal. Sports fans are ****ed in the head. Especially the one in Vancouver.

Especially the ones in Vancouver?

Has everybody in here magically forgotten what happens in Montreal in regards to the Canadiens & their fan base?

If they lose, they riot..... if they win..... they riot..... even when they're nowhere close to the Cup Finals.... they riot.

And yet, here people are, giving people in Van. one big finger wag for their actions and talking about how much of a disgrace they have comitted.

And they did.... but I hardly ever see anybody give people in Montreal the same kind of scrutiny for their rioting.... it seems to just be expected and everybody seems to be accustomed to it, as if to say "oh, those silly Montreal fans, what will they do next?"

I'm not trying to justify rioting over a sporting event..... but in a game 7 loss in the cup finals to a visiting team and your home team didn't even get one goal..... I knew what was going to happen.

Added:

By the way, these riots made world news.... CNN covered it, and I guess it even made a few morning shows here in Australia.

We all remember how great a celebration Canadians had nation-wide when we won gold in the Olympics..... imagine what would have happened if we lost, let alone never got a medal.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

TenPenny

I sincerely apologize to you for being so uncharacteristically offensive.

There is no excuse for rudeness but I have diabetes, forgot to eat and blood sugars took a dive. This has been remedied and I retract the unfortunate comments made to you.

Nothing to apologize for, he was casting aspersions upon one of the best teams in the league! :smile:

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I saw written on the boarded up windows of the BMO building on Georgia this afternoon: "real fans don't riot." The morning after hangover apparently is to be plagued by No True Scotsman fallacies.

Don't be so ridiculous as to believe that our "hockey fans" don't riot. I think people saying this are fans themselves and are personally offended when the rioters are also called fans. Those people need to take a step back and stop self-identifying so strongly with such a trivial association. Don't take it personally. Not everyone who likes hockey needs to think and act the same as you.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

The Police Chief said the riots were planned and started by anarchists, they should be called urban terrorists..