Two brewing scandals that could help unseat the liberals.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It buried the Carbon Tax court case. I had to turn local media to keep track.

I guess it's irrelevant with Scheer killing it anyway come October.

It buried the Huawei-China-Trump thing, and the NAFTA-Freeland thing, and the India Costume Party thing, and the Pipeline Purchase after the Bill C-69 thing (wait, wasn't C-69 the omnibus monstrosity that the SNC Lavolin's 'Get out'a jail free card' was hidden in?), and the Vacation Scandals (plural), and the Freeland-Saudi-Tweet thing, and the 383 people Trudeau flew to Paris for the Climate Conference (Go Team Green!!), and so on and so forth....and that's off the top of my head.

("Hey @Trevornoah - thanks for everything you're doing to celebrate Nelson Mandela's legacy at the @GlblCtzn festival. Sorry I can't be with you - but how about Canada pledges $50M to @EduCannotWait to support education for women & girls around the world? Work for you? Let's do it," Trudeau tweeted to the South African comedian and The Daily Show host)

I hope to Hell Canadians aren't suffering too much short term memory loss (too soon after Bill C-45?) before Oct 21st.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
It buried the Huawei-China-Trump thing, and the NAFTA-Freeland thing, and the India Costume Party thing, and the Pipeline Purchase after the Bill C-69 thing (wait, wasn't C-69 the omnibus monstrosity that the SNC Lavolin's 'Get out'a jail free card' was hidden in?), and the Vacation Scandals (plural), and the Freeland-Saudi-Tweet thing, and the 383 people Trudeau flew to Paris for the Climate Conference (Go Team Green!!), and so on and so forth....and that's off the top of my head.

("Hey @Trevornoah - thanks for everything you're doing to celebrate Nelson Mandela's legacy at the @GlblCtzn festival. Sorry I can't be with you - but how about Canada pledges $50M to @EduCannotWait to support education for women & girls around the world? Work for you? Let's do it," Trudeau tweeted to the South African comedian and The Daily Show host)

I hope to Hell Canadians aren't suffering too much short term memory loss (too soon after Bill C-45?) before Oct 21st.
In regards to that pipeline thing , it looks like the NEB is giving approval, I am wondering if losing that fight might actually contributed to Butts sudden exit . Just musing .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Haven’t really checked what they said , but Butts is firmly against the oil and gas sector.
Plucked fresh from the anti-everything clan.

Mark my words, Trudeau will give the pipeline to First Nations. It'll be this summer when the House isn't sitting or after the fall session closes for the election.

I wonder how many Billions of our hard earned and yet to be earned dollars will chucked towards everything East of Kenora to buy votes?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Plucked fresh from the anti-everything clan.
Mark my words, Trudeau will give the pipeline to First Nations. It'll be this summer when the House isn't sitting or after the fall session closes for the election.
I wonder how many Billions of our hard earned and yet to be earned dollars will chucked towards everything East of Kenora to buy votes?
Yeah, that 12 million person majority in the West is always getting the shaft.

The East doesn't DESERVE anything because the West is so much more moral than they are.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You deserve nothing .
Neither do you, pigs.

When that massive earthquake destroys the Fraser Delta and you, too we will come to your aid. I doubt, however, that you selfish whining narcisists would reciprocate.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Neither do you, pigs.

When that massive earthquake destroys the Fraser Delta and you, too we will come to your aid. I doubt, however, that you selfish whining narcisists would reciprocate.
Whatever . I look forward to seeing Mt. Baker blow her top . I was pissed her sister Helen blew first .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Whatever . I look forward to seeing Mt. Baker blow her top . I was pissed her sister Helen blew first .
Baker will bury you in ash (literally) ... maybe even cook you in a pyroclastic flow. It might even get set off by the earthquake.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Neither do you, pigs.
Ummm...for the more uneducated among you...

I hope you enjoy your jokeville lawn parties shaken, not stirred.

“Not far from Memphis and St. Louis...the continent tried to rip in half...”

In 1999, FEMA identified four hazards in the United States that, were they consummated in all their destructive wonder, would be worthy of the title “catastrophic.” They were: a major earthquake hitting Los Angeles, a major hurricane hitting Miami, a major hurricane hitting New Orleans (check), and a giant earthquake hitting the Central US.
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/06/the-great-middle-american-earthquake/486623/

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
You deserve nothing .
Unlike some communists I believe we all have a right to earn from what we have to work with.

However there appears to be an oil controlling force in the world that topples any government that doesn't do exactly as they are told. That is the government we need to deal with. That government is NOT the US government either as it might appear on first blush.

How do I know?
:)
Because someone has been leaking (on purpose) their plans, and if one catches those broadcasts, and then invests carefully, one makes money from oil, which comes in handy if one has to retire early for the one thing more important than wealth.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Then, there's the OTHER boondoggle that is about to break as Admiral Norman's kangaroo trial progresses.
The RCN needs a bare minimum of two supply vessels ... one on each coast (We used to have three ...tow in Halifax to fulfill our NATO commitments and one full time resident of Esquimalt)

Which would you rather pay? $600 million + $500 million = Total 1.1 Billion for two that fully meet spec.

Or

$2 Billion + $2 Billion = $ 4 Billion preliminary estimate (will likely come in at $5-6 Billion when they actually build them)

Well, the first pair is already half way done and the result is outstanding. Why not finish that an save you and I $ BILLIONS of tax money? Because the Liberals have their fix in with buddies.... and they are throwing Admiral Norman (a smart guy and probably not a Liberal) under the bus for doing his job wellbut not dancing to the Liberal tune!

Let's rid ourselves of these arseholes.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
They are half done and already outstanding.

Thats pretty funny

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
They are half done and already outstanding.
Thats pretty funny
The ship that has been built already ... one half of the pair ... is an outstanding vessel that was at sea almost immediately after being delivered in time and on budget.

Your Liberals ARE STEAMING MAD about that and are trying to throw the book at Norman. They will lose the next election over this sort of swaggering arrogance.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Then, there's the OTHER boondoggle that is about to break as Admiral Norman's kangaroo trial progresses.
The RCN needs a bare minimum of two supply vessels ... one on each coast (We used to have three ...tow in Halifax to fulfill our NATO commitments and one full time resident of Esquimalt)

Which would you rather pay? $600 million + $500 million = Total 1.1 Billion for two that fully meet spec.

Or

$2 Billion + $2 Billion = $ 4 Billion preliminary estimate (will likely come in at $5-6 Billion when they actually build them)

Well, the first pair is already half way done and the result is outstanding. Why not finish that an save you and I $ BILLIONS of tax money? Because the Liberals have their fix in with buddies.... and they are throwing Admiral Norman (a smart guy and probably not a Liberal) under the bus for doing his job wellbut not dancing to the Liberal tune!

Let's rid ourselves of these arseholes.

I have a good feeling that by the time Admiral Norman's lawyer Marie Henein - excellent choice BTW - is finished with the Crown's so-called evidence, evasions and withholding of evidence, the Admiral will be exonerated. From everything I've been reading about the pre-trial, she's got the government by the short hairs.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The ship that has been built already ... one half of the pair ... is an outstanding vessel that was at sea almost immediately after being delivered in time and on budget.

Your Liberals ARE STEAMING MAD about that and are trying to throw the book at Norman. They will lose the next election over this sort of swaggering arrogance.
I thought he was accused of breech of trust.