Tories suggest missing aboriginal women related to domestic violence

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I do doubt it. You may have found someone but the right someone would be questionable. Also the bodies are missing so yeah...

Obviously you're not as close and In the know about you're daughters

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Obviously you're not as close and In the know about you're daughters

I don't have any daughters and just wait until your kids hit teenhood Mr. I Know Everything

reality and how you think it is going to be often times part company

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Translation: Lets squander a whole bunch of taxpayer's money on a feel good junket around the country.
If the inquiry is correctly designed,in the long run, Canadians will benifit,both finance and within the administration of law and justice.
It all depends on the design.

So why was a study done by the Harper Govt into domestic violence in the Native populous that came out in 2011? I posted a link above!

Violent victimization of Aboriginal women in the Canadian provinces, 2009

What are we supposed to do? House, educate and enhance life's skills in a safe environment away from the source of their woes?

How about we look into something like how in the hell 10% of the population is responsible for 40% of healthcare cost and 85% of the Court and corrections?
i don't have all the answers,and for the record, and future reference,I am not big on numbers,have never believed them,never will,particularly if they are repeated numbers.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Their you go ,you have just solved the problem . A go nowhere ,learn nothing , do nothing culture thanks to the reservation system
started by our forefathers and maintained by successive generations with little or no change amid and despite continual abuses of both people and system .
Good Chr@st am I supposed to in a discussion forum come up with solutions to every offshoot problem Canadians face going back to confederation??

... And yet, you are demanding another Commission, investigation, Blue Ribbon Panel, etc, ad infinitum...

Ironic

The question Petros asked would have directly addressed bluebyrd's position... All it would have taken was a short visit to the link he provided.

... I suppose that is asking too much of some people, much like yourself, that have a greater vested interest in not solving problems as it cripples your lobby agenda
What the h!@ll is the matter with you?? Have you no reading skills whatsoever.......Inspite of my repeatedly stating, I DO NOT RECOMMEND, ENDORSE, OR OTHERWISE SUPPORT AN INQUIRY, BLUE-RIBBON PANEL OR ANY OTHER GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATION you persistently keep asking why I do.

Try to understand.....A Police Task Force using facilities and manpower that already exist to bring retribution to those who murder and cause young women of native indian extraction to disappear at an alarming rate and give peace to their families.

Has it occurred to you yet that Pedro's question was answered and you either didn't bother to read it (I must admit it was not a short one line answer to his one line question).. but at least you could, out of courtesy, at least read the damned answers.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
as many Canadians have,an already understanding of the information process and oversight of this process within the administration of law and justice,the construction of design of the inquirycan enter into a meaningful place of what we know and what we do not know,to start the inquiry as a place of beginnings of playing the "we did not know" would be wrong,this advanced method of design of starting in the middle of the inquiry alone would save Canadians and the process alot of money and time.
We know alot already,it is what we don't know,and correcting it.

Taking away the power of prejustices and discrimination and more so politcal influences on our administration of law and justice,givng the power to the Canadian people.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
What the h!@ll is the matter with you?? Have you no reading skills whatsoever.......Inspite of my repeatedly stating, I DO NOT RECOMMEND, ENDORSE, OR OTHERWISE SUPPORT AN INQUIRY, BLUE-RIBBON PANEL OR ANY OTHER GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATION you persistently keep asking why I do.

Because you persist in not wanting to recognize or support the reality that there have been in the past and are, presently, ongoing police investigations... Apparently these aren't to your uber high standard, so you moan about the gubmint not doing enough.

Ergo, if you don't support the current police investigations AND you demand that gubmint do more, all you are doing is demanding some form of Commission, Panel, Fed Investigation, et al, ad infinitum.

Newsflash - Those have already been done multiple times

Try to understand.....A Police Task Force using facilities and manpower that already exist to bring retribution to those who murder and cause young women of native indian extraction to disappear at an alarming rate and give peace to their families.

Despite your refusal to acknowledge this, IT does exist and has been happening for as long as these crimes/events have been reported.

What part of this is sooo complex that it escapes you?

Has it occurred to you yet that Pedro's question was answered and you either didn't bother to read it (I must admit it was not a short one line answer to his one line question).. but at least you could, out of courtesy, at least read the damned answers.

You didn't answer it, why do you think he reposted the same comment umpteen times... That's right, 'cause you didn't answer

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
as many Canadians have,an already understanding of the information process and oversight of this process within the administration of law and justice,the construction of design of the inquirycan enter into a meaningful place of what we know and what we do not know,to start the inquiry as a place of beginnings of playing the "we did not know" would be wrong,this advanced method of design of starting in the middle of the inquiry alone would save Canadians and the process alot of money and time.

Taking away the power of prejustices and discrimination and more so politcal influences on our administration of law and justice,givng the power to the Canadian people.

Even if you were capable of understanding what you just wrote, i would not be impressed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

We know what is happening. It's domestic violence far above and beyond the non Native crowd. It's social issues that are well known and addressed. What more can be done?

Last edited:

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
We know what is happening. It's domestic violence far above and beyond the non Native crowd. It's social issues that ate well know and addressed. What more can be done?

Peeps that live in a little perfect world in their minds tend to whine.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Because you persist in not wanting to recognize or support the reality that there have been in the past and are, presently, ongoing police investigations... Apparently these aren't to your uber high standard, so you moan about the gubmint not doing enough.

Ergo, if you don't support the current police investigations AND you demand that gubmint do more, all you are doing is demanding some form of Commission, Panel, Fed Investigation, et al, ad infinitum.

Newsflash - Those have already been done multiple times

Despite your refusal to acknowledge this, IT does exist and has been happening for as long as these crimes/events have been reported.

What part of this is sooo complex that it escapes you?

You didn't answer it, why do you think he reposted the same comment umpteen times... That's right, 'cause you didn't answer
If it is all taken care of; every possible avenue explored, I wonder why so many are still missing and murders unsolved in native communities than elsewhere in Canada. Perhaps you might take time to explain why the discrepancy still exists between the white and native populations,since you claim all is well.

Since I put forth my ideas as you suggested, how about you posting your solutions.

We know what is happening. It's domestic violence far above and beyond the non Native crowd. It's social issues that are well known and addressed. What more can be done?
How are they addressed.. This is not the first time I have asked and have received no response.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How aren't they addressed by civic, municipal, provincial and federal levels? What are the root causes of domestic violence? Lifestyle choices?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I think that the first step that she demands is that in addition to the municipal and provincial investigations that are ongoing, the Federal government, in concert with CSIS and the military, are todrop everything they are doing and focus exclusively on these crimes.

Until then, the balance of society can stand in a holding pattern until bluebyrd gives them the nod to move on or that the current investigations are representative of the Fed findings

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
None, nobody, zero peeps, will discuss the fact that living the way natives do is far more likely to fuk you up. I have seen it in family many times, that is why we stay the hell away from the reserves. If the bleeding hearts could see the way children are treated they would not be in the "natives are wonderful" lineup.
That being said, i know many who carry full or mostly full native blood, work and live off reserve very successfully. If you could go back in time and even presently to Ireland, Ukraine, etc, you would find people living like idiots. Nothing changes.

whitedog

It''s our duty, vote.
Mar 13, 2006
Just like Skook mentioned, this issue has been around for many years, enough so that there have been multiple commissions, investigations, etc, etc. Engaging another won't change the results.

On that note, the 'findings' are no different from any other demographic relative to women of any culture (probably men too). Just 'cause you want to isolate and analyze one cultural demographic does not make it a magically unique circumstance that somehow justifies your twisted fantasies of genocide and assumed programs of extermination

As for the conspiracy theory bullsh*t, get a grip.... You have this compelling info, release it Matlock and blow the whole crime wide open... Until then, yours are just the ravings of a partisan lunatic that has no grasp of reality.

I'm really interested what these folks recommend be done?.. Severe limits on what, where and when FN women can exercise their freedoms?.. Demand they all achieve PhDs under pain of death?

The only people that can affect the changes they desire are themselves.... No amount legislation, sensitivity training or punishing outside, unrelated 3rd parties will push that change
I think that some things for example, like having the police look into a disappearance regardless of the individuals social standing, or what they might do for a living. I think the bc picton case was pretty clear about that. But hey, we could all be Pertros, sry, I mean morons, and just not worry about it - but sooner or later, some of these predators will get hungry, and perhaps "native" won't be available on the menu that night. And so, if they target one of your daughters, sisters, mothers or wives, not to worry, the Cons will get tough with them if they catch them. Tougher sentences you know. Makes one feel warm all over.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
How aren't they addressed by civic, municipal, provincial and federal levels? What are the root causes of domestic violence? Lifestyle choices?
LOL The question was " Perhaps you might take time to explain why the discrepancy still exists between the white and native populations,since you along with the government claim problem solved.." I ask again how has that been done, since those are not new or changed programs and they don't work.

I think that the first step that she demands is that in addition to the municipal and provincial investigations that are ongoing, the Federal government, in concert with CSIS and the military, are todrop everything they are doing and focus exclusively on these crimes.

Until then, the balance of society can stand in a holding pattern until bluebyrd gives them the nod to move on or that the current investigations are representative of the Fed findings
Stupid comment again. I do wish you would stop prevaricating. Why do you make up, what you think I know, think, expect when your comprehension of the written words is so poor. I have corrected you again and again. I have demanded where I posted what you keep attributing to me. Please stop.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
LOL The question was " Perhaps you might take time to explain why the discrepancy still exists between the white and native populations,since you along with the government claim problem solved.." I ask again how has that been done, since those are not new or changed programs and they don't work.

Stupid comment again. I do wish you would stop prevaricating. Why do you make up, what you think I know, think, expect when your comprehension of the written words are so poor. I have corrected you again and again. I have demanded where I posted what you keep attributing to me. Please stop.

The discrepancies exist primarily because of the reserve system. DIA is a large part of the problem. Poverty caused by permitting band members to live on their traditional lands even though there are no jobs for sometimes hundreds of miles is part of the problem. White social workers with a guilt complex is the largest part of the problem.

Studies, royal commissions etc with no political commitment to turn recomendations into law are nothing but a feel good waste of money. Like most things run by government the Native system is broken. Trouble is that like drug laws there are too many vested interests on all sides to be able to produce any significant change.