Tories suggest missing aboriginal women related to domestic violence

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I don't have any daughters and just wait until your kids hit teenhood Mr. I Know Everything

reality and how you think it is going to be often times part company

By the time they choose too take full responsibility of their lives, I'll happily show them the door. I won't even fight them. I've already show them what they need to do to succeed in their life. Sink or swim.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Does she want to bring back residential facilities so women are safe from the men?
No I don't A happy 45 year marriage, and then living and traveling mostly alone why would I want such a thing.

Crickey so a woman having a different opinion than you makes her a man hater??? Don't assume that women hate the way men do, they don't or domestic violence against males would be equal to that of men against women.

Last edited:

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Even if you were capable of understanding what you just wrote, i would not be impressed.
Hi Skookumchuck,thanks for the kind words,
i am not sure of what i wrote,never mind trying to understand it,for me the hot pen method is all about the writings,it has nothing to do with facts or intelligence,it is all about the writing,simple concept I believe,I hope noone takes me serious.
what are you not impressed by, what is it you don't like about my opinion,or maybe it is the possibly it takes me to write one paragragh in two hours,possibly this makes you unimpressed,is it my spelling?Or my grammer?Computer skills?
please tell me,this helps on my self improvement project.
thanks,personal touch

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
The discrepancies exist primarily because of the reserve system. DIA is a large part of the problem. Poverty caused by permitting band members to live on their traditional lands even though there are no jobs for sometimes hundreds of miles is part of the problem. White social workers with a guilt complex is the largest part of the problem.

Studies, royal commissions etc with no political commitment to turn recomendations into law are nothing but a feel good waste of money. Like most things run by government the Native system is broken. Trouble is that like drug laws there are too many vested interests on all sides to be able to produce any significant change.
I agree. The whole system needs to be changed, but I cannot see a fair way to have it happen.

Last edited:

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I agree. The whole system needs to be changed, but I cannot see a fair way to have it happen.

We can't do it for them. As bad as we may feel about the results of our successful military actions against them, it's really up to them to rise and find their own way passed their own problems. Sink or swim.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I think that some things for example, like having the police look into a disappearance regardless of the individuals social standing, or what they might do for a living. I think the bc picton case was pretty clear about that. But hey, we could all be Pertros, sry, I mean morons, and just not worry about it - but sooner or later, some of these predators will get hungry, and perhaps "native" won't be available on the menu that night. And so, if they target one of your daughters, sisters, mothers or wives, not to worry, the Cons will get tough with them if they catch them. Tougher sentences you know. Makes one feel warm all over.

So you are suggesting that it is only non natives that are the predators. Just what the peeps with an agenda want.

whitedog

It''s our duty, vote.
Mar 13, 2006
So you are suggesting that it is only non natives that are the predators. Just what the peeps with an agenda want.
I don;'t see what race predators take matters. Sure they could be native, black, white or whatever, I don't see how that is important. Nor do i see the fact that its native women that are going missing, if Canadian women are going missing, we should expect a vigorous investigation by the police. Moral judgement should not come into play.