Tories suggest missing aboriginal women related to domestic violence

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
As far as I know all they have done is petition others to look into their problems.
What needs to be done is, they need to figure out a way to solve this problem by themselves.
You can't help people who can't even be bothered to help themselves. The result will always be like pissing money in the wind.
no, that is not what needs to be done....not that way. These women are victims of their own culture, and of the white world, they need the support in various ways from their own culture and from us. Another study isn't going to do it. Their families need to know where they are, they have a right to know what happened to them. But it is a tough situation. they likely have been victims of domestic abuse...it's a systemic issue.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
no, that is not what needs to be done....not that way. These women are victims of their own culture, and of the white world, they need the support in various ways from their own culture and from us. Another study isn't going to do it. Their families need to know where they are, they have a right to know what happened to them. But it is a tough situation. they likely have been victims of domestic abuse...it's a systemic issue.

Yes cause we are all entitled that the government spends millions of everyone's money finding those bodies.

Wow, three generations of people that needed someone else to do things for them.

How do you reconcile with your hypocrisy?

I don't. I take the best from both worlds, and make my own path.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yes cause we are all entitled that the government spends millions of everyone's money finding those bodies.
if it were your child's body Angstrom you would want to know...who wouldn't want to know where their child is, who wouldn't be tortured? We have already spent millions of dollars on this, there was no answer at this time. Some will turn up, others will not. People go missing everyday...hundreds of them.

We spend millions of dollars needlessly daily. That is not the answer either. Just because I think they have a right to know what happened to their mothers, their daughters, their sisters, doesn't mean I think another study should be done. It is a systemic issue that needs to be worked on. We just keep throwing money at it. that is not the answer, but neither is turning our backs

Have rudimentary social issues ever been resolved in any segment of society by Govt?
never

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
As far as I know all they have done is petition others to look into their problems.
What needs to be done is, they need to figure out a way to solve this problem by themselves.
You can't help people who can't even be bothered to help themselves. The result will always be like pissing money in the wind.
The key words in that post is "As far as you know" Try doing a bit of research. Reporting the missing person, putting up flyers, keeping their anguish in the news, what else should they do?? Tell me if your daughter, wife or sister went missing, what would you do?? What are our taxes for if not for looking after local problems. Next you will be recommending we actually take on collecting those taxes so the government has more time for ignoring it's citizens.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The key words in that post is "As far as you know" Try doing a bit of research. Reporting the missing person, putting up flyers, keeping their anguish in the news, what else should they do?? Tell me if your daughter, wife or sister went missing, what would you do?? What are our taxes for if not for looking after local problems. Next you will be recommending we actually take on collecting those taxes so the government has more time for ignoring it's citizens.

Petros has asked you a direct question now 3 or 4 times... It reflects directly on your repeated demands, so how about you respond?

PS - I've included Petros' post below for your convenience

What is wrong with the study released in 2011?

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Petros has asked you a direct question now 3 or 4 times... It reflects directly on your repeated demands, so how about you respond?

PS - I've included Petros' post below for your convenience

A study does not change the outcome, does it. Since the violence within a reserve community than in other communities of the rest of Canada, is so much greater, the government simply saying the problem is solved without saying how, is not a viable answer. The difference between the two communities, is law enforcement. I know there are mental and physical health facilities available to all the reserve as my daughter works in one as does Petro's wife by his admission. So, it seems that is not the answer.

In my opinion, consequences of acts of violence needs to be put in the hands of the law. Bringing the crimes home to the perpetrators should have some effect. In any case, as I stated, saying a problem is solved and it actually being so, are two very different things. Even in non-reserve communities, violence is mostly done by those closest tor the victim or by someone she knows. However, those, I gather are the 90% of cases solved. However, the remaining 10% in relationship to the rest of the country, I seem to remember is still 4 times higher that elsewhere. This tells me the answer is NOT solved.

There you go..... a resume of all my posts rolled into one.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Petros never responds to direct questions, only with another question, so why are you demanding someone respond to his direct question? For that matter, you don't most of the time either.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Awwwwwwe is Cliffy still pissed that herbicides have the same toxicity class as ecofriendly Mr. Clean toilet cleaner?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
A study does not change the outcome, does it. Since the violence within a reserve community than in other communities of the rest of Canada, is so much greater, the government simply saying the problem is solved without saying how, is not a viable answer. The difference between the two communities, is law enforcement. I know there are mental and physical health facilities available to all the reserve as my daughter works in one as does Petro's wife by his admission. So, it seems that is not the answer.

In my opinion, consequences of acts of violence needs to be put in the hands of the law. Bringing the crimes home to the perpetrators should have some effect. In any case, as I stated, saying a problem is solved and it actually being so, are two very different things. Even in non-reserve communities, violence is mostly done by those closest tor the victim or by someone she knows. However, those, I gather are the 90% of cases solved. However, the remaining 10% in relationship to the rest of the country, I seem to remember is still 4 times higher that elsewhere. This tells me the answer is NOT solved.

There you go..... a resume of all my posts rolled into one.
Their you go ,you have just solved the problem . A go nowhere ,learn nothing , do nothing culture thanks to the reservation system
started by our forefathers and maintained by successive generations with little or no change amid and despite continual abuses of both people and system .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Awwwwwwe is Cliffy still pissed that herbicides have the same toxicity class as ecofriendly Mr. Clean toilet cleaner?
I'm not pissed. You want to be an A-hole, that's your problem. And if it was ecofriendly then why do you have to wear a hazmat suit? You can spew BS all you want, but most people know you by your stench.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
A study does not change the outcome, does it.

... And yet, you are demanding another Commission, investigation, Blue Ribbon Panel, etc, ad infinitum...

Ironic

Petros never responds to direct questions, only with another question, so why are you demanding someone respond to his direct question? For that matter, you don't most of the time either.

The question Petros asked would have directly addressed bluebyrd's position... All it would have taken was a short visit to the link he provided.

... I suppose that is asking too much of some people, much like yourself, that have a greater vested interest in not solving problems as it cripples your lobby agenda

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Most household cleaning products would be required by law, to be accompanied by an MSDS, in the workplace.
Household products do have MSDS and the herbicides in Cliffy's stoned ramblings are Class 3 domestic products the same as toilet bowl cleaner and windex but we're all going to die.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
if it were your child's body Angstrom you would want to know...who wouldn't want to know where their child is, who wouldn't be tortured? We have already spent millions of dollars on this, there was no answer at this time. Some will turn up, others will not. People go missing everyday...hundreds of them.

We spend millions of dollars needlessly daily. That is not the answer either. Just because I think they have a right to know what happened to their mothers, their daughters, their sisters, doesn't mean I think another study should be done. It is a systemic issue that needs to be worked on. We just keep throwing money at it. that is not the answer, but neither is turning our backs

never

I would have found the di€k head myself, don't even doubt that.

I would find the di€k head myself.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I would have found the di€k head myself, don't even doubt that.
I do doubt it. You may have found someone but the right someone would be questionable. Also the bodies are missing so yeah...