Tories shutting down Status of Women offices

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
You might have wanted to start a new thread on this issue.

Last time I checked, the pay discrepancy was something like 75% and most fathers were refusing parental leave or letting the mother take their share. I wouldn't call this minor; keep in mind it is statistical.

There is a rather famous study that I posted in some other forum here. The concept was simple, send the same application form to many different potential employers (it was in Academia, so they were psychology profs, I believe) and request them to evaluate it. Only the name was changed, from Karen to Robert, if memory serves me. Robert's CV was almost always looked at more favorably, even by female employers.

Survival of the Fittest: not at all. Our perceptions of other people are skewed depending on their gender.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pay equality? In 1967 one parent could work and family would prosper.

Today both have to work and are living in debt.

Does that sound like people are getting paid their worth whether male or female?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The killer on the 'pay equity' thing is the insistence by some that it should be 'equal pay for work of equal value'....

Who determines the 'equal value' part? That little phrase makes all the world of difference.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
From the studies I've found ..Women are doing no better or worse than men....Single women and single men have similar problems when it comes to raising children ..However women have more rights to assistance....I sat in on a meeting at the E.I office to get an idea of who is getting layed off..Who is getting E.I...A lot of seasonal workers ..Mostly men..Who are gettin layed off....As a matter of fact up to 80 percent were men..Is this because it is mostly women who run these programs?.Or is it because Employers are more pressured to keep women?..Not quite sure...Hope not...Hope all these layed off men aren't married..Will cause a lot of problems in both their futures,and their childrens futures .>EQUALLY<...More single parent struggling to make it...It is in all of our interests to keep families strong ,and for singles to have a chance to live equally in society ,..in fair balance with sustainability.. Regardless of race or gender..But don't just sH*t on men..Blame yourself..Everyone involved in the issue..!...

.Governments are no help.They really don't give 2 craps at the end of the day..and in There Lies the problem...Especially at tax time...Too many small interest groups lookin for, or tryin to get more money...Too many female politicians not representing ALL their constituents...Soley women..

When all the white men are torn down and stepped on at their own sacrifice...What then.?.Will everyone be happy.?...Everyone for themselves seems to be the game ..Sad to say...I feel we all gotta work together one person at a time..Gotta stop drawing so many irrevelant lines in the sand..They don't build as much as they tear a part...Especially when it comes to equality. Since really ,there is no such thing..as truly equal..Different strokes for different folks...However ..there is Balance and sustainability ..and if you beleive in that...I'm with you.....

My ex and I made our own agreement for/with our son ..working great...No thanks to governments or lawyers...Stay away from them whenever possible..The system is a mess..There are Too many laws and rules that discriminate against everyone equally! ..We don't need anymore...Better to solve the problems on your own.with the people involved .No use blaming others ..or just yourself ..tearing others down ,for whatever reason. will come back to bite you in the ass ...Take my word for it..I have some pretty big chunks missin...But if I dish it out...I expect it back..Can take the heat without screaming foul

There are laws and rules to cover almost any and every issue that realates to any problem or crime out there...why do we need more?...Gives politicians something to do..Keeps the slavedrones busy trying to sort through all the mess...

Your greatest strength can feed your worst fear if you let it!..

Women are strong...Men are strong ....Women are weaK ...men are weak...

Depends where you stand I guess...Where you are trying to go...

Here you go...Feminists seem to want everything men have ..To be equal...Yet hate men...I just don't get it...

Let's work toward realistic solutions.We all got enough problems Equally..Without needing to make more...

Or whatever..Thak you for reading my spew

I'm Just 1 single white father trying to live happy...So far so good..Considering

B.Greenfish66

Peace;-):canada::wav:

Last edited:
Reactions: bobnoorduyn

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
The killer on the 'pay equity' thing is the insistence by some that it should be 'equal pay for work of equal value'....

Who determines the 'equal value' part?

Short answer: Bureaucrats
Long answer but will never meet the criteria for "pay equity" is the marketplace. That is how the determination for "market value" is made. What pay a person will work for and what another person will pay is what determines their market value, anything else is bureaucratic meddling.